PDA

View Full Version : Dcf 3a #1

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
i have never been more proud to say this. Dave Cambell Football Magazine 3A #1 team is.............the GILMER BUCKEYES

a program that has gone 39-3 over the last 3 years is finally getting some of the respect it deserves after not even being mentioned the last 3 years. congrats to coach Jeff Traylor and staff.

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
the smart @$$ replies begin..... now.
seriously though hopefully the guys will live up to it

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
the smart @$$ replies begin..... now.
seriously though hopefully the guys will live up to it at this point i don't care. this is for all the kids who have put this program on the map. and we ain't going anywhere for awhile.:D

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Lufkin in 5a and Tatum in 2a are also #1's. Gilmer and Tatum play in week 1. should be fun. he did not give out 4a or 1a.

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 05:51 PM
so he only gave out 5A 3A and 2A and all 3 were from east texas?

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
so he only gave out 5A 3A and 2A and all 3 were from east texas? well, it was an east texas radio show. smoaky interviewed the managing editor for dcfm.

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 06:01 PM
ahh... gotcha. Is Lufkin really that loaded that they can put them ahead of SLC?

Matthew328
06-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Lufkin may be loaded but loaded enough to go ahead of SLC??? hmm I dunno about that

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I was reading on the Dave Campbells site about the magazine and how it has an article this year about how SLC has an amazing dynasty in the state of texas and all that and yet they dont have them ranked number one. just kinda funny to me...

Old Tiger
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't like to start the season #1

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Gilmer never does so it's a nice change

wos fan1
06-07-2006, 06:33 PM
What is the 3A Top 10????

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 06:40 PM
an article in the tyler paper said the magazine will hit news stands on tuesday

rockdale80
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Well Gilmer may be ranked #1 By Dave Campbell, but we all know Sweetwater is #1 in our hearts. ;) ;)

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well Gilmer may be ranked #1 By Dave Campbell, but we all know Sweetwater is #1 in our hearts. ;) ;) that's funny right there!!!!!!!!!

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
o yes they are number one in my heart :D

rockdale80
06-07-2006, 06:51 PM
o yes they are number one in my heart :D

As well they should be:)

SWMustang
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well Gilmer may be ranked #1 By Dave Campbell, but we all know Sweetwater is #1 in our hearts. ;) ;)

I knew if I read enough of your posts I'd find one that I agreed with. :p

wildstangs
06-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I must have missed something...Why is it that Rockdale80 is so obsessed with Sweetwater?

SWMustang
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Because he can appreciate a quality program. Or just plain envy - what's the difference?

mistanice
06-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's been five years since the Lufkin Panthers brought home the Class 5A Division II crown with a 38-24 win over Austin Westlake. According to 5ATexasFootball.com, the Panthers have a good chance of earning another title in December.

The Web site, which is one of the top sources for 5A high school football on the Internet, picked the Panthers as its No. 1 team in the state rankings, which were announced Thursday.

The Panthers were selected over the Southlake Carroll Dragons, a team that's beaten Lufkin out of the playoffs in three of the past four seasons — including last year's 46-28 decision at SFA's Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches.

The site, 5ATexasFootball.com, stated, "This is one of the easiest No. 1 calls we've made in six years of pre-season rankings given the depth of talent and experience that Lufkin returns compared to other teams in the state."

"The Panthers' nemesis, Southlake Carroll, must replace most of their roster and there's also a strong chance they aren't even in Lufkin's playoff division this year under the new format. From a talent and experience point of view, Lufkin has everything they need to turn dream into reality."

The chance that Lufkin and Southlake Carroll and Lufkin wouldn't be in the same division this season is the addition of a fourth playoff team from each district. That leaves a strong possibility that Lufkin would be a Division II team while Southlake Carroll could move up to Division I.

The Panthers were able to get the No. 1 ranking due to an offense that is expected to be among the state's best. Last year, Lufkin averaged close to 38 points, and Lufkin returns its starting quarterback, its leading rusher and receiver, and almost the entire offensive line.

Lufkin also has a defense that is supposed to be strong despite losing some key players and having some others switch positions.

"The path appears well set for the Panthers to make a run at a second state title, but there is obviously much to work to be done between now and December," 5ATexasFootball's site stated.

The only Top 25 team on Lufkin's schedule is No. 12 The Woodlands. Those teams will play in a nationally televised game on ESPN2 on Oct. 14 at The Woodlands.

Lufkin received a No. 1 ranking in Dave Campbell's Texas Football in 2001 before eventually winning the state title. Dave Campbell's Texas Football rankings will be released later this summer. The Panthers also spent time at No. 1 in The Associated Press poll in 2003 but were knocked out of the playoffs in an upset loss in the opening round.

The Panthers' season opener will be on Sept. 1 at Shreveport Evangel.

KTJ
06-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Give me more info on Curtis Brown.

Adidas410s
06-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I must have missed something...Why is it that Rockdale80 is so obsessed with Sweetwater?

How could you NOT be obsessed with Sweetwater?

gtownpoke
06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
more info on curtis? he plays inside receiver and corner.. he will probably play corner at texas. i dont know exactly what his 40 time is but its really friggin fast. i think he's about 5'11" and probably around 170. if you are anywhere around paris gilmer will be playing in the 7 on 7 qualifying meet next saturday. im sure some of my fellow buckeyes on here can give u better info...

lostaussie
06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Give me more info on Curtis Brown.

Rivals.com

Gilmer star Curtis Brown became the Longhorns' ninth verbal pledge on Tuesday.
Less than 48 hours after the Longhorns extended Brown his offer, the 6-foot, 174-pound two-way star decided to not waste any more time in the recruiting process and verbally committed to the Longhorns.

"I can't stop smiling," Brown said moments after his decision.

After receiving eight verbal pledges over the weekend, Brown's commitment gives the Longhorns nine total commitments for the Class of 2007, but his addition to the group is a big one. In addition to being rated by Rivals.com as one of the nation's top 100 junior prospects, Brown is ranked No. 6 in the most recent Lone Star Recruiting rankings.

Although he posted nearly 2,000 all-purpose yards for Gilmer as a running back/receiver in 2005, Brown is expected to play cornerback for the Longhorns when he arrives in the summer of 2007.

gtownpoke
06-08-2006, 10:57 AM
lol there ya go.

rockdale80
06-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD!!!!!

You act as if there should be another reason.....:hand: