PDA

View Full Version : Amber Alert in Texas

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Search on for ailing baby abducted in Texas

(CNN) -- Lubbock, Texas, police searched Monday for an ailing 5-day-old girl who authorities said was snatched from her mother Sunday by a woman posing as a hospital worker.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/US/06/05/missing.baby/story.baby.ap.jpg
The baby, Priscilla Nicole Maldonado, was diagnosed with jaundice soon after her birth Wednesday. A woman wearing hospital scrubs stopped to check on her several times in the hospital, said Lt. Roy Bassett, a Lubbock Police Department spokesman.

The girl and her mother, Erica Ysasaga, were discharged Friday. On Sunday, the woman, who identified herself as Lisa Stewart, turned up at Ysasaga's house offering to check on the girl.

Ysasaga told investigators she went for a walk with the woman, who supposedly wanted to show the infant to nearby relatives. The mother said the woman then took off with her baby while she was distracted by another child.

"I hope she has a heart. I hope she brings back my baby. She's sick," Ysasaga told CNN affiliate KJTV in Lubbock. "I want nothing to happen to my baby."

Bassett said investigators have no indication the woman worked at the hospital and that she "apparently just donned scrubs to make it appear she was an employee."

"It appears that she established something of a relationship -- went in at the hospital, presented herself as a nurse, checked on the status of the baby and that kind of stuff," he said.

Bassett said he had "no clue" as to a motive.

Greg Bruce, a spokesman for University Medical Center in Lubbock, said the child needs follow-up care after lab tests indicated "some abnormalities."

"If someone does have the child, I do hope that they take them back to the emergency room or contact the police department for assistance in getting that child the medical attention [she needs] to be healthy," he said.

Police said the suspect had blond hair and was between 5 feet 3 inches and 5 feet 6 inches and 130 to 150 pounds. Lisa Stewart, the name she used, is most likely an alias, Bassett said.

Ysasaga reported seeing a white van and possibly a red Grand Am sedan leaving the area after her baby's disappearance, but investigators did not know whether those vehicles were involved, Bassett said.

Adidas410s
06-05-2006, 11:36 AM
wow...that's crazy!

Bandera YaYa
06-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Too bad the mom felt like she could trust this "stranger"......a little comman sense would have come in handy here.....like asking to see some ID..... Hope they find the little girl.

Ranger Mom
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
AWESOME!!! The baby was found alive!!

Mustangpride09
06-06-2006, 05:42 AM
where was it found?

Ranger Mom
06-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
where was it found?

An anonymous tip was called in....the baby was actually found abandoned under a carport at a trailer park, I believe. They now have 4 people in custody.