PDA

View Full Version : Downlow MIA's

Bullaholic
06-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Football season is drawing closer, and it seems that some of our regular posters in several areas have not made any appearances yet. I know it is still off-season for football and early, but I hope some of these folks will at least "check in" now and then and tell us how things are in their area. Board "personalities" are the "spices" of the Downlow, and I enjoy them all.

Old Cardinal? Anybody know his status? I hope he is well.

Celina posters? Nobody from this perennial championship town has yet made their presence known.

SE Tx posters? Jasper- Huper? WOS?

Decatur? NateDawg? Chief Woodman?

Muleshoe? Da Mules?

Snyder- Witchy Woman?

Who else hasn't been heard from?

Emerson1
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
It's the offseason.

GWOOD
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Muleshoe? Da Mules?

Muleshoe is moving to 2A next year. We may not hear much from Da Mules this football season which is too bad. We do not have many posters from the Texas Plains

Adidas410s
06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Witchy Woman may be in exile...

As for Celina...we have their head cheerleader in PPHSFan already here. You could go over to the old Pig and try and recruit some of the Celina guys from over there. They are QUITE proud of their team...

Ranger Mom
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I think Witchy Woman only comes out of the woodwork DURING the season!!

We have had a couple of Celina fans sign up...just haven't seen them post yet!

WOSgrad
06-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, as far as SE Tex posters, there have been the advent of a some regional sites which have attracted some of the posters that used to frequent statewide sites.

3ABirdMan
06-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Well, as far as SE Tex posters, there have been the advent of a some regional sites which have attracted some of the posters that used to frequent statewide sites.

And then again ..............

Some of us are lurking here in the shadows. My post count vs join date shows I'm a big reader, not poster, but I gotta tell ya - Nobody wishing me Happy Birthday in a thread of my own really hurt my feelings:(

schu1213
06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I want rotex back

SintonFan
06-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
And then again ..............

Some of us are lurking here in the shadows. My post count vs join date shows I'm a big reader, not poster, but I gotta tell ya - Nobody wishing me Happy Birthday in a thread of my own really hurt my feelings:(
I looked for that thread you talked about and couldn't find it?:confused:

3ABirdMan
06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I looked for that thread you talked about and couldn't find it?:confused:

:confused: What thread?:thinking:

GS#17
06-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry you missed us Golden Triangle fans... I've been checking out the site occasionally, but like Grad pointed out, have been more involved with our regional website, **********.com, and local website WO-S.com.

SintonFan
06-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
:confused: What thread?:thinking:
I thought you meant you created your own B-Day thread when you said:

in a thread of my own ...
:D

injuredinmelee
06-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I miss me some Witchy Woman and Snydermom action.

3ABirdMan
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I thought you meant you created your own B-Day thread when you said:
:D

:doh: OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!:doh:

exbccards76'smom
06-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Just to let everyone know, Old Cardinal is OK, he just doesn't post much anyone. Saw him 2 weeks ago in Houston at our playoff game. The rest of the bunch hangs out right now at www.**********.com. I'm sure they'll popup around football season.

bccards
06-09-2006, 09:40 PM
not a very big fan of that site. too many advertisements on their message board. too many moderators, too much clutter!

griff
06-10-2006, 12:58 PM
There was a time when I was turned off to this site. I became aware of it in 2003, but didn't decide to join until last season. My first impression of the 3adownlow was that there were too many juvenile commentaries from posters and bully censoring by moderators to a couple of my friends who made dissenting (non-vulgar) remarks. Things seemed to have calmed down in my opinion, at least in the last year. Even though my main interest here is 3A football, what keeps me coming back is much of the non-football topics and the hilarious signatures. I get three or four good laughs just reading the bantering here every week. Sometimes reading the material makes me feel like Bill Murray in "Stripes" when he said, "...(what's so interesting about the Army) is the stories you tell. Lee Harvey, when you told me what you did to that cow...I want to party with you, man."

I'm also among the clan hanging around at www.**********.com and www.wo-s.com. The regional sites are always first choice for many people (including myself), as you can understand. I'm wondering if many of the other schools represented here have local/regional sites (other than Jasper). I realize there are many regions of the state represented who post here. However, the site frequently gives the feel of a "local" site for the moderators Ranger Mom, LH Panther Mom, "Jason" (whoever he is), Sinton, Sweetwater, and Abilene Wylie graduates. Does anyone else notice that?

I'm not attempting to pick a fight with those named...only making an observation.

LH Panther Mom
06-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by griff
However, the site frequently gives the feel of a "local" site for the moderators Ranger Mom, LH Panther Mom, "Jason" (whoever he is), Sinton, Sweetwater, and Abilene Wylie graduates. Does anyone else notice that?

I'm not attempting to pick a fight with those named...only making an observation.
Local board for Liberty Hill? LOL.... Well, we don't have our "own" board, and the centex board that's around doesn't really consider us to be in central Texas. :p Heck, how many posts do I make about "us" anyway? :doh: And when I joined, it seemed to be the Burnet board. :D

Hupernikomen
06-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Been to Austin for a week and about to head out to the Smokey Mountains and Florida for a week or so..2 a days will be here before you know it. I wonder if we will have football games before school starts in 2007 with the change in school start dates?

griff
06-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Local board for Liberty Hill? LOL.... Well, we don't have our "own" board, and the centex board that's around doesn't really consider us to be in central Texas. :p Heck, how many posts do I make about "us" anyway? :doh: And when I joined, it seemed to be the Burnet board. :D

Ah...yes, I left Burnett off the list.

About the "us"...sometimes the board feels like a very small circle of friends from the schools and names mentioned who are almost always only chatting among themselves.

Keep your tongue in cheek. You're imitating that rattlesnake at Ranger Mom's place ;)

Gobbla2001
06-11-2006, 12:41 PM

About the "us"...sometimes the board feels like a very small circle of friends from the schools and names mentioned who are almost always only chatting among themselves.

I can see how you get that feeling, but the 'circle' is open for anyone... step right in, contribute to it... you gotta go through the door, the circle isn't gunna move to around you...

I do understand though...

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Ah...yes, I left Burnett off the list.

Keep your tongue in cheek. You're imitating that rattlesnake at Ranger Mom's place ;)
I get what you're saying. During the off-season, it tends to be more that way, but I try to "talk" to folks from all around the state. Sorry you felt left out....not intentional at all. :)

mustang04
06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

As for Celina...we have their head cheerleader in PPHSFan already here.

wait....Adidas were u being sarcastic...i think so hahaha:doh: :doh:

Da Mules
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Lurker... I'm just a dirty rotten off-season lurker :inlove: I do drop in occasionally like most of the other MIA's just to see if somebody accidentally talks 3a football. like Phil, ya know?

Way I figure it, if all of the 4a Forney poster stayed here on this excellent board to talk football, so should 2a Muleshoe. MuleFan and I will keep ya posted on life and football out here in the South Plains.

Interesting side note, last year's 1A champ Stratford went up to 2A. I see they have scheduled Levelland, Perryton, & Childress in pre-season...guess they're feelin their oats! :D

One good Panhandle 2A site Terry's 2A Region 1 Sports Page (http://www.terryssportspage.com/)

I think this will be a very good statewide 2a site if football season ever gets here Texas 2A football (http://www.texas2afootball.com/)