PDA

View Full Version : the omen

DU_stud04
06-05-2006, 07:01 AM
anyone going to go see it tonight(midnight)/ or tomarrow????

what are yalls views on the movie?

AggieJohn
06-05-2006, 07:02 AM
stupid.stupid.stupid.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 09:26 AM
if someone comes and says "hey, your kid is the son of the devil..." i might listen. . .

big daddy russ
06-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if someone comes and says "hey, your kid is the son of the devil..." i might listen. . .
If someone came and said "hey, your kid is the son of the devil..." I might believe them.

Maroon87
06-05-2006, 09:30 AM
The original was on Fox Movie Channel Friday night. As far as the new one, it looks kinda spooky, too. Oh...and Julia Stiles is pretty hot. That always helps....:inlove:

MHSvarsity2007
06-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If someone came and said "hey, your kid is the son of the devil..." I might believe them.

true that.

neck_06
06-05-2006, 11:39 AM
i'm a wuss, i won't come within 100 feet of that theatre while that movie is playing.

the previews gave me nightmares. ;)

Bulldog_12
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i'm a wuss, i won't come within 100 feet of that theatre while that movie is playing.

Man, I am with you on that. You just dont mess with this kind of stuff. The devial and demons and stuff scare the crap out of me. lol

piratebg
06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I really wish I could go see it, but I think I'll save my money for Cars first.

pirate44
06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
dont watch stuff like that.

Bandera YaYa
06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
I wanna see it....I love those scary movies....my girls watched The Excorist (sp)a while back and had nightmares.....obviously, they didn't inherit my passion for those kind of movies! What if you had a child born tomorrow??? :D :eek: :eek: :eek: And you named him Damian??? :eek: :eek:

Gobbla2001
06-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Not 'too' into spooky movies... prolly won't see it...

AggieJohn
06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
aaron= the devil....makes sense...

sinton football = the devil...makes even more sense

DU_stud04
06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
haha, i already got tickets for tonights screening....im planning on getting there about 2 hours early. just wondering if it will be as scary as the previews tried to make it, might help me later on:D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
aaron= the devil....makes sense...

sinton football = the devil...makes even more sense

how am i the devil?

SPF25
06-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I wanna see it....I love those scary movies....my girls watched The Excorist (sp)a while back and had nightmares.....obviously, they didn't inherit my passion for those kind of movies! What if you had a child born tomorrow??? :D :eek: :eek: :eek: And you named him Damian??? :eek: :eek:

i was watching some show that said that mothers are opting for scheduled c sections because their babies were due on 6-6-06.

In that same show they said that some women have decided to EBRACE the movie and date and name their child Damian.:rolleyes:

MHSvarsity2007
06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
all of my friends and me are going to go see it tomorrow night. :)

Sweetwater96
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I want to go see it, but I have to be at work at 7am. So it'll have to wait. I hope it scares me. There aren't many good scary movies anymore...

mustang04
06-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater96
I want to go see it, but I have to be at work at 7am. So it'll have to wait. I hope it scares me. There aren't many good scary movies anymore...

amen...im tired of 'horror' movies that arent worth a dern....i want something that will seriosuly make me scared when i go to bed that night.....

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
amen...im tired of 'horror' movies that arent worth a dern....i want something that will seriosuly make me scared when i go to bed that night.....

first time i saw Stir of Echos... dude, the fingernails still creep me out

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Wife and I are seeing it tomorrow..we LOVE horror movies, we have about 500 horror movies in our DVD collection.. We have everything from main stream, to 70's indie horror movies.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wife and I are seeing it tomorrow..we LOVE horror movies, we have about 500 horror movies in our DVD collection.. We have everything from main stream, to 70's indie horror movies.

two questions...

got a dvd burner?

and if yes to the 1st one... how much would it take for you to send me like indie old school ones that would make grown men cry

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
two questions...

got a dvd burner?

and if yes to the 1st one... how much would it take for you to send me like indie old school ones that would make grown men cry

n no DVD burner..We buy mostly from Movie Gallery, used DVD's you can get buy 2 get one free, and sometimes buy 2 get 2 free...We have gotten 8 DVD at one time for price of 30.00..plus they are covered for life no problem if they mess up....For the indie ones, we get them from a couple of websites.

Let me look thru my collection, and I will come up with something that will make grown men cry, and little kids wet themselves.

DU_stud04
06-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater96

i remember when scream first came out....you memorized the movie...then watched it with us.....scaring all of us. good old days.:)

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
amen...im tired of 'horror' movies that arent worth a dern....i want something that will seriosuly make me scared when i go to bed that night..... no you dont. take my word for it. no you dont.

Ranger Mom
06-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I wanna see it, I'm with all the other posters that they just don't make good scary movies anymore.

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, movies like that didn't scare me. The ones that have demons, Exorcist, The Omen...those are the ones that got to me!

The Grudge scared me though...I think because there were so many scenes that just startled me more than it was scary!

SintonFan
06-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wanna see it, I'm with all the other posters that they just don't make good scary movies anymore.

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, movies like that didn't scare me. The ones that have demons, Exorcist, The Omen...those are the ones that got to me!

The Grudge scared me though...I think because there were so many scenes that just startled me more than it was scary!
We saw Silent Hill this weekend. Visually it was awesome. Story wise it was stupid. If demons scare you, this movie might do the trick.

Ranger Mom
06-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
We saw Silent Hill this weekend. Visually it was awesome. Story wise it was stupid. If demons scare you, this movie might do the trick.

Demons and scary little kids...those both freak me out!

Pet Semetary is STILL the scariest book I have EVER read. The movie was okay, the little boy that played Gage did an excellent job.

I heard that movie was going to be remade also.

SintonFan
06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Demons and scary little kids...those both freak me out!

Pet Semetary is STILL the scariest book I have EVER read. The movie was okay, the little boy that played Gage did an excellent job.

I heard that movie was going to be remade also.
Yes, Pet Cemetary was good. I read that when I was around 14. Needless to say, I had nightmares from that book.
If you liked that then try Swan Song by Dean R. Koontz. It was about the post-apocolyse and the devil. Almost as good Pet Cemetary.
And Silent Hill has both demons and scary little kids. Seeing it at the dollar cinema for $4.50 for three of us(about the cost of renting it) lead me to at least feel we didn't get ripped off after watching the movie.

Ranger Mom
06-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yes, Pet Cemetary was good. I read that when I was around 14. Needless to say, I had nightmares from that book.
If you liked that then try Swan Song by Dean R. Koontz. It was about the post-apocolyse and the devil. Almost as good Pet Cemetary.
And Silent Hill has both demons and scary little kids. Seeing it at the dollar cinema for $4.50 for three of us(about the cost of renting it) lead me to at least feel we didn't get ripped off after watching the movie.

COOL!! If it's already in the Dollar theater...isnt' usually on DVD too?

SintonFan
06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
COOL!! If it's already in the Dollar theater...isnt' usually on DVD too?
Not this time. It just tanked that bad at the box office. I have no idea when it'll be released.

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 01:01 PM
so.......ive seen "the omen"

anyone else dissapointed?

MHSvarsity2007
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
so.......ive seen "the omen"

anyone else dissapointed?

saw it last night...we got there at 9 so we could get into the 940 show...well it was sold out until midnight so we went to the midnight show and there were still a grip load of people there. but yea i thought it was decent except for the fact that it was incredibly long. although i liked it, it didn't live up to the hype everybody put on it.

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
long? i guess so. it felt like i had seen it before, or maybe it was just EVERYTHIG was so predictable

MHSvarsity2007
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
long? i guess so. it felt like i had seen it before, or maybe it was just EVERYTHIG was so predictable

maybe i just thought it was long because it was oh yea midnight and im was yawning the whole time. idk. everything did seem kinda predictable now that i think about it.

SintonFan
06-07-2006, 02:03 PM
The script was supposed to be the same exact script as the first one, word for word.:thinking:

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
havent seen the first one.....::starts downloading::

SintonFan
06-07-2006, 02:26 PM
havent seen the first one.....::starts downloading::
To your Ipod or what. From what I've heard the second one is better than the first.:confused:

DU_stud04
06-07-2006, 02:28 PM
just too see it, download it to my computer....i always like to see both versions of any movie