PDA

View Full Version : al-Zarqawi 'terminated'

pirate44
06-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Al-Qaida in Iraq's al-Zarqawi 'terminated'
U.S. air raid north of Baghdad kills most wanted militant in Iraq
NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE

Updated: 23 minutes ago
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida’s leader in Iraq who led a bloody campaign of suicide bombings and kidnappings, has been killed in an air strike, U.S. and Iraqi officials said Thursday, adding that his identity was confirmed by fingerprints and a look at his face. It was a major victory in the U.S.-led war in Iraq and the broader war on terror.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said al-Zarqawi was killed along with seven aides Wednesday evening in a remote area 30 miles northeast of Baghdad in the volatile province of Diyala, just east of the provincial capital of Baqouba, al-Maliki said.

Loud applause broke out among the reporters and soldiers as al-Maliki, flanked by U.S. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad and U.S. Gen. George Casey, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, told a news conference that “al-Zarqawi was eliminated.”

Al-Qaida in Iraq's al-Zarqawi 'terminated' (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13195017/)

pirate44
06-08-2006, 06:23 AM
look for a big jump in the stock market in the next few days. this could be the beginning of the end. if the politicians are looking for a "way out" where they can claim victory, this would be their big chance. i for one, hope they finish the job and that no shortcuts are taken. there are more than a few terrorist nut jobs willing to step in those smoking shoes. but in reality, this is the best news from this war since sadam hussein's capture.

spiveyrat
06-08-2006, 06:32 AM
He probably suffered less than he deserved to. To this day I still can't get it out of my head how he beheaded people. I'm glad he's burning in hell now wondering where all the virgins are.

Big WTG to the US military!!! :clap: :thumbsup:

ej2525
06-08-2006, 06:56 AM
SWEET!!!!! :clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
06-08-2006, 07:27 AM
awesome

WOSgrad
06-08-2006, 07:40 AM
I heard this little ditty being sung by the folks at KILT FM 100.3 during the news broadcast. The music is to "Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead!" from the Wizard of Oz.

"Ding! Dong! al-Zarqawi's dead!
Special Ops took off his head!
Ding! Dong! al-Zarqawi's dead!"

olddawggreen
06-08-2006, 07:51 AM
May his feast consist of pork chops, his 80 virgins be pigs and his eternal rest be blessed with the constant sound and smell of swine!:devil: :devil: :devil: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/az.jpg

CHS_CG
06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Was happy to hear this news this morning while I was getting ready for work. Maybe now we can get a handle on this war

kaorder1999
06-08-2006, 10:08 AM
is it just me or is that a HUGE frame that picture is in???

pirate4state
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
is it just me or is that a HUGE frame that picture is in??? I was thinking the same thing! They framed his picture??? and that he looks alot like Pablo Escobar... :thinking: :D

Well...now that I take a really good look he doesn't look like Pablo....guess it was one of those things. :doh:

pirate44
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
im sure 75% of the middle east doesnt believe he was killed. they had to make sure and get a good photo for a positive identity to convince some of them. the allied forces are lucky they have proof. if he had been vapoized with no proof of his death, it would be as if he were still alive

AggieJohn
06-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
im sure 75% of the middle east doesnt believe he was killed. they had to make sure and get a good photo for a positive identity to convince some of them. the allied forces are lucky they have proof. if he had been vapoized with no proof of his death, it would be as if he were still alive so true

Macarthur
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I heard this little ditty being sung by the folks at KILT FM 100.3 during the news broadcast. The music is to "Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead!" from the Wizard of Oz.

"Ding! Dong! al-Zarqawi's dead!
Special Ops took off his head!
Ding! Dong! al-Zarqawi's dead!"

I guess I'm glad he's dead, also, but am I the only one that this make a little uncomfortable. I don't want us, as Americans, to celebrate death like the terrorists we are trying to bring to justice. I think we should approach this very sober and business-like.

pirate44
06-08-2006, 11:17 AM
i dont get-off on someones death either. and i cant say if he is in heaven or hell. one of the last things Jesus said before dying on the cross was, forgive them for they know not what they are doing (im paraphrasing).
but i do believe his absence will save alot of lives.

CHS_CG
06-08-2006, 12:15 PM
They said today on the radio that many people are scared there will be another attack on the US to get revenge on his death... that just scared the crap outta me!

spiveyrat
06-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I guess I'm glad he's dead, also, but am I the only one that this make a little uncomfortable. I don't want us, as Americans, to celebrate death like the terrorists we are trying to bring to justice. I think we should approach this very sober and business-like.

I know where you're coming from. But when I think back to the Americans he beheaded (and viedo-taped) while they were awake, alert and alive... a little vengeance takes over.

spiveyrat
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
They said today on the radio that many people are scared there will be another attack on the US to get revenge on his death... that just scared the crap outta me!

It never occurred to you before today that terrorists have been and are now quietly planning more attacks within our borders? Say it ain't so!

pirate44
06-08-2006, 12:24 PM
i dont think theyll try any harder then they already have been

Gobbla2001
06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't say "Hey, let's all have a 'He's Dead' party" in the streets or anything... but he is against our cause and a VERY, VERY LARGE part of of the group against our cause, having that part removed is grounds for some happiness...

Macarthur
06-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I wouldn't say "Hey, let's all have a 'He's Dead' party" in the streets or anything... but he is against our cause and a VERY, VERY LARGE part of of the group against our cause, having that part removed is grounds for some happiness...

Again, I'm glad he's gone, and Idon't want this thread to go a different direction, but we've paid an awfully big price to take out these guys. I can't help but wonder if the same thing could not have been accomplished covertly, with little or no military & civilian casualties.

CHS_CG
06-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
It never occurred to you before today that terrorists have been and are now quietly planning more attacks within our borders? Say it ain't so!

please like it hasnt been in the back of my head since 9/11 but now i think it will be bigger and worse than they were already doing

Gobbla2001
06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
please like it hasnt been in the back of my head since 9/11 but now i think it will be bigger and worse than they were already doing

I think it'll be the same, if anything less, now they're scramblin' to find new leaders for Iraq etc...

But I could be wrong, these are some crazy bass-turds...

CHS_CG
06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
these are some crazy bass-turds...

I totally agree with you.... Just worries me thats all!

spiveyrat
06-08-2006, 12:48 PM
I would imagine whatever they were planning, they will continue, no smaller, no bigger. The bigger the plot is the more complex it gets requiring more and more people involved. The more people involved, the easier it is for someone to slip up and get caught.

Ranger Mom
06-08-2006, 12:57 PM

Do you really sit around and worry about it?? I'm being serious when I ask that. Maybe I am just too "blase" about it, I rarely give it a thought!

pirate44
06-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Do you really sit around and worry about it?? I'm being serious when I ask that. Maybe I am just too "blase" about it, I rarely give it a thought!
me either

SintonFan
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I totally agree with you.... Just worries me thats all!
I came up with a little song for you T!

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

:)
is phil rubbing off on me?

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
this thread is stupid. im not saying im not great that sob is gone, but come on.

SintonFan
06-08-2006, 01:44 PM
I know more like me are happy he's gone than otherwise bf_a_02.:)

pirate44
06-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
this thread is stupid. im not saying im not great that sob is gone, but come on.
whats so wrong with this thread?

AP Panther Fan
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Now if we could just win the Triple Crown and find Osama......

Goodbye Saddam...
Adios Abu Musab al-Zarqawi....

(and that's all I have to say about that...) ;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
whats so wrong with this thread? i cant really get into it. but make no mistake about it, we will still have troops in iraq until there is no threat. if you dont believe me, look at our country's history of being deployed and still haveing troops in country to help keep it stable and buld relations with the country. korea, germany, vietnam, you name it...

tap_tx_sinton
06-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Just like getting that big Trophy Buck, that should rank high.

sinton66
06-08-2006, 07:57 PM
i cant really get into it. but make no mistake about it, we will still have troops in iraq until there is no threat. if you dont believe me, look at our country's history of being deployed and still haveing troops in country to help keep it stable and buld relations with the country. korea, germany, vietnam, you name it...

Yeah, prolly so, but we got one LESS nutcase to worry about.

sinfan75
06-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm glad he's dead. Anyone that'll cut someones( or should I say SAW) head off should face the same death. Unfortunately he didn't. But he's dead any way. just as good!

espn1
06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I'd like to have a room with all of their heads on my wall.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I'd like to have a room with all of their heads on my wall. that may sound cool, but you dont really know the kind of traum you would be asking for.

espn1
06-08-2006, 10:12 PM
that may sound cool, but you dont really know the kind of traum you would be asking for. I'd put a pool table in the middle.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I'd put a pool table in the middle. ok. you do that. but speaking from experience, you dont want that. trust me.