Samantha Duran / Ferris / Jeremy Tarrant
Kim Alford / Borger / Steve Roberts
Kacee Castillo / Sinton / Andy Villasana
Layci Taylor / Comanche / Judy Lacy
Terann Ragland / Snyder / Darren Pool
Dina Ortiz / Monahans / David Parker
Christy Grisham / Robinson / Vicki Johnston
Melissa Tice / Castleberry / Kathy Schoettle

:clap: Congrats to all these girls & their coaches, but especially to Julie & Kacee!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

link (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/All_State_Teams.htm)

District303aPastPlayer
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
not bad for a freshman! Congrats Kacee and to pirateman98 for your neice's award :)

pirateman98
06-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Congratulation to both Julie and of course to Kacee! Yes Aaron, I am very proud of her. I love you Kacee, and the best part of it all, they get to see you blossom even more over the next three years. Wow, I am very proud of you girl, I always knew you could do it!

Snyder_TigerFan
06-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Terann Ragland / Snyder / Darren Pool

Way to go Terann!! You still have next year!

Congrats to all!

Tiger Baseball
06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
kinda hard to believe there is not a Clyde or Wylie player on this?

Snyder_TigerFan
06-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball

I was thinking that too, seeing that they both we farther in the playoffs.

pirate4state
06-07-2006, 10:30 PM
kinda hard to believe there is not a Clyde or Wylie player on this? There are alot of girls that didn't make the list. :(

BTEXDAD
06-08-2006, 07:08 AM
There are alot of girls that didn't make the list. :(

You said it, pirate.
you should see our district selections. Lots of girls left off even there. Everything has gotten political.

But congratulations to all the girls who made it.

DaHop72
06-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Congrats Terann.

Bullaholic
06-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Surprised that none of the Graham girls made it. Saw them once this year against Bridgeport. That team has got some really good athletes, especially the SS.

Phil C
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Way to go Kacee and Julie!! See you and the rest of the girls next year. And I want you back too Megan! Go Lady Pirates!

18handicap
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
If that is the TGCA list, the coach has to be a member of the TGCA for their player to make the all-state team or all-star team.

Coaches are nominating more and more players every year so it is getting tough. I didn't see any of mine, but having two pitchers that pitched equal time and had almost the same stats hurt our chances. That's just how it works now. Rather have too many nominations than not enough. The coaches on that committee have a tough job to do -- I've done it and I commend them for their efforts on their own time to do this job!

pirate44
06-08-2006, 11:24 AM
congrats to all especially the Sinton girls:clap:

pirate4state
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
If that is the TGCA list, the coach has to be a member of the TGCA for their player to make the all-state team or all-star team.

Coaches are nominating more and more players every year so it is getting tough. I didn't see any of mine, but having two pitchers that pitched equal time and had almost the same stats hurt our chances. That's just how it works now. Rather have too many nominations than not enough. The coaches on that committee have a tough job to do -- I've done it and I commend them for their efforts on their own time to do this job! It is the TGCA list. Does anyone else put a list out? The academic list on the TGCA site is also up and somewhat interesting.

Phil C
06-08-2006, 11:44 AM
It is the TGCA list. Does anyone else put a list out? The academic list on the TGCA site is also up and somewhat interesting.

Can you post the link?

Old Tiger
06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Sweet, two girls from Rockdale.

pirate4state
06-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Can you post the link? The link is in the original post. :doh:

Buccaneer
06-08-2006, 03:38 PM
http://www.austintgca.com/sball/SB_Academic_Teams.htm

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
No one on this list from Barbers Hill or Bellville, this list must have something political going on here!
Yes Bellville has many underclassman, but thsy also had 3 pretty good Srs, that were deserving?:thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-08-2006, 03:47 PM
There are alot of girls that didn't make the list. :(

What She Said!!!!!!

pirate4state
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What he said!! I'm a she! :) 18handicap explained why some girls may have been overlooked. There should be another list coming out soon.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 18handicap
[B]If that is the TGCA list, the coach has to be a member of the TGCA for their player to make the all-state team or all-star team.

That makes sense there are some players that are not on here because the coach in not a member.
Then, were is the real list for the State Team?

DaHop72
06-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Congrats to Amber for making the all-state academic team.:thumbsup:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm a she! :)

My Bad!!! I fixed it.:D

GOFOR2
06-08-2006, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 18handicap
[B]If that is the TGCA list, the coach has to be a member of the TGCA for their player to make the all-state team or all-star team.

That makes sense there are some players that are not on here because the coach in not a member.
Then, were is the real list for the State Team?

WTH do you mean where is the real list.
Get over yourself ok.
There are well over 3000 kids that played varsity softball in 3A this year. Only a handful of kids can receive these special accolades and it is ashame that not all kids can get recognized, but the reality is that, You Cant Always Get What You What.

SintonFan
06-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
Congratulation to both Julie and of course to Kacee! Yes Aaron, I am very proud of her. I love you Kacee, and the best part of it all, they get to see you blossom even more over the next three years. Wow, I am very proud of you girl, I always knew you could do it!
That's awesome!:clap:
Congratulations to you ladies!:clap: :clap:

softball_mom
06-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats go out to Cami and Becca !!!(from W.C.) Way to work together!!!

neck_94
06-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Congrats WC girls, you truely deserve it.

but I too am surprised the little girl from Barbers Hill didn't make it...(the pitcher)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-09-2006, 10:45 PM
18handicap explained why some girls may have been overlooked. There should be another list coming out soon.

Heres info for GoFor2.

Steer Fever
06-09-2006, 11:05 PM
is softball even a sport?

it's just as boring as NASCAR and golf and i don't consider those sports!
so why even bring up a topic about something that isn't a sport,
come on people get some sense please. every time i am on this board there are BS threads talking about non-sports related **** so lets talk sports and leave the other mess alone. how bout that

pirate4state
06-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Steer Fever

come on people get some sense please. every time i am on this board there are BS threads talking about non-sports related **** so lets talk sports and leave the other mess alone. how bout that how about you just don't open threads that you don't deem sports related! :rolleyes: How hard would that be genius? :hand:

neck_94
06-10-2006, 08:04 AM

well, actually it is a sport.
and moreover, it is much faster paced than its counterpart, baseball. Oh yeah, I like golf too . . . :D

Old Tiger
06-10-2006, 12:29 PM

come on people get some sense please. every time i am on this board there are BS threads talking about non-sports related **** so lets talk sports and leave the other mess alone. how bout that Softball is better than baseball.

18handicap
06-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Maybe that's why Graham hasn't made it very far in the playoffs if the fans in that town are like the poster above. Judging from the success that Graham has had in softball in making the playoffs about every year, that "fan" must be in the minority.

West22
06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT BARBERS HILL HAD NO ONE ON THE TEAM?

neck_06
06-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
not bad for a freshman! Congrats Kacee and to pirateman98 for your neice's award :)

but can she do it again next year????

thats what my girl CAMI NEWSOME has done.....All-State Pitcher in both her freshman and sophomore years.

also 2 state title game appearances

pirate4state
06-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
but can she do it again next year????

thats what my girl CAMI NEWSOME has done.....All-State Pitcher in both her freshman and sophomore years.

also 2 state title game appearances

Guess we'll find out next year! :p

GOFOR2
06-11-2006, 09:45 AM
No one on this list from Barbers Hill or Bellville, this list must have something political going on here!
Yes Bellville has many underclassman, but thsy also had 3 pretty good Srs, that were deserving?:thinking:

Here's for FormerBellville. This sounds like whining....hence the reason for my reply...in regards to not making the team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by West22
IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT BARBERS HILL HAD NO ONE ON THE TEAM?

Watch out GOATFOR2 will tell you are whining.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Watch out here also, Goatfor2 will be on your case.

DaHop72
06-11-2006, 12:41 PM

come on people get some sense please. every time i am on this board there are BS threads talking about non-sports related **** so lets talk sports and leave the other mess alone. how bout that You bet, cause you the chief know that the only sports are track and horse racing.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

pirateman98
06-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I believe that my neice can do it again! I have all faith in her and I have seen her play since she was in Teeball. She also pitches, if some of ya'll didn't know, and an all around player. You could pretty much put her in any position and she will do well in it. I wouldn't be suprised if you made All State all four years of high school. I know you might say that I am only saying that because she is my niece and your right. Even if she wasn't, I seen her play enough to know that she is JUST THAT GOOD!!!!! She might tell you other wise because she doesn't let it get to her head!

pirateman98
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
And another thing neck_06, I don't know why your hating on my niece! When I talked to my family about the game, all they could say about Cami was good things. They saw the talent and recognized her for it. I am not going to take anything away from her or try to discredit her either. Sorry if there were some that didn't make it, but one's that did, I think, deserve it. DON'T BE A HATER!!! @$$???? , I BELIEVE YOU CAN FILL IN THE REST!!

GOFOR2
06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Watch out here also, Goatfor2 will be on your case.

You got a problem, BellvilleCowbreath?

coach_in_red
06-11-2006, 11:17 PM
OK--I know 18 explained about TGCA, but here goes again.
Your Coach has to be a member of the TGCA to nominate and get players awarded--no where in our profession does it say that a coach MUST be a member.....they may choose not to be.
They nominate and then it is voted on by a group of coaches from the state.....once it leaves the coaches hands or email, they no longer have anything to do with it......political or not, Texas has many great SB players and YES--some do get over looked. NOW--if your coach is a member and doesn't nominate, then you should take that up with them.
When you talk about political,the ALL DISTRICT selections are where it gets political or even personal......kids get hurt and that isn't right. You should nominate the best you have and coaches should vote for the best....even if it continues to be the same kids (sport after sport--same school each sport).**I am sure it is the same in all districts: coaches nominate but can not vote for their own players.
I agree the BH and Bellville had great players that could have easily been on the team...it is ashame they are not, but like I said before...many great players don't get awarded all of the time.

BTEXDAD
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM

Can't speak for Barbers Hill, but apparently there was some missed communication in Bellville and deadlines were missed and procedures not followed for submitting all state nominations. Hence no Bellville players were even nominated for the all state team. And, as Coach_in_red had suggested this was taken up with the coach (actually b4 she suggested it).
There are a lot of good softball players in texas, and I have no doubt that every player on the team was deserving, but the procedure can't help but be somewhat political. The 8 coaches that were on the committee representing 8 schools had 10 of the 29 selections on the TGCA all state team. It is a volunteer group though, from what I understand, and I sincerely appreciate the coaches on committee putting in their time.
The procedure for selecting all state team is still much better than the all district selection procedure. Rivalries and personal feelings between coaches comes into play in the district selections. To "get even" with someone or to try to do something to overcome jealousy, a school's players may be left off team. The only ones hurt in this are the players.

coach_in_red
06-12-2006, 08:53 AM
BTEX--
You are correct in your statement--- that only the kids get hurt when the games are played by the coaches. I am sorry that your coach did not nominate players from your team in Bellville--I KNOW YOU HAD A FEW DESERVING PLAYERS (your child being one of them??) I hope it wasn't a personal issue with your child and the coach because then again--only the kid gets hurt.
If you took it up with the coach, I hope you got the answers you wanted or maybe you took it above him/her and got even more answers from your admin. Either way--I hope you have found a way to explain it to your child or maybe the coach should do that.

GOFOR2
06-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Can't speak for Barbers Hill, but apparently there was some missed communication in Bellville and deadlines were missed and procedures not followed for submitting all state nominations. Hence no Bellville players were even nominated for the all state team. And, as Coach_in_red had suggested this was taken up with the coach (actually b4 she suggested it).
There are a lot of good softball players in texas, and I have no doubt that every player on the team was deserving, but the procedure can't help but be somewhat political. The 8 coaches that were on the committee representing 8 schools had 10 of the 29 selections on the TGCA all state team. It is a volunteer group though, from what I understand, and I sincerely appreciate the coaches on committee putting in their time.
The procedure for selecting all state team is still much better than the all district selection procedure. Rivalries and personal feelings between coaches comes into play in the district selections. To "get even" with someone or to try to do something to overcome jealousy, a school's players may be left off team. The only ones hurt in this are the players.

That is ashame that it is somewhat political and I believe you are correct in everything else you have stated. It would be nice to see 3 teams selected as the AP does with football. I mean that would be only fair with as many quality players that we have in Texas in all classifications.

coach_in_red
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I think an AP poll for all sports would be great.........

pirate4state
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by coach_in_red
I think an AP poll for all sports would be great......... That still wouldn't solve anything b/c someone would still find something to b**** about!

neck_06
06-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
And another thing neck_06, I don't know why your hating on my niece! When I talked to my family about the game, all they could say about Cami was good things. They saw the talent and recognized her for it. I am not going to take anything away from her or try to discredit her either. Sorry if there were some that didn't make it, but one's that did, I think, deserve it. DON'T BE A HATER!!! @$$???? , I BELIEVE YOU CAN FILL IN THE REST!!

chill out dude, i wasn't trashing your neice, i was just trying to say good things about my girlfriend....sorry, i forgot that was a crime

GOFOR2
06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
I will say this...You dont get near the amount of griping and complaining about who makes and All-State and who doesnt in any either sport except for Softball.

pirate4state
06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I will say this...You dont get near the amount of griping and complaining about who makes and All-State and who doesnt in any either sport except for Softball. oh believe me...there is always someone griping and complaining when that all state football list comes out. ;) I won't name any names, but it'd be easy to do a search. :D :nerd:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-13-2006, 09:07 PM
That is ashame that it is somewhat political and I believe you are correct in everything else you have stated.

I said it was political, and you said I was whining, now you change your oppinion?

GOFOR2
06-14-2006, 07:48 AM
I said it was political, and you said I was whining, now you change your oppinion?

It is political and you were whining. You act as if the first part were some kind of revelation. Let it go already.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
It is political and you were whining. You act as if the first part were some kind of revelation. Let it go already.

How come when I said there must be something political going on here, you say I am whining, after someone else says the same you agree? No I am not whining just voiceing an oppinion. You on the other hand changed you oppinion to the same thing I said, after someone else stated the same thing that was stated by me!
Now, you stop your whining!!!!!!

pirate4state
06-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Both of you stop your b********!!! :rolleyes: