PDA

View Full Version : Real Time with Reggie

mustang04
06-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks for reading the first thread of 'Real Time with Reggie'
I will be reading posts and giving my 2 cents on them and postin it on one thread with my extensive review and after reading a few threads here's my take before lunch:

A) I feel bad for the community of Sinton and pray that they catch the person IF it was arson....

B) I think we should have a public ROM'ing...sounds like FUN!!!

C) That video from Napoleon Dynamite kills me everytime w/ Vince's head on his body....but....i'd rather take vince young and his throwing motion than reggie mcneal and his choke-arts (that was to aggie-john:D )

NOW for the weather:

It's HOT AS HELL!!!!!! :(

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 12:18 PM
stories.....................i love stories:D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
stories.....................i love stories:D :D

Bandera YaYa
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks Reggie.....the weather here is hotter than hell too! Townsfolk are fighting over some bridge thingy not being built as promised. The Saturday nite rodeos are going on....come on out and support the local cowboys! Been seeing our 7 on 7 team practicing, hope they do good at the tourney. Well, that's if from your correspondent from Bandera......over and out....... :D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Thanks Reggie.....the weather here is hotter than hell too! Townsfolk are fighting over some bridge thingy not being built as promised. The Saturday nite rodeos are going on....come on out and support the local cowboys! Been seeing our 7 on 7 team practicing, hope they do good at the tourney. Well, that's if from your correspondent from Bandera......over and out....... :D

Thank you YA-YA...and now can we turn to Chief Ohara for the blotters.......

Chief...???

well, anyways back to original broadcasting! Has anybody else had experience with a stomach bug goign around?? i caught it the other night and it SUCKED.

Bandera YaYa
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
(Psssst, Reggie......the Chief got into a little trouble I heard......keep it going and I'll try to find out what's happening with him......you might want to annouce our big watermelon seed spitting contest that 's coming up pretty soon....you know, get their mind off the Chief ......)

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 12:44 PM
reggie???? the new anchorman????

pirate44
06-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
reggie???? the new anchorman????
yeah, he's a regular katie couric:D

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
yeah, he's a regular katie couric:D

hahaha, i think thats a good match

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:02 PM
hahaha, i think thats a good match

you SHUT YOU MOUTH when you're talkin to me....:D

THIS JUST IN:

The movie Silent Hill SUX!!!!! I watched it last night....waste of $7

we'll be back after these messages....:D

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
you SHUT YOU MOUTH when you're talkin to me....:D

too funny:clap: :clap: :clap:

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
well..this also just came in....I start workin on the wind turbines again tomorrow morning, this will be my 3rd summer to do so!!

if any of yall have any questions about wind turbines, PLEASE feel free to ask!!!:)

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
if any of yall have any questions about wind turbines, PLEASE feel free to ask!!!

Would u be offended if I just asked "The Bone" instead?

:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

44INAROW
06-07-2006, 01:12 PM

THIS JUST IN:

What the heck is that movie about? I don't keep up with new movies that much:(

MHSvarsity2007
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
THIS JUST IN:

well gah...i could've told you that. i hated it.

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 01:15 PM
7 dollers is alot....i like my six flags mall 4 dollers a ticket :D

spiveyrat
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM

B) I think we should have a public ROM'ing...sounds like FUN!!!

But what if you were one of the "victims" of the ROMming? :thinking:

pirate4state
06-07-2006, 01:21 PM

Chief...???

well, anyways back to original broadcasting! Has anybody else had experience with a stomach bug goign around?? i caught it the other night and it SUCKED.

OMG!!! :D :D That's priceless!!! :clap: :clap:

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
But what if you were one of the "victims" of the ROMming? :thinking:

......then i'd cry like a little schoolgirl

GetRdone....I guess you can refer to Bone haha

Silenet hill is about a stupid woman with a stupid little girl that go to a stupid little town and go through many stupid chains of events have a stupid ending.....

pirate4state
06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
well..this also just came in....I start workin on the wind turbines again tomorrow morning, this will be my 3rd summer to do so!!

if any of yall have any questions about wind turbines, PLEASE feel free to ask!!!:) I'll bite. Please tell me all about wind turbines! :nerd: :D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'll bite. Please tell me all about wind turbines! :nerd: :D well..theres ALOT to talk about...what do you want to know???:D

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Silenet hill is about a stupid woman with a stupid little girl that go to a stupid little town and go through many stupid chains of events have a stupid ending.....

sounds pretty stupid.....feel stupid for spend 7 dollers on such a stupid movie? cant forget about gas money, we all know you had to go to abilene.....sweetwater's theater is still showing toy story 2....:D :devil: :D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
sounds pretty stupid.....feel stupid for spend 7 dollers on such a stupid movie? cant forget about gas money, we all know you had to go to abilene.....sweetwater's theater is still showing toy story 2....:D :devil: :D

you are correct, i DID in fact have to go to abilene....stupid movie made me waste the stupid gas.....GAW:mad:

pirate4state
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
well..theres ALOT to talk about...what do you want to know???:D Everything! :p :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/E-66_Egeln_feb2005.jpg/180px-E-66_Egeln_feb2005.jpg

They look pretty cool! :thumbsup:

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Everything! :p :D

well then here it goes......:

The Wind Turbines by Reggie Ham

The wind turbines are tall and white. Oh, they also generate electricity.

The End

:D :D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Everything! :p :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/E-66_Egeln_feb2005.jpg/180px-E-66_Egeln_feb2005.jpg

They look pretty cool! :thumbsup:

wait till i get some pics of me on the top of them posted on here!!!!:)

44INAROW
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
well then here it goes......:

The Wind Turbines by Reggie Ham

The wind turbines are tall and white. Oh, they also generate electricity.

The End

:D :D

we dont' see many of those in our neck of the woods... Are they all over the play in West Texas?

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
we dont' see many of those in our neck of the woods... Are they all over the play in West Texas?

they are getting that way...here pretty soon west texas will have the largest output in the world

the turbines i work on are the 1.5 megawatts...Sure california has a CRAPLOAD of turbines, but they are ALOT smaller and dont have as much output

the turbines off the coast of germany and Ireland are GIGANTIC!!! just turbines out in the ocean, sweet lookin i you ask me

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Yes, Nolan County will be the single largest producer of wind energy in the USA. I guess it is a goog thing, it is helping the local economy and the TSTC campus is getting involved to train folks (like Reggie) to work on them.

pirate4state
06-07-2006, 01:38 PM
wait till i get some pics of me on the top of them posted on here!!!!:) :D Can't wait! ;)

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
TSTC campus is getting involved to train folks (like Reggie) to work on them.

i havnt got any training from them( but i know some ppl who are doing that)....all i did was jump in cold turkey right after I graduated highschool on the Trent Mesa site for a summer job and now i will be workin for the 3rd summer in a row (3rd site too, i move from site to site haha), not to mention this past Christmas break....the only days i had off for my 4 weeks away from college were Christmas day and New Years...every other day i was working, including sundays

Bullaholic
06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh Boy! "Reggie's Blog" on the Downlow. Tell us some Snyder stories, Reg.

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oh Boy! "Reggie's Blog" on the Downlow. Tell us some Snyder stories, Reg.

hahaha...i have plenty of those, but half of them could get me Rom'd for SURE! haha:cool:

DaHop72
06-07-2006, 01:45 PM

Chief...???

well, anyways back to original broadcasting! Has anybody else had experience with a stomach bug goign around?? i caught it the other night and it SUCKED. Man, I hate to agree with Reg:D :D, but I had the bug Monday and threw up until I had the dry heaves. My rib cage is still sore.

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Man, I hate to agree with Reg:D :D, but I had the bug Monday and threw up until I had the dry heaves. My rib cage is still sore.

yeah, my dad, oldest sis, and I all got it at the same time cuz when i came home from town (sunday night i think) m dad and i started throwing up at the EXACT same time (different restrooms of course:D )

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Here is the original site that Reggie worked at. There have been several more sites built sinse then.

http://www.trentmesa.com/

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
well..as much as i HATE double posting as SintonFan haha, i have to go for a little while, have to pick up 20 sacks of cattle feed, so i'll be on later!!!

have a good day, better yet make it a Ham day!

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Reggie

D.O. said to pick up 20 sacks for him and put it on your dads account!!!

mustang04
06-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Reggie

D.O. said to pick up 20 sacks for him and put it on your dads account!!!

hahaha, i dont know how well that will fly with Bone haha

SintonFan
06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
well..as much as i HATE posing as SintonFan haha, i have to go for a little while, have to pick up 20 sacks of cattle feed, so i'll be on later!!!

have a good day, better yet make it a Ham day!
I'm back!:D

SintonFan
06-07-2006, 02:25 PM

You paid $7 for that movie? I took three of us to see it for $4.50. Maybe that's the reason I didn't feel ripped off?
Yes, Silent Hill's story sucked, but the visuals were pretty neat. Those little demons with the red hot streaks were freaky.:eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.trentmesa.com/images/menontub2a.jpg

That looks a little scary.

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 02:32 PM
looks like money to me:D

when u gonna get me a job there reginald?

SintonFan
06-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

To make things worse. They polish those things with turtle wax so it becomes more efficient. Imagine how slippery it is up there.:eek:

DaHop72
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
To make things worse. They polish those things with turtle wax so it becomes more efficient. Imagine how slippery it is up there.:eek: Count me out. I don't do heights.:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
06-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I have heard of people putting those in their back yards....do they come in different sizes??

Say I wanted to purchase one, how would I go about it and what cost am I looking at?

Would it be enough for my house?? Would it be enough for the entire block?

Could I have one, charge my neighbors for their use and turn into my own Electric company??

DaHop72
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have heard of people putting those in their back yards....do they come in different sizes??

Say I wanted to purchase one, how would I go about it and what cost am I looking at?

Would it be enough for my house?? Would it be enough for the entire block?

Could I have one, charge my neighbors for their use and turn into my own Electric company?? I swear, just like a woman. Ask four questions before you get the answer to the first one.:D :D

And yes to answer #1 they do come in different sizes.

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 02:47 PM

And yes to answer #1 they do come in different sizes.

big, pretty dang big, and texas size

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Leave it to RangerMom to ask about "Size" !!!:D :D :D :D

pero chato
06-07-2006, 02:58 PM
I work with folks in the Sweetwater PD. They have gotten calls, no kidding, asking them to turn off those darn wind turbines because they're making the wind blow!

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 03:00 PM
doesnt suprize me.....people from sh20 are pretty dumb

DaHop72
06-07-2006, 03:07 PM
doesnt suprize me.....people from sh20 are pretty dumb It would appear to me that it might be the people that live in Sweetwater, not those from Sweetwater.:D :D

44INAROW
06-07-2006, 03:08 PM

I don't care HOW much it pays, Ain't NO WAY I'd be up there.. and for those that ARE up there.. they are earning every penny :p

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 03:26 PM
It would appear to me that it might be the people that live in Sweetwater, not those from Sweetwater.:D :D

precicely!!!

:D :D :D

spiveyrat
06-07-2006, 03:38 PM

Whoa! I wonder how much sustained wind it takes to get one of those spinning.(?)
:thinking:

pero chato
06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Whoa! I wonder how much sustained wind it takes to get one of those spinning.(?)
:thinking:

They rotate the blades to catch more wind; I've been told wind speed as low as 4 mph can turn the things. Maybe Reggie can enlighten us.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
They rotate the blades to catch more wind; I've been told wind speed as low as 4 mph can turn the things. Maybe Reggie can enlighten us.

According to their website, 8 mph will start generating electricity.

Bullaholic
06-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Believe me, Reggie has more than enough wind to keep em' turning. :D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Believe me, Reggie has more than enough wind to keep em' turning. :D

HA...HA...HA

first of all they DONT wax the blades or anything for that matter...the blades will be sitting down tower for months before they are even used, dont know where you heard that from but that is definitley incorrect haha you are the weakest link SintonFan...GOODBYE!

second ...the 1.5 megawatts cost 1.5 million dollars, the smaller ones are obviously cheaper, Rangermom, if you got a turbine, you can have your own electricity and sell the rest to your electric company, now i dont know all the issues about selling it to neighbors and all..thats the political part of the wind industry...im in the manual labor part haha

thirdly, it takes winds of about 4 meters/sec to get them turning, they will shut down at winds above 40-50 mph with generator overspeed...if the winds are over 15 met./sec we cant be up on a turbine

mustang04
06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by pero chato

that is correct...first we yaw into the direction of the wind, then we rotate the blades to the angle that best catches the wind the angles are from 0 degrees to 90 degrees, when they are at 90, they are turned to where they 'slice' so they wont spin

spiveyrat
06-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Is that a pitot tube I see between the blades on 1.5 MW in the picture?

If so, is that how the unit determines whether to shut itself down?

mustang04
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Is that a pitot tube I see between the blades on 1.5 MW in the picture?

If so, is that how the unit determines whether to shut itself down?

i dunno what ur talkin about...there is a wind-vane on the back of the nacelle (the big bus size box the ppl are sitting on in the pic) u can see it on that mount thats about 3 and a half feet tall..that determines wind speed and direction.....

haha...honestly i think that 'tube' ur talkin about is the rail that we latch our lanyards onto when we have to go out into the hub or 'nose-cone'

SintonFan
06-07-2006, 06:48 PM
HA...HA...HA

first of all they DONT wax the blades or anything for that matter...the blades will be sitting down tower for months before they are even used, dont know where you heard that from but that is definitley incorrect haha you are the weakest link SintonFan...GOODBYE!

second ...the 1.5 megawatts cost 1.5 million dollars, the smaller ones are obviously cheaper, Rangermom, if you got a turbine, you can have your own electricity and sell the rest to your electric company, now i dont know all the issues about selling it to neighbors and all..thats the political part of the wind industry...im in the manual labor part haha

thirdly, it takes winds of about 4 meters/sec to get them turning, they will shut down at winds above 40-50 mph with generator overspeed...if the winds are over 15 met./sec we cant be up on a turbine
Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. These companies are the largest buyers of turtle wax in the country.:p

mustang04
06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. These companies are the largest buyers of turtle wax in the country.:p
haha....its for the company trucks;)

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
speakin of turtle wax Reg, did you hear Gilmer is ranked preseason #1 in dcfm:D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
speakin of turtle wax Reg, did you hear Gilmer is ranked preseason #1 in dcfm:D

hell..they should be ranked #1 on every poll!

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 07:31 PM
hell..they should be ranked #1 on every poll! lmao, i just wanted to make sure you knew:D. we can go back to turtle wax now!!!!!!

DU_stud04
06-08-2006, 02:35 AM
i think reggie is hiding the truth behind the turtle wax......

untill next time......

Bandera YaYa
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Whew, just got back from signing on a new sponser, Turtle Wax, for our broadcast .....did I miss anything?? :D :D

SintonFan
06-08-2006, 12:37 PM
haha....its for the company trucks;)
lol:D

Gobbla2001
06-08-2006, 12:43 PM
It's hot as hell everywhere? Lucky folk, it IS hell here...