PDA

View Full Version : Robstown/CC weather

Bull Butter
06-01-2006, 07:34 AM
What is this i read on C-T website about the airport in CC getting 10 inches of rain overnight? Aviators stadium is only about 10 miles from the airport. Did Robstown get a lot of rain as well ?

If they did, what does this do to the status of Fal/Sinton game 2?

AggieJohn
06-01-2006, 07:56 AM
let's just say it's rediculously wet here in corpus

pirate44
06-01-2006, 07:59 AM
on I37 on my way to work, i saw a lot of trash on the shoulders as if there was water crossing. i guess i just missed it

pirate4state
06-01-2006, 08:49 AM
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_400x300c/SIR/inmSIRTXS.gif

Wonder how much rain we'll get?? :thinking: All knowing Dale said "ALOT!" :D

pirate4state
06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Rain could have effect on high school baseball playoff games
Decision on Moody game to be made at noon

By staff reports
June 1, 2006

With the heavy rains that flooded area streets, a pair of local high school baseball playoff games will try to carry on.

In the Region IV-5A championship series, Moody was to host Laredo United at Whataburger Field at 8 p.m. A decision on whether to play game one of the best-of-3 series at that stadium will be made at noon. The second and third games are schedule for San Antonio's Nelson Wolff Stadium on Friday and, if necessary, Saturday.

In Region IV-3A, Falfurrias defeated Sinton in eight innings, 3-2, in game one of their series Wednesday night. The rain started just before the game ended and ground crews put the tarp on Fairgrounds Field in Robstown immediately after the game. As of 9:30 a.m., the game is expected to be played at it's regularly scheduled time of 8 p.m. on Thursday.

Phil C
06-01-2006, 10:25 AM
I wonder what they are going to do about the second Sinton vs Falfurrias game. It is possible we may have to play two games in Alice.

District303aPastPlayer
06-01-2006, 10:26 AM
As long as its player :D

pirate4state
06-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder what they are going to do about the second Sinton vs Falfurrias game. It is possible we may have to play two games in Alice. ^^^ see MY above post in BOLD keep checking the caller.com web site

Phil C
06-01-2006, 10:54 AM
It is starting to get clear here in Sinton even though still cloudy. Of course this can change suddenly.

Phil C
06-01-2006, 11:25 AM
It is still cloudy in Sinton but the sun seems to be trying to make a breakthrough as of right now.

SINTON81
06-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Now it is raining in Sinton, but radar has been clear in Robstown.

District303aPastPlayer
06-01-2006, 01:10 PM
not at my house. . .

Blastoderm55
06-01-2006, 01:11 PM
An elderly couple from Robstown came to fill the candy machines that they keep at my store. They told me that they had about an inch of rain out at their place, so conditions shouldn't be too bad.

pirate4state
06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Moody's baseball playoff game on the move
Whataburger Field unplayable after overnight rains

By staff reports
June 1, 2006

With the heavy rains that flooded area streets, a pair of local high school baseball playoff games will try to carry on.

In the Region IV-5A championship series, Moody was to host Laredo United at Whataburger Field at 8 p.m. But the field will not be playable, so the game will move to Robstown High School with the same 8 p.m. start time. If rain should make Robstown unplayable, the game will move to Alice High School. The second and third games are schedule for San Antonio's Nelson Wolff Stadium on Friday and, if necessary, Saturday.

Thursday's game will be carried on the radio on KINE-AM 1330.

In Region IV-3A, Falfurrias defeated Sinton in eight innings, 3-2, in game one of their series Wednesday night. The rain started just before the game ended and ground crews put the tarp on Fairgrounds Field in Robstown immediately after the game. As of 12:03 p.m., the game is expected to be played at it's regularly scheduled time of 8 p.m. on Thursday.

So far, so good. Robstown should be hopping tonight. Make sure to lock your doors. :eek: ;) www.caller.com will have live updates.

SINTON81
06-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Radar shows heavy rain between Callalen and Robstown.

Maroon87
06-01-2006, 03:49 PM
I talked to my dad a few minutes ago and he said it was raining pretty hard at his house, which is about 10 miles NW of Robstown.