PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer WR Jamell Kennedy

Matthew328
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I just got done interviewing him...if anyone thinks there will be chemistry issues at Gilmer I dont see it....

Jamell was a great interview and he seemed excited about the chance to play WR, this is a quote, "Me and G.J. have already developed a good chemistry and me having played QB helps me even more because I already know what G.J. wants. It helps the team in the short term and it helps me in the long term because I was getting recruited to play WR anyway so now I'll have a year's worth of experience."

I dont think Jamell is too worried about the move to WR in fact it looks like he embraces it...he seemed like a great kid, very well spoken and very focused..guess thats bad news for everyone else....LOL

District303aPastPlayer
06-04-2006, 07:47 PM
still totally against his approval to play varsity sports when its very clear he moved for athletic reasons. . .

Matthew328
06-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I've given up on that issue....for me its a done deal... no use in discussing it now....I think now the discussion should be on can Gilmer overcome the "chemistry" issues and win it all...

I guess it just doesn't make sense to beat the dead horse...

hawkfan
06-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
still totally against his approval to play varsity sports when its very clear he moved for athletic reasons. . .

From what I heard if they can prove that he was in danger at that school all that red tape that comes with transfering is eliminated. I guess since his dad was almost killed there you could theoretically argue that.

Phil C
06-05-2006, 09:19 AM
One of the main concerns is the issue of "Ye ole double standard."

lostaussie
06-05-2006, 10:24 AM
this thread is not even about G.J. it's about jamell kennedy. get over it folks. it is what it is. i agree with matt. jamell has his head and heart in the right place and he will benefit from this move. the guy is unbelievable in the open field. i would also look for some offensive wrinkles with jamell. he is so versatile.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
this thread is not even about G.J. it's about jamell kennedy. get over it folks. it is what it is. i agree with matt. jamell has his head and heart in the right place and he will benefit from this move. the guy is unbelievable in the open field. i would also look for some offensive wrinkles with jamell. he is so versatile.

line him up like randle el or hines ward and just let em have fun... gotta love those versatille players. . .

lostaussie
06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
that is probably exactly what is gonna happen:D

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that is probably exactly what is gonna happen:D

note to gilmer opponents... watch tape of the steelers :)

Aesculus gilmus
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I've given up on that issue....for me its a done deal... no use in discussing it now....I think now the discussion should be on can Gilmer overcome the "chemistry" issues and win it all...

I guess it just doesn't make sense to beat the dead horse...

What more do people want? The UIL has already had a hearing on this and ruled in favor of eligibility.

gtownpoke
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
When I played at Gilmer Jamell was a fieldhouse rat. I guess that was when he was in the junior high but he was always up at the fieldhouse doing somethin. He's a good guy and he will start getting some big time offers after the college coaches see what he can do at receiver this season.

injuredinmelee
06-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
From what I heard if they can prove that he was in danger at that school all that red tape that comes with transfering is eliminated. I guess since his dad was almost killed there you could theoretically argue that.

You could but he spent the season there last year under that same suspense... didnt bother him last year...

hawkfan
06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
You could but he spent the season there last year under that same suspense... didnt bother him last year...

Yeah but that was with his dad there. His dad was not changing offenses anytime soon. But this new coach will.

gtownpoke
06-05-2006, 06:55 PM
actually it did bother him. the kid whos dad shot coach kinne was really bad about threatening GJ throughout the year. When the UIL hearing was held records were brought forward showing the different incidents and how Canton did nothing to assure the safety of GJ. seriously if yall are going to bash the kid and the situation know what you're talking about. there really was a safety issue and since canton did nothing to try and solve it GJ's mom pulled him out.
BUT like posted earlier this thread is about Jamell so instead of turning this post negative about GJ can we please give Jamell some praise for being mature about the situation?