PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of speech does not apply on this message board...

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
And NO, I am not saying there is anything wrong with that... Some things you just can't keep out here in an open forum...

And with that said, I have a suggestion, not a complaint...

Suggestion is that warnings be issued to posters who take shots/complain about the way the 3Adownlow is being ran... Having a suggestion (as I am making one right now) is fine, but I really do think that it would be a good change to warn individuals complaining about the running of the downlow...

No baseball rules, second strike you hike...

Blastoderm55
06-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Most other forums I frequent have a suggestions forum. At the very least those in charge can show a little tact and learn to take constructive criticism as adults. For people who have no basis for their complaints, however, a quick ROMing should contintue to do the job.

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Most other forums I frequent have a suggestions forum. At the very least those in charge can show a little tact and learn to take constructive criticism as adults. For people who have no basis for their complaints, however, a quick ROMing should contintue to do the job.

Well we do have a suggestion forum, but I felt this should be on open forum just for the heck of it...

Emerson1
06-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Who's complaining? You are the one who is "suggesting" how things be ran around here? If you want things to be ran your way, you should of never parted ways with jacket and bearcat back in the day.

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
jacket and bearcat back in the day.

dead horse, tough guy... today is today, when I was coming out of high school, going into college, falling in love and starting my first job all at the same time was yesterday (actually five freakin' years ago)...

Blastoderm55
06-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Well I feel like a dufus. I never noticed the Suggestions forum. :confused:

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
dead horse, tough guy... today is today, when I was coming out of high school, going into college, falling in love and starting my first job all at the same time was yesterday (actually five freakin' years ago)...

And I never parted ways with Jacket... he was not involved in any part of the downlow until after I was gone, took my spot...

Matthew328, bearcat1 and I parted ways... wasn't all nice and dandy "thanks for the great time" type of parting ways, but what happened happened, it's done....

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Well I feel like a dufus. I never noticed the Suggestions forum. :confused:

I always forget about it myself...

Keith7
06-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
And NO, I am not saying there is anything wrong with that... Some things you just can't keep out here in an open forum...

And with that said, I have a suggestion, not a complaint...

Suggestion is that warnings be issued to posters who take shots/complain about the way the 3Adownlow is being ran... Having a suggestion (as I am making one right now) is fine, but I really do think that it would be a good change to warn individuals complaining about the running of the downlow...

No baseball rules, second strike you hike...

screw that, freakin totalitarian.. If something isnt going right I think we should be able to have complaints

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
screw that, freakin totalitarian.. If something isnt going right I think we should be able to have complaints

I'll take totalitarian as a compliment... you have two legs, in this case a right index finger in which you can click your way out of here if you do not like it... I just think the downlow is what it is and if you're one of the few who have to make snide remarks about it then you're not doing the downlow any good...

I'm not imposing anything on anyone because this is not my website...

This site is something that most of us here enjoy a whole lot... We enjoy reading silly jokes, talking about crapping your pants and the list goes on and on... the football content is in every poster who posts here... who else has Sweetwater's preseason lineup? No one I know of, except for the downlow....

This site is ran by the fans of the game now, complaining about it is silly and annoying to me all at the same time...

As I said, freedom of speech does not apply here, if you argue the policy of this board you are warned, then banned on the second consecutive offense... I just suggest we make in the same for people who enjoy the food on the table the downlow presents, yet complains about the food it's not getting...

don't bite the hand that feeds you is all I'm saying...

Love,
Gobbla2001, your downlow Totalitarian

Gobbla2001
06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Also, the content you whiners seek here would require webhosting, a lot of extra bandwith...

Put your money where your mouth is (meaning stop talking and start walking), complainers (I won't because I like this the way it is, a community)...

Matthew328
06-01-2006, 07:56 PM
wow...and for the record me and Gobbla never really had a parting of ways...he had a lot going on at the time and it was totally understandable the reasons he left...I hold no grudge to him at all....but man lets not get into THAT soap opera again....LOL