View Full Version : *Womens College World Series Update Thread*

Old Tiger
06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Oregeon State - 0
Arizona - 0

3rd Inning

Adidas410s
06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Phil...stop posting under other people's accounts!

Phil C
06-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Please keep the updates coming Tiger! Thank you.

Phil C
06-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...stop posting under other people's accounts!

;)

KTJ
06-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Arizona - 2
Beaver Aggy - 1

Weather delay in OKC. Surprise Surprise

Phil C
06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Arizona - 2
Beaver Aggy - 1

Weather delay in OKC. Surprise Surprise

:(

Phil C
06-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Play has been resumed and at top of the seventh it is tied 2 to 2.

Phil C
06-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Still tied at 2 to 2 and heading into extra innings.

Phil C
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Heading into the ninth and still tied at 2 to 2. Man they sure picked a long game for the first one.

Phil C
06-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Arizona threatening in bottom of ninth with one out but a runner at second base.

KTJ
06-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Final

Arizona - 3
Beaver Aggy - 2

Up next...

THE University of Texas vs. Desert Aggy

Old Tiger
06-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Texas - 1
Arizona State - 0

5th Inning

Old Tiger
06-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Texas wins and goes on to play Arizona

Texas - 2
Arizona State - 0

PhiI C
06-01-2006, 09:48 PM
In the third game at the bottom of the7th Alabama is ahead of Northwestern 5 to 4 and this is Northwestern's last chance. We will see what happens.

PhiI C
06-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Northwestern getes home run and it is tied up with Alabama one strick away from winning the game.

PhiI C
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Extra Innings!

Phil C
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
In the 10th inning Northwestern scores the winning run to win 6 to 5.

There is still one last fourth game today which should be very good between UCLA and Tennessee.

Phil C
06-02-2006, 08:41 AM
The fourth and last game yesterday started very late due to extra inning games and rain delays so I didn't stay up to watch it. It must have been a good one as Tennessee edged UCLA (after being down 0 - 2) by the score of 4 to 3.

pirate4state
06-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The fourth and last game yesterday started very late due to extra inning games and rain delays so I didn't stay up to watch it. It must have been a good one as Tennessee edged UCLA (after being down 0 - 2) by the score of 4 to 3. :eek: WOW!! Maybe there will be a replay of it later Phil. ;)

Phil C
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
There may be pirate but I don't know when. ESPN Alternates were showing some of the replays for free. :)

Phil C
06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
All 8 teams are good but some will be eliminated today (Friday).

In the first bracket today the games are as follows:

Winners Game Arizona vs Texas at 6 P.M. on ESPN2. The advantage in this game is that the winner gets Saturday off.

Losers Game Oregon State vs Arizona State at 11 A.M. on ESPN. The loser in this game is eliminated while the winner plays the loser of the Arizona vs Texas Game in another elimination game Saturday.

In the second bracket today the games are as follows:

Winners Game Northwestern vs Tennessee at 8 P.M. on ESPN2. The winner gets Saturday off.

Losers Game Alabama vs UCLA at 1 P.M. on ESPN. The loser is eliminated and the winner plays the loser of the Northwestern vs Tennessee game. Man it feels extra strange to have both of these teams considered losers and I won't believe UCLA won't make the finals until they are officially eliminated and Alabama has a great team too. But it shows that all 8 teams that made it here are very capable.

Besides the advantage of a rest day for the winners that don't play that day is that whoever they play on Sunday has to beat them 2 straight games.

There shouldn't be any more weather delays for while because the weather forecast for this area is good weather at least through next Tuesday.

Phil C
06-02-2006, 10:16 AM
One thing I overlooked is that the loser of the UT vs AZ game will have to play the winner of the Alabama vs UCLA winner so each bracket's losers today has to cross to the other bracket. Probably so that teams won't play the same teams over again so much. So this game with AZ is very important. Go Lady Horns! Go CAT Go! Fight and Win! Beat AZ!

Phil C
06-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Losers games aren't until tomorrow (Saturday). Saturday is elimination day when 4 teams will be eliminated.

District303aPastPlayer
06-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Osterman was 3 strikeouts away from a perfect game, if she didnt walk anyone... which im not sure if she did or not. but 18 of 21 outs for strikeouts...

Phil C
06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Osterman was 3 strikeouts away from a perfect game, if she didnt walk anyone... which im not sure if she did or not. but 18 of 21 outs for strikeouts...

They only got one hit off of her and that was really an error. I don't think anyone else got on base.

Phil C
06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
The two games today will be played tonight and will be televised.

At 6 P.M. it is Arizona vs Texas on ESPN2.

At 8 P.M. it is Northwestern vs Tennessee on ESPN 2

wildkat0507
06-02-2006, 03:33 PM
i think that its pretty kewl that bh's pitcher, c. hall, has a sister that plays 2 base for the texas longhorns..pretty sweet if you ask me..lol..

BTEXDAD
06-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
i think that its pretty kewl that bh's pitcher, c. hall, has a sister that plays 2 base for the texas longhorns..pretty sweet if you ask me..lol..
I understand, there is another sister who played at Temple JR college. Taylor Hall.

coach_in_red
06-02-2006, 03:42 PM
and if i am not mistaken, the dad is the coach.........
they have some real talent in that family........

wildkat0507
06-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I understand, there is another sister who played at Temple JR college. Taylor Hall.

yes that is correct also.. and i think that there is another sister younger than chandler hall, who is by the way only a sophomore... and yes the dad i think is the coach..

coach_in_red
06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
i am pretty sure about that....
he played at A&M when he was in college.........I think baseball, but I may be wrong on that for sure..........
**there is another one...man oh man......

PhiI C
06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Arizona beats Texas 2 to 0. CAT pitched a great game but a freshman mistake cost them the game in the bottom of the 6th inningl. Texas still has a shot but it is very slim indeed because the loss sends them to the other bracket and they will have to beat the winner of the Alabama vs UCLA game and then twice on Sunday. It is a shame for CAT but the bats didn't do the job. Of course Arizona has an outstanding pitcher also. I am afraid this loss has doomed UT to another non national championship in softball with CAT's last chance. :(

coach_in_red
06-02-2006, 08:50 PM
don't be so down on the chance for ut to come back....you never know.
CAT said she won't leave without a ring---

KTJ
06-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Arizona beats Texas 2 to 0. CAT pitched a great game but a freshman mistake cost them the game in the bottom of the 6th inningl. Texas still has a shot but it is very slim indeed because the loss sends them to the other bracket and they will have to beat the winner of the Alabama vs UCLA game and then twice on Sunday. It is a shame for CAT but the bats didn't do the job. Of course Arizona has an outstanding pitcher also. I am afraid this loss has doomed UT to another non national championship in softball with CAT's last chance. :(

I agree with coach in red.

Phil, I was really upset that we lost. Then I started thing about it. I think our team will bounce back in a big way, whether it be against UCLA or Alabama. The team wants to win this and they knew they blew their wad tonight against UA. A good thing is that whomever we play tomorrow night already played earlier that day. We will have had a full days rest. Of course, I'd rather play Bama. But UCLA doesn't look like worldbeaters either. Neither did Arizona. Our errors cost us.

I was upset...and I'm not anymore. I think we can still get to the championship series...vs UA no less.

Either way, alcohol will be had tonight! :D

Phil C
06-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Northwestern Beats Tennessee tonight 2 to 0. Tennessee blew a big chance in the sixth inning.

There will be four games tomorrow and all losers will be eliminated. At 11 A.M.. on ESPN it is Oregon State vs Arizona State and the winner plays Tennessee at 6 P.M. on ESPN with the winner advancing to Sunday against Arizona for final elimination battle on Sunday.

Alabama plays UCLA at 2 P.M. on ESPN and the winner plays Texas at 8 P.M on ESPN with the winners advancing against Northwestern for final elimination battle on Sunday.

Phil C
06-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I agree with coach in red.

Phil, I was really upset that we lost. Then I started thing about it. I think our team will bounce back in a big way, whether it be against UCLA or Alabama. The team wants to win this and they knew they blew their wad tonight against UA. A good thing is that whomever we play tomorrow night already played earlier that day. We will have had a full days rest. Of course, I'd rather play Bama. But UCLA doesn't look like worldbeaters either. Neither did Arizona. Our errors cost us.

I was upset...and I'm not anymore. I think we can still get to the championship series...vs UA no less.

Either way, alcohol will be had tonight! :D

I also agree KTJ. It will be a hard and uphill struggle but other teams have done it in the past. CAT will do a terrific job and hopefully the batters will get it going even though we had a couple of opportunities against Arizona but couldn't get them in. Hopefully we can beat the winner of UCLA vs Alabama and then take two games from Northwestern on Sunday. Then win at least two of the three championship games. It is never over till you are eliminated. Texas is capable. I would love to see them have a 5 game winning streak starting tomorrow.

Go CAT Go! Go Lady Horns! Fight and Win!

PhiI C
06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Earlier today it was Arizona State 3 Oregon State 1. This eliminates Oregon State. At 6 P.M. Arizona State plays Tennessee in another elimination gameon ESPN.

Right now after one inning it is UCLA 1 Alabama 0 and is on ESPN. The loser of this game is eliminated and the winner plays Texas in another elimination game at 8 P.M. on ESPN.

It is obvious that all 8 games that made this tournament are very capable with the right plays and calls at the right time. They all have excellent pitchers. It is just who makes the right play at the right time or makes the wrong mistake at the wrong time. There have have been no blowouts yet. Oregon State was the first to be eliminated but yet Arizona had to struggle to beat them after 9 innings by the score of 3 to 2.

Phil C
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Since UT is out most of us are probably not as interested in this but there were some important games being played today. Northwestern eliminated UCLA 3 to 1 and earlier Tennessee beat Arizona 1 to 0 to force a deciding second game and right now in the sixth inning Arizona is ahead 6 to 0 so it looks like it is going to be two out of three the next three nights between Arizona and Northwestern. The games will be on ESPN2 if anyone is interested. I will just be clicking on the channel for scores since I don't care for any of these two teams but news is news.

Phil C
06-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Last night i the first of the 2 out 3 series for the 2006 NCAA softball national championship Arizona whipped Northwestern 8 to 0. This may be Arizona's year even though I don't think they are really that much better than the other teams but this year at this time they were the ones that had their act together. They still need to win one more game.

Phil C
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I am going to go ahead and predict Arizona will win the National Championship in NCAA Women's Softball this year.

coach_in_red
06-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I will have to agree with you on that. I don't think Arizona is a better team than UT to even UCLA, but they showed up to play when it really counted.

Old Tiger
06-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Congrats Arizona!

Phil C
06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Arizona wins. They had it together when it counted and did what they had to do at right times to win. Too bad the final with Northwestern wasn't more competitive. Probably low tv ratings.
UT had chances against AZ but didn't score when they had the opportunity and then made two costly mistakes to lose them that game and maybe the NC. But that's softball.