PDA

View Full Version : 5A San Angelo Central HC Job

Chris Hart
05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
The 5 finalist were named this evening in San Angelo...

Brad McCoy - Current Graham HC and father of UT's Colt McCoy

Gary Profitt - 3 straight championship games with 2A Goldwaithe in 90s, winning back to back titles

Bob Shipley - Back to back state finalists with Burnet in 02 & 03

Jim Phillips - Waller HC

Steve Heryford - Former Central Defensive Coordinator

:eek:

wyliegrad04
05-30-2006, 08:26 PM
McCoy looking to move again? or he just throwing his name in the hat?

Cameron Crazy
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Well we will see how it goes

Milk That Cow
05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
How good a coach was Bob Bellard?

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Good list of candidates. It will be tough to pick from them.

Adidas410s
05-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
McCoy looking to move again? or he just throwing his name in the hat?
Probably trying to get some leverage on salary in Graham. Then again...I know that not everybody is a huge fan of some his disciplinary methods. Ya know how people don't like to change??? Even if it's for the better...yeah! ;)

GreenMonster
05-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Probably trying to get some leverage on salary in Graham. Then again...I know that not everybody is a huge fan of some his disciplinary methods. Ya know how people don't like to change??? Even if it's for the better...yeah! ;)

I think he wants to move up. Bigger school = Bigger paycheck. I don't necessarily think he wants out of Graham so much as he just wants to move up. If he can move up now then so be it. I can't blame a guy for trying to better support his family.

Adidas410s
05-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I think he wants to move up. Bigger school = Bigger paycheck. I don't necessarily think he wants out of Graham so much as he just wants to move up. If he can move up now then so be it. I can't blame a guy for trying to better support his family.

That being said...is San Angelo really a situation that you want to move your family into?

VWG
05-31-2006, 09:14 AM
The surprise name on there for me is Shipley.
Burnet is a growing community, Burnet is a competitive town that produces good athletes. Shipley is from there... so what gives?

Adidas410s
05-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Burnet is a growing community, Burnet is a competitive town that produces good athletes. Shipley is from there... so what gives?

Plus...it's close to Austin where Jordan (fingers crossed) will be playing for the Longhorns this fall! I also wonder if that is a "leverage" job prospect to increase his compensation in Burnet.

Johnny Utah
05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Coach from Waller has a son who is a stud QB, he might have the inside shot. Goldthwaite coach is a very good one, been in G-town forever. All the rest might just be looking for leverage.

VWG
05-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, McCoy has one up on the Waller coach. He has two kids, one a freshman and the other a senior, who are studs.
I don't see Burnet, Graham, or other schools offering more money for coaches to stay. The way school budgets are nowadays, I can't see districts paying more than what they can or allready have.

Cameron Crazy
05-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He is to much of a people pleaser! And he is to strung up on him self and thinks he is a celeb but he is okay at times!

Adidas410s
05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
He is to much of a people pleaser! And he is to strung up on him self and thinks he is a celeb but he is okay at times!

The kids don't like him because he actually strives to instill some moral fiber in his athletic program as opposed to allow the kids to run amuck and do whatever as is allowed by the parents, faculty, and administration.

VWG
05-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Decision on this job to be finalized by Monday.

Chris Hart
05-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Burnet is a growing community, Burnet is a competitive town that produces good athletes. Shipley is from there... so what gives? Burnet is a growing community and does produce athletes, but the pay for coaches here is not what it should be. I think if Burnet would pay Shipley and his staff what they're worth, he'd be glad to stay here....:(

formermbcouns
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
As a former Central Bobcat a long time ago, I just hope the pick turns out to be a good one.

KTJ
05-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Burnet is a growing community and does produce athletes, but the pay for coaches here is not what it should be. I think if Burnet would pay Shipley and his staff what they're worth, he'd be glad to stay here....:(

I was out in Burnet the other day. Nice new high school yall have there. Hopefully, Gainesville's new high school will look similar.

(minus the bulldawgs and green paint and whatnot.)

Cameron Crazy
05-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Anymore news on Brad Mcoy i heard that he is a top 2 finalist now a friend mine had the San Angelo Times there and it said taht him and some other guy were top 2 finalists