PDA

View Full Version : blinn or navarro?

IHS Fan
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
my son has great offers from blinn and navarro to play football. any opinions?

big daddy russ
06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I'd say he'd get a little more attention if he went to Blinn, but you can't go wrong either way if he's getting his education paid for.

BTW, who is your son?

IHS Fan
06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
#75 offensive line. Mosmeyer

AggieJohn
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
i say blinn too.....tell him too say that navarro is looking real hard and wanting to give him a full full ride to navarro, kind of play the field against blinn.....but definately blinn

big daddy russ
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Good ballplayer. That team's going to miss him.

IHS Fan
06-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i say blinn too.....tell him too say that navarro is looking real hard and wanting to give him a full full ride to navarro, kind of play the field against blinn.....but definately blinn

him and his mother went to navarro monday. they do want to give him almost a full ride. they also said that if blinn betters them to let them have a chance to match it.

AggieJohn
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
wow.....navarro tries really hard but they don't have the exposure that the other schools have

lostaussie
06-06-2006, 07:50 PM
living in the piney woods among several juco powerhouses, tjc and kilgore, i would also have to say blinn. alot more recognized for there program. in the end it comes down to where your son feels most comfortable. good luck on his future endeavors.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Blinn gets my vote, good school, great atheletic program, excelent band, and a good friend of mine is the AD.

Old Tiger
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Blinn

Matthew328
06-06-2006, 11:10 PM
I personally say Navarro....pretty big campus for a JUCO.....gonna have a brand new stadium to play in this season also...

BUT

what about Trinity Valley??? NOW THATS A JUCO!!!

AggieJohn
06-07-2006, 08:26 AM
yeah but not a school, he wants to have the abliity to play div 1 ball

IHS Fan
06-07-2006, 09:14 AM
when he was in school, the coach at navarro transfered in from kilgore to navarro then got picked up by UT. from there he went on to play for the broncos. i don't remember his name off hand.

Johnny Utah
06-07-2006, 12:33 PM
If you are good enough to play D1, does not matter the Juco your son goes to. He will get noticed if he plays and is good enough.

Old Tiger
06-07-2006, 12:47 PM
See which one offers more transferrable(spelling?) credits

KTJ
06-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah but not a school, he wants to have the abliity to play div 1 ball

And you can't have that same opportunity at Navarro?

3afan
06-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
And you can't have that same opportunity at Navarro?

of course you have the same opportunities ..... if you notice most of the "Blinn is better than Navarro" is regionally biased - like usual!

IMO

big daddy russ
06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
of course you have the same opportunities ..... if you notice most of the "Blinn is better than Navarro" is regionally biased - like usual!

IMO
Actually, I was saying it:
a) because Blinn has more tradition than Navarro and is a perennial top-20 team, and...
b) because of the Blinn HC's Division I ties.

IHS Fan
06-07-2006, 07:36 PM
it was the meeting with the HC of blinn that made his mind up to go to navarro. my son, my wife and my mother-in-law all said the same thing. he's a short little a$$hole with a napolean complex. the coach that recruited him resigned 2 days ago and the HC had no idea who he was. he told him that if he (the hc) didn't like him he wouldn't even suit up for the practice squad. the coach at navarro (woodard) spent 5 hours with the family and showed them everything. he was told that if he needed tutoring he could get it at anytime. the coach stressed that as a student-athlete student came first. and it didn't hurt that the tutors are the girls soccer team. finally, the athletic facilities at navarro are far above blinn. he said the stadium at blinn looked like a practice field for a 2A school.

olddawggreen
06-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Blinn

KTJ
06-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
it was the meeting with the HC of blinn that made his mind up to go to navarro. my son, my wife and my mother-in-law all said the same thing. he's a short little a$$hole with a napolean complex. the coach that recruited him resigned 2 days ago and the HC had no idea who he was. he told him that if he (the hc) didn't like him he wouldn't even suit up for the practice squad. the coach at navarro (woodard) spent 5 hours with the family and showed them everything. he was told that if he needed tutoring he could get it at anytime. the coach stressed that as a student-athlete student came first. and it didn't hurt that the tutors are the girls soccer team. finally, the athletic facilities at navarro are far above blinn. he said the stadium at blinn looked like a practice field for a 2A school.

Well that says a lot.

Good luck to your son!