PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy

wildstangs
06-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted

UT quarterback Colt McCoy helps save neighbor in emergency
By Associated Press
June 8, 2006

Posted 5:03 p.m. GRAHAM — Say this for Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, who's trying to win the starting job this fall: He apparently reacts quickly.

McCoy helped saved a neighbor's life by swimming about 300 yards across a lake and flagging down emergency crews while Ken Herrington had a seizure on his backyard dock, wife Patina Herrington said.

Colt's father Brad McCoy said it was late Memorial Day when his wife heard Patina Herrington yelling for help across the lake. Brad and Colt swam to the other side before Colt raced up a steep, rocky incline to signal for help.

"It was just a true hero story of how everybody came together and saved a life," Patina Herrington said.

Ken Herrington, who has undergone three brain surgeries, stayed in a Fort Worth hospital for a week before returning home Sunday.

Patina Herrington said she'll now root for McCoy, 19, to replace Vince Young as Texas' starting quarterback. McCoy, a redshirt freshman, is battling for the job with freshman Jevan Snead.

Cameron Crazy
06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
GO COLT!!:rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
06-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
GO COLT!!:rolleyes:

say what you want about him because he plays for UT, but he helped save someones life... he's a good guy in my book :)

DU_stud04
06-08-2006, 08:59 PM
GO COLT!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cameron Crazy
06-08-2006, 09:26 PM
im not mouthing i maent ot put something else!

Steer Fever
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
well atleast he can save one person b/c mack brown will not be saved after the season he is going to have this year. Maybe if they played football in water with 300 yd fields they might do well.

HipposGitErDun
06-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
well atleast he can save one person b/c mack brown will not be saved after the season he is going to have this year. Maybe if they played football in water with 300 yd fields they might do well.

good one,,,,,

not really

Cameron Crazy
06-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Steer Fever drinking some hatorade!:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Steer Fever drinking some hatorade!:D prolly just still got the taste of crow from last season, and seasons past. or could be just wanting attention like a child, which they prolly are anyway.

Old Tiger
06-09-2006, 01:34 AM
well atleast he can save one person b/c mack brown will not be saved after the season he is going to have this year. Maybe if they played football in water with 300 yd fields they might do well. Way to be an ass! The guy did something great and your going to go off and say something like that. *** dude?

Adidas410s
06-09-2006, 08:36 AM
UT QB McCoy helps seizure victim

11:53 AM CDT on Thursday, June 8, 2006
By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

Texas football fans Ken and Patina Herrington now hope that redshirt freshman Colt McCoy wins the starting quarterback job this fall after he helped saved Ken's life on Memorial Day.

Around 9 p.m. May 29, Patina Herrington said the neighbor's chocolate Labrador, Annibell, was barking and scratching at the back door of her home in Graham, Texas. Herrington said she knew something was wrong, grabbed a flashlight and headed outside.

It was almost pitch-dark, but Herrington said she could hear her husband having a seizure on a small dock that extended into a privately owned lake. So Patina ran down to the dock and made sure her husband wouldn't fall in and drown.

Ken Herrington had three brain surgeries 11 ½ years ago. He had gotten a foot infection, Patina said, and was susceptible to seizures.

"I knew I couldn't leave him," Patina Herrington said, "so I just started yelling for help."

Colt McCoy and his father, Brad, were on the other side of the lake.

"My wife is the one that first heard a noise, and she said, 'You guys need to come out here because somebody's in trouble,' " Brad McCoy said.

The two swam about 300 yards to the other side, and Colt even lost his shoes in the water. Neighbors called 9-1-1, but McCoy put on his father's shoes and raced up a steep, rocky incline to flag down emergency rescue crews.

Medical personnel administered IVs on the dock, and Ken Herrington spent the next week at Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. He returned home Sunday and was resting comfortably.

Patina Herrington is convinced that without Colt and Brad McCoy's help, things might have turned out differently. That's why she'll be rooting for McCoy, 19, this fall as UT searches for Vince Young's replacement.

"It was just a true hero story of how everybody came together and saved a life," Patina Herrington said.

E-mail brdavis@dallasnews.com

Phil C
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Way to go Colt!

Adidas410s
06-09-2006, 08:47 AM

You stay classy James...moron! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-09-2006, 08:55 AM
sorry I didn't realize this had already been posted...my bad!