PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A Showdown (COACHING MATTERS)

classof 85
11-02-2001, 10:21 AM
I believe the kids are about 70% of the equation and 30% coaching.That being said i think B.C. will win the game with talent and lose in the coaching department. Coach Barbay has proven year in and year out he is a Excepional coach,coach Conway hasn't shown me squat except that he is a really nice guy who needs to show a little faith in his kids.We have played 8 games so far and I can count on both hands the # of times we have thrown the ball on 1st down.
Defenses stack 10 men in the box and we still believe we have to run the ball.A person would think a coach would learn his lesson by the way Cleveland stopped our run last year.A team can't be one dimensional and win the title or even make it to the title.
I still believe B.C. will win the game but it will be close due to coaching!

Old Cardinal
11-02-2001, 11:40 AM
Boy you said it all----Coach Conway & Coach Elmore are good Christian men but extremely unimaginative on offense=== being out-coached year after year at Center. However, Richard Briggs and Troy Woodall and that young German Coach have good IQ's to utilize for football. Yes, I agree Coach Barbay, Cornell Thompson, Jeff Matthews, Coach Flanegin,etc: could take this talent straight to State. That loss to Cleveland last year was the worst Coaching effort I've seem-while playing, coaching, watching football for 5 decades. The bright side is these lads seem to win with talent anyway.

3Aroy
11-02-2001, 01:06 PM
I don't think that Bridge City will win this one tonight simply because Newton's defense is so good. I will be suprised if Bridge City can score. Newton has held two teams this year to under 50 yards. Both actually had negative yards until the 4th quarter. (Corrigan Camden and Kribyvill [the Kirbyville game doesn't say too much because they have NO offense]) Newton held what is probably THE best offense in 4A (Jasper) to 250 yards. Ozen also has an awesome offense and the were held to 230 yards also. I have heard that Bridge City's offense this year is not good. I hear that they do not throw the ball. Newton, on the other hand, is loaded with recievers this year (led by the big play man Gulley) and they also have an awesome rushing attack led by Joe David.He is in the top ten in the state for rushing yards (3A through 1A). I imagine it will be a good game, but Newton should dominate it.

Old Cardinal
11-02-2001, 01:54 PM
Hi 3A Roy we have enjoyed your competitive friendship. I am sad to say Bridge City has only been intercepted once this year-which in our case is a sad statistic. We have only completed about 40 passes for the year! I looked at an area paper this morning an in the Grid Picks it was 5 for Bridge City and 1 for Newton, so some folks disagree with you. One will jump and shout and one will lick there wounds after tonight; the ability to bounce back for the loser is so important! And the ability to stay focused for post season for the winner is important too. Let's get as far as we can in the post season. It was tough lasts year to see you lose to LaGrange knowing that they probably were the opponent that stood in your way for a State Championship just like 1998.