PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headsets

Adidas410s
06-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Do you have/use one with your cell phone?

KTJ
06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
It's one of those "everyone else has one so I need one too" type of electronics.

Just like the Razr Phone.

DaHop72
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I was in line in a store and a guy had one on but had it in the opposite ear from where I was standing. I thought for a while that he was just some whacko talking to himself.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-01-2006, 10:06 AM
I think they're extremely dumb while walking around/sitting/standing.

However, if I had the option to use one while driving, I most likely would do it. The more hands free the better.

44INAROW
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
ok, I'll admit it - I had no idea what it was until I read this thread :confused: :nerd:

Ranger Mom
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ok, I'll admit it - I had no idea what it was until I read this thread :confused: :nerd:

Me neither...I googled for a pic!!

http://www.guide2net.net/mobile_internet/product_reviews/vipul/proplantronics_m3000%20Bluetooth_headset/M3000_4_ori.JPG

spiveyrat
06-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I thought about getting one for hands-free use while driving. But since my phone has speakerphone cabability I figured that would work just as well... and I didn't have to shell out an extra $50-$70 for one.

Adidas410s
06-01-2006, 11:38 AM
and of course RM finds the gay looking ones too!!

Though I don't use mine that often, I have these ones...

Motorola HS810
http://www.wirelessgus.com/prodimages/motorola-hs810-1.jpg

Motorola HS850
http://www.kabiloo.fr/boutique/imgarticles/grandes/HS850.jpg

Motorola HS500
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/drh.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/motocorp/images/product/detail/accy_H500_SYN1290.JPG

and I want the Motorola HS700...but Cingular didn't carry it while I was still working there
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/drh.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/motocorp/images/product/detail/accy_btheadset_H700.JPG

Keith7
06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I say use them in your car, or when your hands are busy, but don't be one of the people that have it in their ear 24/7 people that do that get on my nerves, its like they do it because they think its a status symbol

Ranger Mom
06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and of course RM finds the gay looking ones too!!

I thought it was only "politically correct" for me to do so!!:nerd:

Adidas410s
06-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I say use them in your car, or when your hands are busy, but don't be one of the people that have it in their ear 24/7 people that do that get on my nerves, its like they do it because they think its a status symbol

It seems like most of the people that I see like that are small business owners. That occured to me this morning while driving to work. I saw 5 or 6 people with them on and they were all driving trucks saying "Bob's Welding" "Jerry's Electric" "Rick's Plumbing" etc on them. Maybe a coincidence...maybe they want people to think that their business is "big time."

Ranger Mom
06-01-2006, 11:56 AM
It seems like most of the people that I see like that are small business owners. That occured to me this morning while driving to work. I saw 5 or 6 people with them on and they were all driving trucks saying "Bob's Welding" "Jerry's Electric" "Rick's Plumbing" etc on them. Maybe a coincidence...maybe they want people to think that their business is "big time."

The first 2 people I ever saw wearing them both sold AFLAC!

Keith7
06-01-2006, 11:57 AM

yea i'm not saying everyone does it as a status symbol, but I work at a mall, and I see some guys and women wearing them and they will walk around the whole mall talking on it the whole time, and when they check out, they don't have the courtesy to get off of it to talk to you, and i just see that as the person thinking they are better then you or above you, and these people really just suck

Old Tiger
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
It's like when your at a fast food joint that is using headsets and your not paying attention and they start talking to someone on them and you turn around and start talking to them because you think they are talking to you and then you feel like an idiot and go "Crap!"

mistanice
06-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It's like when your at a fast food joint that is using headsets and your not paying attention and they start talking to someone on them and you turn around and start talking to them because you think they are talking to you and then you feel like an idiot and go "Crap!"

There's a new Keystone commercial where this happens to a guy at a gas station. hilarious.

Cameron Crazy
06-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Those are cool i dont need one though!

Cameron Crazy
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Cause i dont got a phone!! Dont need one cause i would lose it!

Old Tiger
06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
There's a new Keystone commercial where this happens to a guy at a gas station. hilarious. Speaking of Keystone, lol How does Allan Jackson say it..."I know it's only half past 12 but I don't care...it's 5 o'clock somewhere" lol

X21AAAPlayer
06-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Useful tool... Absolutely ridiculous fashion accessory... If you know what I mean.

Emerson1
06-01-2006, 01:22 PM
I saw some study that showed holding the cell isn't what causes cell phone wrecks. It's people get so caught up in their conversation they forget to pay attention. People drive 1 handed all the time, so why would holding a cell phone automatically make them drive crazy?

DaHop72
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought it was only "politically correct" for me to do so!!:nerd: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keith7
06-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I saw some study that showed holding the cell isn't what causes cell phone wrecks. It's people get so caught up in their conversation they forget to pay attention. People drive 1 handed all the time, so why would holding a cell phone automatically make them drive crazy?

I listen to sports talk radio about 98% of the im i'm in my car, why doesn't that make me drive crazy??

LH Panther Mom
06-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me neither...I googled for a pic!!

http://www.guide2net.net/mobile_internet/product_reviews/vipul/proplantronics_m3000%20Bluetooth_headset/M3000_4_ori.JPG
Oh, GOOD GRIEF! I feel like a complete idgit now. I saw a guy with one of those on, I think during basketball season. I thought he was wearing a sunglasses clippy thing on his ear. :doh: :doh:

slpybear the bullfan
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
I find it hilarious to see average Joe walking around WalMart, School, Work, etc with one of these on. Its like... hey... I don't need to wear this to talk to anyone while I am buying my oreos and Beer... but its cool!

LOL ;)

Emerson1
06-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I listen to sports talk radio about 98% of the im i'm in my car, why doesn't that make me drive crazy??
Unless you are talking back to the radio, then it's not a conversation.

People drive 1 handed all the time, why would holding a phone change anything?

Old Tiger
06-02-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, GOOD GRIEF! I feel like a complete idgit now. I saw a guy with one of those on, I think during basketball season. I thought he was wearing a sunglasses clippy thing on his ear. :doh: :doh: oh geez, lol