PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Top 25 3a Poll?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Who will be in the top 25, to start the year? How many Districts will have 2 or more in the top 25? Give us your oppinion.

My guess for two spots out of the same District would Be Giddings and Bellville.

Chris Hart
06-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I would think one district will make a real push at having four in the top 25.

Liberty Hill
Cameron
Taylor
Hutto

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Cuero/Gilmer are 1 and 1a...

big daddy russ
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
That WO-S district is pretty salty.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That WO-S district is pretty salty.

any word on a new coach/starting qb?

sicem74
06-05-2006, 11:11 PM
25. Jasper
24. Canton
23. West Columbia
22. Dallas Madison
21. Snyder
20. Devine
19. Lubbock Cooper
18. Hondo
17. Bellville
16. Sinton
15. Celina
14. Hutto
13. Gainesville
12. Liberty Eylau
11. Cameron Yoe
10. Iowa Park
9. Abilene Wylie
8. Cuero
7. Liberty Hill
6. Monahans
5. West Orange Stark
4. Giddings
3. Sweetwater
2. Gilmer
1. Wimberley

On Texashsfootball.com site

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
25. Jasper
24. Canton
23. West Columbia
22. Dallas Madison
21. Snyder
20. Devine
19. Lubbock Cooper
18. Hondo
17. Bellville
16. Sinton
15. Celina
14. Hutto
13. Gainesville
12. Liberty Eylau
11. Cameron Yoe
10. Iowa Park
9. Abilene Wylie
8. Cuero
7. Liberty Hill
6. Monahans
5. West Orange Stark
4. Giddings
3. Sweetwater
2. Gilmer
1. Wimberley

On Texashsfootball.com site

that is NOT this years preseason top 25

big daddy russ
06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
any word on a new coach/starting qb?
Not yet. Coffield played QB for a few games last year as a soph, but he's more of a running threat. It would be nice to get the ball in his hands every play, but I get the feeling he might stick to RB.

His mom is on the board. I'll ask her if she knows anything.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Not yet. Coffield played QB for a few games last year as a soph, but he's more of a running threat. It would be nice to get the ball in his hands every play, but I get the feeling he might stick to RB.

His mom is on the board. I'll ask her if she knows anything.

run the veer/option :)

big daddy russ
06-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
run the veer/option :)
There's an idea.

I shot her a PM. If we have another kid somewhere in our stable with a decent arm and Josh sticks at RB, we should be a top-25 team. Both Ingleside and Sinton could make the poll somewhere during the season.

Oh, and best teams going into next year:
Cuero
Gilmer
Bellville

There's the cream of the crop. Others (Liberty-Eylau, Giddings, Dallas Madison, Cameron, Wimberley, etc) will be hanging around, but those three look to be the best on paper.

IHS Fan
06-05-2006, 11:29 PM
josh coffield is going to throwing camp this summer along with another kid. he has a good arm, just need more refinement. unless somebody comes in in the off season he will probably be the qb.

big daddy russ
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
josh coffield is going to throwing camp this summer along with another kid. he has a good arm, just need more refinement. unless somebody comes in in the off season he will probably be the qb.
Sounds good to me.

PS: Love the sig.

IHS Fan
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
this should be an interesting post season. we'll get to play teams we never played before.

gold_33
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM

There's the cream of the crop. Others (Liberty-Eylau, Giddings, Dallas Madison, Cameron, Wimberley, etc) will be hanging around, but those three look to be the best on paper.

Wimberley plays both Giddings and Liberty-Eylau this year in predistrict so it outta be an intresting season.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
this should be an interesting post season. we'll get to play teams we never played before.

Have fun in D1

formermbcouns
06-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Where's Marlin? j/k

gobblerfan02
06-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
Where's Marlin? j/k IN TEXAS...LOL!!!!!!

I'm wondering who will make the top 25, and yes, I do agree with a comment earlier about the four teams from one district making the poll...that would be interesting!

STANG RED
06-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Sweetwater, & Abilene Wylie will both be there from district 7.
Breckinridge??? I dont know. Possible / maybe.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-06-2006, 11:52 AM

Oh, and best teams going into next year:
Cuero
Gilmer
Bellville

You give the top 3 spots to Cuero, Gilmer and Bellville, in that order?

big daddy russ
06-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You give the top 3 spots to Cuero, Gilmer and Bellville, in that order?
Not necessarily in that order, but Bellville would be third out of those, IMO. Gilmer would probably be number 1. Cuero would probably be number 1b.

gtownpoke
06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Cuero at 1. Gilmer shouldnt be ranked. I dont know why everyone has these high expectations ;)

scotty
06-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I just believe that Giddings is in a position to win it all. I don't know how many they may have lost from last season but the big fullback and the quarterback are back and that is a great place to start. And they were in a great district last season.

District303aPastPlayer
06-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I just believe that Giddings is in a position to win it all. I don't know how many they may have lost from last season but the big fullback and the quarterback are back and that is a great place to start. And they were in a great district last season.

right now, Progresso is in a great position to win it all... but seriously, how is giddings looking

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by scotty

I also think Giddings would be a top team, higher in the polls than Bellville, I love the Brahmas but Giddings was very good last year, and I think they only lost some linemen? Maybe some Giddings posters can fill us in on what is comming back for the Buffs? Bellville also will have almost eveyone back, only 4 or 5 starters gone. Bellville will have there work cut out for them with Giddings in the same district, can the Brahmas make it 6 in a row?
Both teams sould make a run in the play-offs.

hutex04
06-07-2006, 07:22 AM
^^^ I think everyone is in good position right now. Since we are all undefeated right now. Even Smithville ;)

mustang04
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
Gilmer shouldnt be ranked. I dont know why everyone has these high expectations ;)

cuz yall are so good at recruiting!!!! too bad yall arent a college program, yall would actually get more props for it!!!;) :D

buckeye
06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
cuz yall are so good at recruiting!!!! too bad yall arent a college program, yall would actually get more props for it!!!;) :D mustang you don't know what you are talking about!!!

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by buckeye
mustang you don't know what you are talking about!!! easy there rookie!!!!!!!!!!!i think he's just messin with us. btw welcome aboard. i need all the help i can get with these guys and gals. enjoy:D

44INAROW
06-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
easy there rookie!!!!!!!!!!!i think he's just messin with us. btw welcome aboard. i need all the help i can get with these guys and gals. enjoy:D

I have to give Kudos to LostAussie for being so calm, cool and collected :clap: :clap: You've kept your cool much better and for a heck of a lot longer than I EVER could.... I just wanted to say that :)

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
we take pride in our ability to recruit. coach traylor and mack brown are in fact the same person actually...

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
we take pride in our ability to recruit. coach traylor and mack brown are in fact the same person actually...

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! how much would it cost for him to come to sweetwater haha

and YES i was KIDDING with my previous statement...glad that lostaussie caught it before i had everyone in Gilmer riding me...hmm that sounds kinda fun actually...:thinking:

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
in all honesty that would be a fun game to watch if gilmer went out to sweetwater. long trip.. but good game

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:33 PM
in all honesty that would be a fun game to watch if gilmer went out to sweetwater. long trip.. but good game

well....maybe not this year just cuz i dont know how good they'll be this year...last year maybe?? the year before when johnson was yalls QB yall were awesome! but yeah i'd def. pay to see it

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
is there any chance of yall going big school this year?

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
well....maybe not this year just cuz i dont know how good they'll be this year...last year maybe?? the year before when johnson was yalls QB yall were awesome! but yeah i'd def. pay to see it most of our stud kids won't be seniors until 2007:D

lostaussie
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have to give Kudos to LostAussie for being so calm, cool and collected :clap: :clap: You've kept your cool much better and for a heck of a lot longer than I EVER could.... I just wanted to say that :) the voice of reason...............always the voice of reason:D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
is there any chance of yall going big school this year?

haha...ummmm, i really dont know the sizes of the other schools in our district, but i would have to highly doubt sweetwater going big school with wylie in our district...i'll try to find out the school sizes from biggest to smallest....

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
most of our stud kids won't be seniors until 2007:D

yeah...like ive said for the past several months, im really eager to see what yalls RB does his Jr. and Sr. seasons, i pray that he stays healthy and performes well in D1 college to once again prove why Texas leads the nation in football!

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 01:40 PM
lol ya this year we only have a coverboy on the dave campbells magazine, the number 36 ranked player in the country, and a handfull of kids that will go D-1 as well. NEXT year will be unreal. David Snow and Justin Johnson will both be in the top 100 nationally and there will be some studs that step up this year to make a name for themselves.
Plus you know coach Traylor recruits so well we will stock up on some more talent :D

mustang04
06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
lol ya this year we only have a coverboy on the dave campbells magazine, the number 36 ranked player in the country, and a handfull of kids that will go D-1 as well. NEXT year will be unreal. David Snow and Justin Johnson will both be in the top 100 nationally and there will be some studs that step up this year to make a name for themselves.
Plus you know coach Traylor recruits so well we will stock up on some more talent :D

haha...Coach Traylor's recruiting skills with Coach Sandifer's (abilene wylie) coaching ability....one hell of a staff!!!!:D :D

gtownpoke
06-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Theres someone on smoaky.com that said they got their Dave Campbells magazine today. Anyone on here pre-order theirs?

Chris Hart
06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I didn't pre-order, but I saw where they said some DCTF mags will hit the stands in various places as soon as the 13th.:clap: