PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown in Corpus Christi

pirate44
05-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Wrestling Smackdown comes back to town

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. will bring its Smackdown spectacle back to Corpus Christi for an internationally televised night of matches this summer, headlined by Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle and Undertaker.

The show starts at 7:30 p.m. July 18 at the American Bank Center.

Tickets go on sale June 17 and range in price from $21.50 to $61.50.

Info: 826-4100.On Nov. 9, 2004, the WWE Smackdown was one of the first events at the American Bank Center arena.

It drew a reported 6,500 spectators.

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 01:01 PM
I was at that first Smackdown. :cool:

The one on the 18th will also feature a live taping for the new ECW show to air on Sci-Fi! Eee Cee Dub! Eee Cee Dub!

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 01:02 PM
if i can get my friend to finish my hookup. i will be putting the ring together :D which would be awesome because i would help do that then meet some wreslters

Emerson1
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I was at the RAW Homecoming a few months back, I will be at the next Saturday Night Main Event to.

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Dang it, someone please tell me why oh why do men enjoy this farce????? Ok, I'm sure some women do, too.................don't want to seem I'm man bashing here...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Dang it, someone please tell me why oh why do men enjoy this farce????? Ok, I'm sure some women do, too.................don't want to seem I'm man bashing here...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it seems like it reguardless

piratebg
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
I've never been a fan of the male soap opera, myself. Just couldn't get into it. My wife, on the other hand, has this thing for Edge and any other muscular wrestler with long, blonde hair.

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I've never been a fan of the male soap opera, myself. Just couldn't get into it. My wife, on the other hand, has this thinf for Edge and any other muscular wrestler with long, blonde hair.

buy tickets... its awesome live...

Emerson1
05-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
buy tickets... its awesome live...
It is alot better live, I've been the past couple of times they were in dallas. One time I was ring side that was pretty cool.
I need to start watching again, with basketball and 24 I haven't seen it in about 1.5 months.

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I've never been a fan of the male soap opera, myself. Just couldn't get into it. My wife, on the other hand, has this thing for Edge and any other muscular wrestler with long, blonde hair. Male soap opera......that's a good way to look at it, I guess......which would lead me to say something else, but then I would really be accused of male bashing...... :D Most the gals I know, don't like those muscular dudes.....because when they open their mouth, nothing intelligent comes out!
Steroids = tiny brain and tiny...well you know. :eek: :p :kiss:

SintonFan
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I've never been a fan of the male soap opera, myself. Just couldn't get into it. My wife, on the other hand, has this thing for Edge and any other muscular wrestler with long, blonde hair.
My wife still has this thing for Oscar dela Hoya.:doh:

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
My wife still has this thing for Oscar dela Hoya.:doh: Now that is a real fighter...and he's a hottie for sure....but he's waaaaay different than those blow up ones with long hair and rehearsed lines....don't put him in the same category as the others, that would be a real insult!

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It is alot better live, I've been the past couple of times they were in dallas. One time I was ring side that was pretty cool.
I need to start watching again, with basketball and 24 I haven't seen it in about 1.5 months.

The WWE product is very stale right now. If you want to dive back into wrestling, check out TNA Impact on Thursday nights after The Ultimate Fighter. In addition to that, ECW will be getting a 9 or 10 pm time slot on the Sci-Fi channel on Tuesdays starting in June.

SintonFan
05-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Now that is a real fighter...and he's a hottie for sure....but he's waaaaay different than those blow up ones with long hair and rehearsed lines....don't put him in the same category as the others, that would be a real insult!

Hmmmmmm...
my wife has this thing for him and you EXPECT me to defend him? HAHA!
aint gonna happen!:p

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
The WWE product is very stale right now. If you want to dive back into wrestling, check out TNA Impact on Thursday nights after The Ultimate Fighter. In addition to that, ECW will be getting a 9 or 10 pm time slot on the Sci-Fi channel on Tuesdays starting in June.

have you ever heard of Ring of Honor? If not... you should check it out... its some of the best in ring type stuff... more technical than show... The Phenomenal AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Sunjay Dutt all are cross promotion performers in the two of them. And if you can, watch TNA's Lockdown...

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 02:01 PM
I've got several of their DVDs. :D Still trying to get some of Joe's stuff during his stint there, as well as C.M. Punk.

SintonFan
05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Viva Los Luchadores!!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 02:03 PM
I've got several of their DVDs. :D Still trying to get some of Joe's stuff during his stint there, as well as C.M. Punk.

ive tried to catch some CM Punk but i cant really get any online. I can't wait for Vengence when DX comes back... and on June 10th... ECW vs WWE will take place. . .

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Hopefully it'll turn out better than the return of the NWO circa 02-03. Well, that fact that Kevin Nash is no where near a WWE ring should help! :p

Just sucks that he's in TNA stinking up the X-Division. :mad:

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Hopefully it'll turn out better than the return of the NWO circa 02-03. Well, that fact that Kevin Nash is no where near a WWE ring should help! :p

Just sucks that he's in TNA stinking up the X-Division. :mad:

The X Division has the potential to be the saving grace to TNA... but not with Kevin Nash...

wos fan1
05-31-2006, 02:28 PM
The WWE product is very stale right now. If you want to dive back into wrestling, check out TNA Impact on Thursday nights after The Ultimate Fighter. In addition to that, ECW will be getting a 9 or 10 pm time slot on the Sci-Fi channel on Tuesdays starting in June. TNA is awesome and ECW is going to be good as well.

Emerson1
05-31-2006, 02:33 PM
I like TNA, but I always forget to watch it.
I have watched SD!cmaybe 2 or 3 times since they moved to friday nights. It was a horrible move by the WWE, their rating have dropped significantly since they made the jump.

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
TNA is awesome and ECW is going to be good as well.

Kurt Angle and Mr Monday Night, the Whole F'n Show RVD will be their flagships...

I like TNA, but I always forget to watch it.
I have watched SD!cmaybe 2 or 3 times since they moved to friday nights. It was a horrible move by the WWE, their rating have dropped significantly since they made the jump.

The Ratings were dropping before the move... they have no star on SD!

Emerson1
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Isn't there a draft coming up sometime soon? They should send cena back to SD, I used to like him, but all he can do is the same 5 moves and it gets boring after awhile.

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
I have NEVER seen Smackdown on TV, but their lineup appears to be quite lousy at the moment. They've lost too many due to injuries, mostly at the hands of Mark Henry. I think moving Angle to ECW was a neat idea, but its really going to hurt Smackdown to take away one of the few guys they had who could actually draw. Hopefully the return of Batista and Kennedy can help to revive the brand going into summer.

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 02:43 PM
I have NEVER seen Smackdown on TV, but their lineup appears to be quite lousy at the moment. They've lost too many due to injuries, mostly at the hands of Mark Henry. I think moving Angle to ECW was a neat idea, but its really going to hurt Smackdown to take away one of the few guys they had who could actually draw. Hopefully the return of Batista and Kennedy can help to revive the brand going into summer.

kennedy?

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Is it Kenedy? That Ken Kenedy dude. Pretty entertaining from what I've heard.

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Is it Kenedy? That Ken Kenedy dude. Pretty entertaining from what I've heard.

oh, okay. you remember the teacher who got fired for Moonlighting as a wrestler... he's in the WWE now too

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Isn't there a draft coming up sometime soon? They should send cena back to SD, I used to like him, but all he can do is the same 5 moves and it gets boring after awhile.

They should send Cena back to OVW so that he stops doing the thug walk in the ring. The only thing left to do with his character is turn him heel. The fans hate him. As for a draft, I can't see anyone who Raw would want, though it looks like Nitro and Melina have already switched brands. Smackdown could definitely use some main event talent, but I can't see anyone at the top leaving for the blue brand.

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 02:49 PM
oh, okay. you remember the teacher who got fired for Moonlighting as a wrestler... he's in the WWE now too

Yeah, and now they've got a teacher gimmick going on in Smackdown with the recently bumped up Michelle McCool. Meh. Striker struck out, and so will she.

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, and now they've got a teacher gimmick going on in Smackdown with the recently bumped up Michelle McCool. Meh. Striker struck out, and so will she.

I was doing some reading... Kenedy returns next week...

and teh Miz is now the 'host' of smackdown

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 03:06 PM
So now even more airtime wasted on non-performers? Thanks Time Warner for not carrying UPN! :p

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 03:06 PM
So now even more airtime wasted on non-performers? Thanks Time Warner for not carrying UPN! :p

i get upn... but i dont really watch unless something big comes up...

Maroon87
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
I used to go to wrestling all the time at the Coliseum in CC. Once a month World Class Wrestling would come to town with the Von Erichs and the Freebirds and all those guys. Later on it was WCW with the "original" 4 Horsemen. The last time I saw wrestling live was when I took my nephew to Wrestlemania at the Astrodome and then a few months later, the post-9/11 Smackdown at Compaq Center. It's a blast for sure...:cool:

Blastoderm55
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I used to go to wrestling all the time at the Coliseum in CC. Once a month World Class Wrestling would come to town with the Von Erichs and the Freebirds and all those guys. Later on it was WCW with the "original" 4 Horsemen. The last time I saw wrestling live was when I took my nephew to Wrestlemania at the Astrodome and then a few months later, the post-9/11 Smackdown at Compaq Center. It's a blast for sure...:cool:

Wow, I would have loved to see those shows with the Von Erichs and Freebirds. :eek:

Maroon87
05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Wow, I would have loved to see those shows with the Von Erichs and Freebirds. :eek:

They were pretty awesome. Of course it was around then that I got confirmation that it was all staged. After watching Terry Gordy and Iceman King Parsons square off in a no-DQ match, I walked out of a convenience store near the Coliseum only to see them drive up together in the same car!:eek: What the hell...it's still fun.:cool: Look at it this way: "Grey's Anatomy" and all those other shows are fake too...:p

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
i managed to see Sting, and the 4 Horsemen in corpus at an EMPTY colessium... needless to say i ran my happy lil but to the front row :)

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2006, 04:20 AM
My favorite staged moment of wrestling was when WCW game to Shreveport for a house show in I think 99..anyway, it was a 6 man match with the likes of The Giant(Big Show), Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, and a couple others...Well right in the middle of the match two things happen that just was so funny.

First, we had seats right next to the entrance where they came out. Well Lex is calling out the NWO, and talking trash, and the Giant comes out and takes the mic, so they are doing their normal talking and stuff, and the Giant is no more than 3 feet away from us, and Lex says something, and the Giant says to Kevin Nash, man he said that to early, what do we do?

The second is even better...Nash throws Lugor into the ropes and then clothes lines him. Nash is about to bounce off the ropes, and Lugor is laying on the mat...right at that time, a fan storms the ring, EVERY wrestler in the ring jumps the poor fan and gets him off the ring. Well after 5 mins, they get order restored, and Lugor goes over and lays down in EXACT spot, and Nash goes back to the ropes, and bounces off.

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Anyone see me on TV saturday at SNME?

Blastoderm55
07-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Anyone see me on TV saturday at SNME?

Didn't watch. Was it a decent show?

AggieJohn
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Dang it, someone please tell me why oh why do men enjoy this farce????? Ok, I'm sure some women do, too.................don't want to seem I'm man bashing here...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i hate wrestling, it's a childish redneckish thing

District303aPastPlayer
07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Didn't watch. Was it a decent show?

nope... a glorified raw with ECW and SD! thrown in

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
No, the raw homecoming was a lot better and there was only one Holy Doodoo moment.

Blastoderm55
07-17-2006, 04:46 PM
ECW has been heinous. They should have let it rest. Gotta admit, seeing RVD suspended because he forgot to leave his gimmick at the office is hilarious.

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I haven't been impressed with the 2 ecw shows I've seen. There is to much talking for an hour long show and only 2 or 3 matches.

I need to find out when TNA comes on, it's the new old ecw.

Blastoderm55
07-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I haven't been impressed with the 2 ecw shows I've seen. There is to much talking for an hour long show and only 2 or 3 matches.

I need to find out when TNA comes on, it's the new old ecw.

Thursdays at 10 on Spike, with a replay on Saturday night. TNA could be great, but they're trying too hard to be like WWE. They hired all their Diva rejects, brought in Christian and pushed him to the moon, and spend far too much time doing promos. With a one hour show, I expect something like the grandness that used to be WCW Saturday Night. They should make it 4 or 5 great matches, and its not as if they don't have an abundance of talent. The X-Division's promise goes without limit. Too bad they create an angle for Samoa Joe to work a bout with Big Poppa Pump who hasn't been in wrestling shape since 99 or so. They need to fire Sting, Steiner, Jarrett, Konnan, BG and Kip, and most of all Nash and focus on the great young performers they have who are busting their butts on the low and mid cards.

District303aPastPlayer
07-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Thursdays at 10 on Spike, with a replay on Saturday night. TNA could be great, but they're trying too hard to be like WWE. They hired all their Diva rejects, brought in Christian and pushed him to the moon, and spend far too much time doing promos. With a one hour show, I expect something like the grandness that used to be WCW Saturday Night. They should make it 4 or 5 great matches, and its not as if they don't have an abundance of talent. The X-Division's promise goes without limit. Too bad they create an angle for Samoa Joe to work a bout with Big Poppa Pump who hasn't been in wrestling shape since 99 or so. They need to fire Sting, Steiner, Jarrett, Konnan, BG and Kip, and most of all Nash and focus on the great young performers they have who are busting their butts on the low and mid cards.

its good to see someone agree with me... long live sunjay dutt

htowntransplant
07-18-2006, 02:10 AM
if i can get my friend to finish my hookup. i will be putting the ring together :D which would be awesome because i would help do that then meet some wreslters

get me that hookup. ill be there once i get off of work...heh jk

Blastoderm55
07-18-2006, 10:19 AM
its good to see someone agree with me... long live sunjay dutt

Sonjay rocks! I'd love to see him in another match against Ki. Not a fan of that spastic arming pumping he does :p but he's a very good performer and the crowd actually gives him a decent pop.

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2006, 04:18 PM
so i just got back from the wrestling arena, and i took some pictures, even though we arent supposed to... i met a crap load of hte wrestlers too... most of them were really cool

Blastoderm55
07-18-2006, 04:33 PM
so i just got back from the wrestling arena, and i took some pictures, even though we arent supposed to... i met a crap load of hte wrestlers too... most of them were really cool

Was Randy Orton walking around singing his theme music or had he already moved on for the next Raw date?

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Was Randy Orton walking around singing his theme music or had he already moved on for the next Raw date?

naaaa randy orton wasnt there, but i did have lunch with Ken Kenedy and Big Show

Blastoderm55
07-18-2006, 04:37 PM
naaaa randy orton wasnt there, but i did have lunch with Ken Kenedy and Big Show

Awesome. What did Show eat?

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Awesome. What did Show eat?

not much... he said, and i quote "im tired of all this ******* ****. i want some real food already"

got up, and left Mr Kenedy to eat with us. After that, Dusty Rhodes walked in, got a drink, and left. Tommy Dreamer and Harvey Whippleman both walked in and ate.

Charles Robinson and Tony Chimell were the guys who were in charge of us. Chimell is a *****ead... yeah... total ass...

Blastoderm55
07-18-2006, 04:44 PM
not much... he said, and i quote "im tired of all this ******* ****. i want some real food already"

got up, and left Mr Kenedy to eat with us. After that, Dusty Rhodes walked in, got a drink, and left. Tommy Dreamer and Harvey Whippleman both walked in and ate.

Charles Robinson and Tony Chimell were the guys who were in charge of us. Chimell is a *****ead... yeah... total ass...

Cool. Did you ask The American Dream to give you the Bionic Elbow? :D

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Cool. Did you ask The American Dream to give you the Bionic Elbow? :D

he didnt look like he was in shape to even lift his own arm without help... but i did say whats up and have brief convo with:

Rey Rey Misterio (without mask)
Undertaker
Brooklyn Brawler
Harvey Whippleman
The Great Khali
Devari
Ken Kenedy
The Miz
Booker T
Bobby Lashley
The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
Tommy Dreamer
Funaki
Batista (By the way, Ken Kenedy accepts his challenge tonight... Batista says he has 7 months of frustration pent up to let out on Mark Henry, but will take it out on Kenedy iNstead. Teddy Long is in the segment too.
JBL (not a big guy)
Gregory Helms (Cool guy)
Brian Hendrick
Paul London
Josh Matthews
Kid Kash
Tatanka
William Regal

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Ashley and Kristal were there too... DANG HOT women

wos fan1
07-18-2006, 05:11 PM
from www.**********.com

Flair vs. Dibiase in Shreveport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm5Kkn5KYlM

Rock N Roll Xpress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFkpGwIhb4Q

Midnight Xpress vs. Fantastics Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzf_zhWghdg

Smokey Mt Wrestling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIno55dIMWE

Freebirds cripple Dr Death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTfW101mzQ

Tully Blanchard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO6I4IQvmaE

Tully vs. Dusty - 1985
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9EaBZr5k8

Gino in 6-man tag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlk_K2Q17JA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbXc-BEovg

This next one is in 2 parts...watch the 1st then 2nd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107cMzI7ayM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlaKMHH79eI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHePoOuNXU

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Young Shawn Michaels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aW8DD3LVxA

Old Ric Flair interview at TBS TV station
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM1_QNETWQM

Bockwinkel vs. Lawler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL3LJMQmKpA

Hotstuff vs. Wildfire Rich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUoxGXkCYbQ

UWF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R6cyIwiILg

htowntransplant
07-18-2006, 05:49 PM

i could get interested in wrestling again if it didnt have all of the backstage skits and constant interferences from irrelevant people in the few matches that DO take place.