PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals: Game 1 Official Thread

District303aPastPlayer
06-08-2006, 09:22 AM
So this will be the poll/discussion/updates thread :)

For Starters... Who ya got and why?

pirate4state
06-08-2006, 09:27 AM
First of all: I don't like basketball! I do however watch the Finals and even though some of the Mavericks make me sick :hairpunk: I'll root for them b/c they are a TEXAS team and I used to live in Dallas. :)

Second of all: I don't like basketball!! :D

oh and I wouldn't be upset if Miami wins b/c I like Shaq and that Wade guy looks pretty good. :cool:

OH AND YOU FORGOT THE "WHO CARES" OPTION! :p

Phil C
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
It should be a great game. I hope the Mavs win but we have to remember Miami is almost invincible with Shaq and Wade. Remember how invincible Shaq was at LA with Kobe. Now it is with Wade. Maybe LA should have kept Shaq and let Kobe go but who knows. You have to give the edge to Miami but let's hope Mavs can win.

Phil C
06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I like basketball. It is hard to get a sandlock game with guys my age but I like basketball. The other day some of the younger ones let me play basketball with them and I fell down and got a bloody nose. Come on Sinton men. Let's meet for a basketball game. I like basketball.

kepdawg
06-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I hope the Mavs can keep Antoine Walker under control!

pirate44
06-08-2006, 11:25 AM
i dont have a reason for thinking the mavs will win, but my reason for hoping they win is because its a texas team playing a florida tea. florida, yuck

gtownpoke
06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm going for the Heat because I like Wade and I cant stand the Mavericks. O ya and I like basketball...

Macarthur
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It should be a great game. I hope the Mavs win but we have to remember Miami is almost invincible with Shaq and Wade. Remember how invincible Shaq was at LA with Kobe. Now it is with Wade. Maybe LA should have kept Shaq and let Kobe go but who knows. You have to give the edge to Miami but let's hope Mavs can win.

There are several problems with this, Phil.

1. While the Mavs don't really have an answer for Shaq, he is not the same player he was in LA.

2. Miami is not invincible. They did not win a single game versus Dallas, SA, Phx & Denver this year. Against the top 4 seeds in the west, Miami was 0-8. Granted, they are playing better than earlier in the year.

However,

3. Dallas is younger, quicker, more athletic, shoot better, deeper, play better defense and rebound better.

Dallas wins in 6 and I wouldn't be surprised if it's sooner. I think a couple of the games in the series could be blow outs.

PHS Wildcats
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
There are several problems with this, Phil.

1. While the Mavs don't really have an answer for Shaq, he is not the same player he was in LA.

2. Miami is not invincible. They did not win a single game versus Dallas, SA, Phx & Denver this year. Against the top 4 seeds in the west, Miami was 0-8. Granted, they are playing better than earlier in the year.

However,

3. Dallas is younger, quicker, more athletic, shoot better, deeper, play better defense and rebound better.

Dallas wins in 6 and I wouldn't be surprised if it's sooner. I think a couple of the games in the series could be blow outs.

I'll take Miami in 6, lets remember the last time the played the top contenders was feb 19th, Miami was in disaray and after that 36pt loss the turn things around. Also remember Detroit won the season series against Miami 3-1. So the regular season doesn't mean squat.