PDA

View Full Version : Varsity Blues vs. Bleachers

District303aPastPlayer
11-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Do you remember how in VB they said they would not go back out on the field unless the coach wasnt there?

Now thing about Bleachers, isnt that one of the stories told?

bevo
11-25-2003, 02:53 AM
District303aPastPlayer:
Do you remember how in VB they said they would not go back out on the field unless the coach wasnt there?

Now thing about Bleachers, isnt that one of the stories told?Have you read Grisham's Bleachers, I'm sure that you have...But the Plots are totally different. True there is a Quarterback and Coach that are the main characters, like that of Varsity Blues...similarities with what you asked to a degree of the team and the coaching staff not being on the field...But in the Bleachers, there is consolation in the end. I believe that his respect began to develop when his high school coach visited him after his injury in the hospital and continued over the years. The ending showed that respect, before and after his (coach's) death. Varsity Blues...did not.

Personally myself though...I enjoyed Grisham's a lot more than Varsity Blues. I like the fact that John Grisham is venturing out to other stories other than Law based novels these past several years. Make no mistake about it though...I have enjoyed all of Grishams earlier novels too.