PDA

View Full Version : Projected top games in SE Texas

Old Cardinal
08-10-2002, 10:45 AM
First big game will be Newton/Bridge City.....Then two great games Newton/Jasper--I also predict that Barber's Hill/ Bridge City will take place for bi-district Div. I---AND BY THEN, THAT MIGHT PROVE TO BE A REAL SHOOTOUT. Some darkhosses are Dibol,Liberty,Orangefield and Splendora-on a given night, they are capable of giving folks some real trouble!

BH_146
08-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Old Cardinal, I agree that the games involving Newton should be the best in the area. As far as BH-BC, that should play out also. But the summer was not kind to us. We lost one starting offensive lineman in an auto accident. One starter from last year decided to go only basketball. And two projected starters who did not come out because of personal reasons. We have kids who I'm sure will step up but it may affect our depth. You mentioned Orangefield as a dark horse and some people may wonder after the year they had last fall. But I concur. Orangefield looks to have a favorble district schedule. It appears that they catch contenting teams every other week which should really help. Of the contenting teams in District 21AAA (excluding BC), I think Hamshire-Fannett has the best district schedule followed by Orangefield. H-F plays BC in the first district game and then after that it looks like they need to prepare for back-to-back games versus H-J and Orangefield. Hardin-Jefferson looks to have the most difficult with 4 consecutive tough weeks. And I include the Anahuac game because H-J has to go to Anahuac after having to play Bridge City the week before.

Old Cardinal
08-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Very good analogy of the situation B_146. I think H-F will be tough for BC in that they know Tarver's plays and strategy, at this point, better than the BC kids! Yes, OF was absolutely great in the 7 on 7 stuff. Sorry to hear BH has lost some good ones. They like BC will have to develop some depth before Bi-Dist, because by that time you WILL be hampered by key injuries. It should be fun! H-J and Splendora and Coldspring are not planning to lay down and give up on each of us respectively.