PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Texas.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Passed through Liberty Hill Friday night, looked to my left and saw the stadium lights on, almost felt like a football Friday night in Texas,
knowing it was Sr. Graduation.
Thought about LH Mom, was she at the stadium or at home on 3a down low?
Let me know were there is a good place to eat in LH, next time through I will give it a try!!

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Friday night was graduation at the stadium. LHMom was there watching her youngest graduate. I thought about going, but had a family conflict.

There are several very good places to eat in town, depending on your tastes. Margarita's (just east of 183 on Hwy 29) has great Mexican food & margaritas. Atzimbas is on 29, and according to the menu is more "authentic" Mexican food. (My personal fav there....Mexican bisket - skirt steak with onions & jalapenos cooked together). Just north of 29 on 183 is Hi-way Cafe (Mexican food as well) with very reasonable costs. Donn's Barbecue and Mike's Barbecue are both very good. (Mike's has a mean hamburger cooked on the smoker.) And for CFS, Hobo Depot is awesome, but you have to come "into town" for it. ;)

LHMom
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I was definitely there at the stadium watching my baby graduate! Then stayed up all night at Project Graduation. Fun times! (Not like a football game or anything, but it was nice.)

"in to town" - very funny, LHPM!

Emerson1
06-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Just drive an extra 5 minutes and go to Mr. Gattis in Burnet.

LH Panther Mom
06-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
More like 20 and I bet if he wanted Gattis, he wouldn't have asked where to eat here. :p ;)

LHMom
06-03-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd drive 12 minutes and go to Jardin Del Rey in Leander.

DaHop72
06-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I drove through Liberty Hill Friday and Sat. coming home. The population sign said 1402, is that right?

LH Panther Mom
06-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I drove through Liberty Hill Friday and Sat. coming home. The population sign said 1402, is that right?
That's what it was at the 2000 census. It's probably a bit more now, but there are areas I'm not sure where the city limits lie. I think a lot of the construction that's going on is outside.

Emerson1
06-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I know of one family that used to live here that moved out to LH during winter. It's not like there isn't anywhere to put a house.

LH Panther Mom
06-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I know of one family that used to live here that moved out to LH during winter. It's not like there isn't anywhere to put a house.
There's plenty of places to put a house, but the population only covers the city limits. And much of the construction is outside. :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-04-2006, 09:30 AM

Had to stop in burnet at HEB to get Fuel!!

Emerson1
06-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There's plenty of places to put a house, but the population only covers the city limits. And much of the construction is outside. :rolleyes:
I was being sarcastic.:nerd: