PDA

View Full Version : Felony for stealing a Steak off a neighbors grill?

kaorder1999
06-06-2006, 09:49 AM
From the Smoking Gun...that is funny~!

Meet Lindsey Blackledge. The 19-year-old California gal was arrested in July 2002 for possession of a stolen, 14-ounce tri-tip steak. According to the Calaveras County sheriff, the beef was swiped from the outdoor grill of Katherine King, a 38-year-old San Andreas woman who called cops after discovering her meat was missing. When police arrived at the crime scene, they discovered a trail of "meat juice" leading from King's grill to an upstairs apartment. Inside the apartment, investigators followed the meat drippings to a bathroom, where they found the purloined sirloin hidden in a cabinet below the sink. Blackledge--who was found in the apartment--was charged with a felony.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/packageart/mugshots/lindseyblackledge.jpg

Phil C
06-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Sounds like with the right lawyer she could have got off. Illegal search without a warrant or something.

44INAROW
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM
911 Dispatcher, "911, What is the nature of your emergency?"

Katharine King, "My meat is missing, my meat is missing"

LOL....... wonder why it was a felony charge? -

neck_06
06-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

possesion over an ounce? ;)

44INAROW
06-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
possesion over an ounce? ;)

yea, I guess you're right, 14 oz is more than personal use :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-06-2006, 10:28 AM
i know that in texas you can steal from a store and get a fine, but if you steal a lipstick from a car after you break into it, its a felony because you broke into the car.

neck_06
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM
yea, I guess you're right, 14 oz is more than personal use :D

exactly........case closed!

CHS_CG
06-06-2006, 10:35 AM
TO FREAKIN FUNNY

Adidas410s
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
911 Dispatcher, "911, What is the nature of your emergency?"

Katharine King, "My meat is missing, my meat is missing"

you and your thoughts! That or they could say...somebody jacked my tenderloin! ;)

Buccaneer
06-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i know that in texas you can steal from a store and get a fine, but if you steal a lipstick from a car after you break into it, its a felony because you broke into the car.
Player, use your HEB discount and buy your lipstick like the rest of us!

Adidas410s
06-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Player, use your HEB discount and buy your lipstick like the rest of us!

He does wear a lot of lipstick!

pirate4state
06-06-2006, 11:05 AM
This story is :crazy: :thumbsup: You stole my meat b****! :mad:

:eek: :eek:
they discovered a trail of "meat juice" :evillaugh :evillaugh

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :D

SPF25
06-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

look at her she could use some steak. :D

pirate4state
06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by SPF25
look at her she could use some steak. :D :clap: LOL! Maybe she is a vegetarian and was "saving" the meat!! :p

neck_06
06-06-2006, 11:12 AM

looks like she stole that shirt from her little sister too....

eagles_victory
06-06-2006, 11:28 AM
From the Smoking Gun...that is funny~!

Meet Lindsey Blackledge. The 19-year-old California gal was arrested in July 2002 for possession of a stolen, 14-ounce tri-tip steak. According to the Calaveras County sheriff, the beef was swiped from the outdoor grill of Katherine King, a 38-year-old San Andreas woman who called cops after discovering her meat was missing. When police arrived at the crime scene, they discovered a trail of "meat juice" leading from King's grill to an upstairs apartment. Inside the apartment, investigators followed the meat drippings to a bathroom, where they found the purloined sirloin hidden in a cabinet below the sink. Blackledge--who was found in the apartment--was charged with a felony.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/packageart/mugshots/lindseyblackledge.jpg Maybe she should of stole some sun for that white skin

STANG RED
06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
More years ago than I care to remember, I was meeting my best buddy at a beer bash, at a large apartment complex in Lubbock. I got there a little before he did, and went ahead and weaved my way through the complex till I found the clubhouse, where the party was going on. While walking through, I noticed a nice young couple setting out on their patio, having a beer and cooking something on their grill, but didnt pay much attention to it.
After being at the party for only a few minutes, my buddy shows up, comes up to me askes if I am hungry, at which point he presents me with perfectly smoked turkey leg, still sizzling. I said thanks and proceeded to devour it. It was especially good, since I hadnt eaten all day, so I was very appreciative. It wasnt till many hours later, while treating my good friend to a 2 am breakfast at some nearby all night diner, in appreciation for the fine meal he had treated me to earlier, that I found out, he too had walked by that same young nice couples apartment, and had swiped two turkey legs off their grill and brought one to me.
Now I find out, had that fellow called the cops, and they had come and caught me eating a turkey leg at the party, I could have been arrested and charged with a FELONY!!!
Gee thanks Derrick! What are best buddys for?

DaHop72
06-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
More years ago than I care to remember, I was meeting my best buddy at a beer bash, at a large apartment complex in Lubbock. I got there a little before he did, and went ahead and weaved my way through the complex till I found the clubhouse, where the party was going on. While walking through, I noticed a nice young couple setting out on their patio, having a beer and cooking something on their grill, but didnt pay much attention to it.
After being at the party for only a few minutes, my buddy shows up, comes up to me askes if I am hungry, at which point he presents me with perfectly smoked turkey leg, still sizzling. I said thanks and proceeded to devour it. It was especially good, since I hadnt eaten all day, so I was very appreciative. It wasnt till many hours later, while treating my good friend to a 2 am breakfast at some nearby all night diner, in appreciation for the fine meal he had treated me to earlier, that I found out, he too had walked by that same young nice couples apartment, and had swiped two turkey legs off their grill and brought one to me.
Now I find out, had that fellow called the cops, and they had come and caught me eating a turkey leg at the party, I could have been arrested and charged with a FELONY!!!
Gee thanks Derrick! What are best buddys for?
I wonder if I can get Officer Smith on this???