PDA

View Full Version : My First House!!!

piratebg
06-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, unofficially but it is pretty much mine. We have been looking for a house since the end of last year and have looked at several, but the one house we found was actually sitting behind our apartment this whole time and we didn't realize it. Long story short, the owner is a friend of my mother in law and she is practically giving it to for a very low price. Our realator damn near passed out when she saw the house and heard the price. Anyways, we draw up the paper work on Monday and things should be getting a lot better in the very near future. I am so excited.

pirate44
06-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, unofficially but it is pretty much mine. We have been looking for a house since the end of last year and have looked at several, but the one house we found was actually sitting behind our apartment this whole time and we didn't realize it. Long story short, the owner is a friend of my mother in law and she is practically giving it to for a very low price. Our realator damn near passed out when she saw the house and heard the price. Anyways, we draw up the paper work on Monday and things should be getting a lot better in the very near future. I am so excited.
congratulations:clap: i think its kind of sorry though, that you dont have to go through all the worries and problems most everyone has to go through to buy a house:D

piratebg
06-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
congratulations:clap: i think its kind of sorry though, that you dont have to go through all the worries and problems most everyone has to go through to buy a house:D

It was kind of hard to find a house in our price range, and the ones that were were getting optioned out within a week and that got me po-ed every time. Your brothers house was one that I looked at last week. Nice house and was considering it until recently.

pirate44
06-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
It was kind of hard to find a house in our price range, and the ones that were were getting optioned out within a week and that got me po-ed every time. Your brothers house was one that I looked at last week. Nice house and was considering it until recently.
theyve had a few people really interested. my parents house goes on the market next week. i think a lot of people are buying in Sinton to beat out any more interest rate hikes. it's a sellers market now. but the advice i tell all renters is to buy. its an investment. the only problem is that as property values increase, so do taxes and ive known several people who have had to move beacause of it:(

AggieJohn
06-02-2006, 08:21 AM
yeah for getting houses

Phil C
06-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Governor Perry just recently signed a bill to increase cigarett taxes to give to schools in order to lower school property taxes. I don't know if it will go into effect this year or not or how long it will last. We will see.

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Governor Perry just recently signed a bill to increase cigarett taxes to give to schools in order to lower school property taxes. I don't know if it will go into effect this year or not or how long it will last. We will see.
I'm trying my best not to have an OWCHI alert over this bill. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
:clap: Congrats on your new home!! :clap:

exbccards76'smom
06-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Congrats on your new home!!