PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Bandera

Matthew328
06-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Bandera once again qualifies for the state tournament along with Hays Consolidated out of the Victoria SQT...2 3A teams are now in the tournament!

schu1213
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Did Bandera just recetnly switch to a spread offense or I am wrong?

Chris Hart
06-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure of their current offensive philosophy, but I believe they have a really talented QB that can throw the ball very well. I believe he is also the brother of the star RB of their 02 championship team. I think his name is Heap. His brother was a hoss, very hard runner and tough to bring down. The kid was virtually unstoppable during Bandera's championship run. Bandera YaYa can tell you more, I'm sure. Congrats to Bandera!:clap:

BU97
06-03-2006, 06:35 PM
The crazy thing is that Bandera actually finished in a 3 way tie in their pool. Palacios was a no show and all three teams went 1-1 (Bandera, Kennedy, Beeville)

BTW I was dissappointed to learn that Beeville's mascot is not the Bees.:D

piratebg
06-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BU97
The crazy thing is that Bandera actually finished in a 3 way tie in their pool. Palacios was a no show and all three teams went 1-1 (Bandera, Kennedy, Beeville)

BTW I was dissappointed to learn that Beeville's mascot is not the Bees.:D

They thought the Bee mascot was a little too aggressive, so they went with what they thought was the safest choice in order to protect their reputation......the Trojan. :D

They do have a pretty good QB in Soza and are a team that has bounced back in recent years.

District303aPastPlayer
06-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
They thought the Bee mascot was a little too aggressive, so they went with what they thought was the safest choice in order to protect their reputation......the Trojan. :D

They do have a pretty good QB in Soza and are a team that has bounced back in recent years.

whats his name... the small one?

Bandera YaYa
06-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I'm not sure of their current offensive philosophy, but I believe they have a really talented QB that can throw the ball very well. I believe he is also the brother of the star RB of their 02 championship team. I think his name is Heap. His brother was a hoss, very hard runner and tough to bring down. The kid was virtually unstoppable during Bandera's championship run. Bandera YaYa can tell you more, I'm sure. Congrats to Bandera!:clap: Well, you kinda got it mixed up.......The QB is the first cousin of the QB that won State. Their last name is Hicks. Yes, you got it right about not being able to stop "the Hoss" (our State RB).....he was instrumental in our winning it all. Anyways, thanks for the congrats and way to go Bulldogs!! Make us proud!! Congrats to all the winners! :clap: :clap: :)

Centextrash
06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Did Bandera just recetnly switch to a spread offense or I am wrong?

They have been running the spread...or at least trying to...

Congrats to bandera

Chris Hart
06-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Well, you kinda got it mixed up.......The QB is the first cousin of the QB that won State. Their last name is Hicks. Yes, you got it right about not being able to stop "the Hoss" (our State RB).....he was instrumental in our winning it all. Anyways, thanks for the congrats and way to go Bulldogs!! Make us proud!! Congrats to all the winners! :clap: :clap: :) My bad, I knew it was something like that. :o

bd62
06-06-2006, 02:53 PM
according to victoria paper bandera went undefeated in there pool. they beat victoria memorial 21-13 in one of there games.

Adidas410s
06-06-2006, 03:37 PM
wasn't Cuero in this tourney? Do they not do very well in 7 on 7?

44INAROW
06-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
wasn't Cuero in this tourney? Do they not do very well in 7 on 7?

Cuero did play. We just ran out of steam in game 3 - only had 11 boys playing. We beat Greg Portland by 40 and Rosenberg Lamar by 2. We played San Benito in game 3 and were ahead at half and literally lost on a last second TD. 20-14 I think was the score. Wish we could have played GP in game 3 :p I don't remember who Bandera played, but I think they only had to play 2 games in their pool. Good Luck to Bandera at the State Tourney. Show those 4A and 5A boys how it's done :D