PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie vs. Decatur Updates

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I am getting updated information via cell phone...Will update as I receive new information...

End of 2nd Inning:
Decatur 2 Wylie 0

Wylie had bases loaded with one out and wasn't able to get a runner in during 2nd inning at bat...

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 07:58 PM
End of 3rd Inning: Decatur 2 Wylie 0

SintonFan_inAustin
06-01-2006, 08:10 PM
thanks for updates has Decatur been to state tourney in austin before

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Not that I am aware of...

Bottom of the 4th:
Decatur 4 Wylie 1

1st error committed by Decatur for Wylie score...

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Bottom of the 4th:

Decatur 4 Wylie 4

Wylie scored on error and 2 hits...

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 08:24 PM
With 2 outs, Wylie hits long ball...Decatur catches for out...Top of the 5th

Tied Score 4-4

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Bottom of the 5th:

Decatur 5 Wylie 4

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Top of the 6th:

Decatur 5 Wylie 4

Wylie had two on base with one out...Oates struck next two batters out...

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Bottom of 6th:
Decatur 6 Wylie 4

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Top of the 7th:

Decatur 6 Wylie 4

Roll'em up
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
DECATUR EAGLES WIN GAME 1!!!! 6-4

Bullaholic
06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Good Win Eagles....Glad to see you representing 7-3A well. Good Luck.

GWOOD
06-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Once again Wylie bitten by the error bug. 5 of Decatur's six runs were unearned. Nevertheless, Decatur earned the win. You make a mistake, they make you pay. 6-6 on stolen bases tonight. Oates threw 126 pitches tonight. Struggled at times, but was very effective the last two innings.

Decatur scored 6 runs on 4 hits and were aided by 4 Wylie errors and 7 walks. Wylie scored 4 runs on 7 hits and were helped by 2 Decatur errors, 2 walks, and 2 hit batters.

Decatur looks like a well coached team. They are very calm and level headed and always know what to do. Wylie is definitely the better hitting team but defense and speed are on Decatur's side.

wyliegrad04
06-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I agree with everything GWOOD said ... very good game by the Eagles.

Maybe it's because Wylie doesn't have a lot of deep post-season play but we made some really bad errors at really bad times. Flat out dropping a popup and then just staring at the ball isn't good ... our first baseman struggled.

Decatur was fast ... something like 6 or 7 stolen bases. We just couldn't get an accurate throw to second in time. Then they would steal 3rd ...

Good job by the Decatur coaches on stealing Martin's bunt signal ... they picked up on that and rushed the plate ... couple of good bunts tonight though still

Any ideas why Coach Martin took Saltzgaber out and put in Evan Chrane to bat when we had 2 outs? Thought Saltzgaber was doing pretty well ...

good luck on saturday ... go get em dawgs

wyliegrad04
06-01-2006, 11:02 PM
anyone going over to Saginaw for game 2 and hopefully 3?

Cameron Crazy
06-01-2006, 11:16 PM
GREAT JOB EAGLES!!!:clap: :clap:

RMAC
06-01-2006, 11:25 PM
As much as I don't feel like I shouldn't, I gotta give my support to the guys I plays little league with. Let's go Wylie, make some plays in games 2 and 3 and quit w/ all the errors. I know ya'll are better ballplayers than that, I've seen it. All ya'll have to do is play some better D, then the sticks will come around.

thewyliefan
06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
tooooo many erros and walks in this one...no way you can win a game aginst decatur like that

GWOOD
06-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04

Any ideas why Coach Martin took Saltzgaber out and put in Evan Chrane to bat when we had 2 outs? Thought Saltzgaber was doing pretty well ...

I know he struggled at the plate in the series vs. West but man he came out and got a great hit his first time at bat. In fact, it was such a shot that the CF got it quickly and threw it in to hold the runner on third.

Don't know anything about Chrane but I guess the coach thought he had a better chance of getting a hit than Saltz.

marissa311
06-02-2006, 01:25 AM
decatur did cash in on errors, but decatur made one error with two outs and that allowed wylie to score all its runs. as great as wylie hits the ball, they were one routine throw to first base away from behind shut out 6-0.

games 2 and 3 could be a slugfest. its gonna be good. wylie has to play better defense. i thought for awhile decatur was going to bunt the rest of the way and make the first baseman make plays.

wyliegrad04
06-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I know he struggled at the plate in the series vs. West but man he came out and got a great hit his first time at bat. In fact, it was such a shot that the CF got it quickly and threw it in to hold the runner on third.

Don't know anything about Chrane but I guess the coach thought he had a better chance of getting a hit than Saltz.

I guess Coach did think that Chrane would have a better chance ... just seems odd to me to pull Saltzgaber because he had been to the plate, seen the pithcer, and had a good hit ...

injuredinmelee
06-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by marissa311
decatur did cash in on errors, but decatur made one error with two outs and that allowed wylie to score all its runs. as great as wylie hits the ball, they were one routine throw to first base away from behind shut out 6-0.

games 2 and 3 could be a slugfest. its gonna be good. wylie has to play better defense. i thought for awhile decatur was going to bunt the rest of the way and make the first baseman make plays.
You can turn it around also. Decatur was 4 errors away from scoring one run. Decatur is a great team and put themselves in position to take advantage of errors and forced alot of those errors by hustiling like no team I have ever seen before.

GWOOD
06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
...by hustiling like no team I have ever seen before.

I have not seen a team this year that had three guys with great quickness. Their #1, #8, and #9 hitters are so quick. I don't know how Saltzgaber threw that kid out at home from left. He was flat out moving when he was going around 3rd. C.Jones, the #8 hitter had 4 stolen bases--stole 3rd base twice.

Ft. Stockton had two guys that really motor--Hickman, Arcides--but Decatur has these three and their SS is fairly quick himself.

injuredinmelee
06-02-2006, 10:17 AM
They all with the exception of like 3 kids seemed BIG!!! Good weight program in Decatur.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
They all with the exception of like 3 kids seemed BIG!!! Good weight program in Decatur.

I noticed that whenever they played Snyder. They were a lot bigger than our guys.

Adidas410s
06-02-2006, 10:34 AM

It's probably steroids. I hear "from my sources" that pretty much every HS athlete that wants to excel HAS to be on them right??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Bullaholic
06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Where are all the Decatur fans? NateDawg? Chief Woodman?
Surely you guys are not going to leave it to a Bridgeport fan to cheer for Decatur during this playoff run?

Bullaholic
06-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It's probably steroids. I hear "from my sources" that pretty much every HS athlete that wants to excel HAS to be on them right??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

How dare you question the Chief, Adidas. :D

Adidas410s
06-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How dare you question the Chief, Adidas. :D

my bad...he'll probably show up to pass judgement upon me soon enough! ;)

#1sportznut
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Where are all the Decatur fans? NateDawg? Chief Woodman?
Surely you guys are not going to leave it to a Bridgeport fan to cheer for Decatur during this playoff run?

We are here Bull......just laying low...
GO EAGLES!!!!

And no, no steriods....just a whole lot of BEEF!;) ;) ;)