PDA

View Full Version : McCoy withdraws name from consideration of SA Central job

VWG
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Brad McCoy is staying in Graham, after he withdrew his name from consideration of SA Central job.
The 4 other candidates remain, and San Angelo ISD board meeting met today after McCoy announced his decision not to remain a candidate.
Info. from www.sanangelostandardtimes.com

Cameron Crazy
06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Weird!!

Cameron Crazy
06-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I think he would do better there

BreckTxLonghorn
06-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Wow....yall dont even want your current coach there?

Cameron Crazy
06-02-2006, 07:24 PM
You wouldnt understand!

hawkfan
06-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
You wouldnt understand!

Why don't you explain it?

KTJ
06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
He'll be in even more tears when his son isn't the starting QB at UT after the SHSU game.

Cameron Crazy
06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
He'll be in even more tears when his son isn't the starting QB at UT after the SHSU game.
Exactly!!

da_cheese
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow, things seem to have changed for he guy!

Steer Fever
06-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Cameron Crazy why you dogging Mccoy he is a legit coach he knows what he is talking about. Yes he has a couple of flaws but all coaches do. I dont want to name them but i think some of yall already know what it is. Anywaay CC just keep quiet on this subject b/c if you are going to play football you will be playing for this guy. As for UT man this year is going to be great. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oklahoma will start another winning streak that will last more than 6 yrs.

KTJ
06-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
Cameron Crazy why you dogging Mccoy he is a legit coach he knows what he is talking about. Yes he has a couple of flaws but all coaches do. I dont want to name them but i think some of yall already know what it is. Anywaay CC just keep quiet on this subject b/c if you are going to play football you will be playing for this guy. As for UT man this year is going to be great. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oklahoma will start another winning streak that will last more than 6 yrs.

Another one who is jealous of the Natty Champ we just won.

Don't hate on the UT athletic department because your school, whichever that may be, can't duplicate what we've done.

Chris Hart
06-03-2006, 12:51 PM
According to sources, Shipley withdrew from consideration yesterday as well:clap:

VWG
06-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
According to sources, Shipley withdrew from consideration yesterday as well:clap:

I still can't understand why Shipley would want to leave Burnet.

Buccaneer
06-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I still can't understand why Shipley would want to leave Burnet.
$$$$$$$

injuredinmelee
06-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I think ship was using the Central job as a bargaining tool. McCoy is just different. I am not sure why he applied for that job but there isnt much he does that makes sense to me.

Chris Hart
06-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I still can't understand why Shipley would want to leave Burnet. The pay scale for coaches here in Burnet is not very good. We have lost soooooo many assistants in the past 3 years because of it. I'm not sure Shipley wants to leave Burnet, but he just can't keep a quality staff due to the pay scale here. It's hard to keep a program on top when you lose your best coaches every year. The man has done a great job keeping the boat afloat. If something isn't done monetarily for our coaches, we won't keep him much longer, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Adidas410s
06-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
$$$$$$$

I doubt the money is that much better in San Angelo than in Burnet. Plus...I would rather live close to Austin than in the middle of nowhere in San Angelo! :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
06-03-2006, 03:29 PM
I have heard horror stories aboutt he San Angelo ISD. They will never keep a good coach there.

Chris Hart
06-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I doubt the money is that much better in San Angelo than in Burnet. Plus...I would rather live close to Austin than in the middle of nowhere in San Angelo! :rolleyes: I'm not sure of the exact difference in pay, but 'm guessing it's fairly substantial, or he wouldn't have applied. Afterall, Burnet is his hometown, so the perks would have to be good to lure him away. I'm sure the internal problems at Central played a part in Shipley withdrawing, that and the school wanted to keep their own assistant coaches intact. Most coaches like to bring their own. Just a little insight to the low payscale here in Burnet for coaches, we have lost Coordinators and a Head Baseball coach to schools in our same class in the past two years, these same coaches have taken lesser roles at their new schools, but have gotten a $9K/year raise in their lesser roles. I'd say money is THE reason Burnet loses all their coaches, and will soon lose Coach Shipley.

olddawggreen
06-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
The pay scale for coaches here in Burnet is not very good. We have lost soooooo many assistants in the past 3 years because of it. I'm not sure Shipley wants to leave Burnet, but he just can't keep a quality staff due to the pay scale here. It's hard to keep a program on top when you lose your best coaches every year. The man has done a great job keeping the boat afloat. If something isn't done monetarily for our coaches, we won't keep him much longer, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Dito! The problem in Burnet isn't so much the coaches pay, I understand that the extra pay that they recieve for coaching is in line with other schools, the problem, as I understand it is the low pay that teachers receive in general. Its low.

To the north, Lampasas pays their teachers more because they are a poor school and benifit from the Robin Hood pay that they receive. To the south, Marble Falls is considered a rich school and can pay their teachers more. Burnet is going to have to do something to keep not only their coaches, but their good teachers also.:mad: