PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Oil Bowl Rosters Released!

Matthew328
05-29-2006, 12:25 PM
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=547722

Matthew328
05-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I also want to encourage anyone who is able to make the game to please do so..the Oil Bowl has seen some financial struggles, they are doing better now but still it would be an absolute travesty if this game were to end because of no support...its the country's best high school all-star game and the most intense....Oklahoma absolutley hates Texas and they'll do whatever they can to beat us...

wyliegrad04
05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
congrats to all players and especially the 3A players!!

GreenMonster
05-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Anybody and everybody come join me up here in my neck of the woods. We'll have a good time.

Matthew328
05-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I'll be there for sure..have to make sure I eat Pioneer before the game!

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
I boycot the Oil Bowl games since they chose not to select my son as a player.

I'm still mad about it.

GreenMonster
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I boycot the Oil Bowl games since they chose not to select my son as a player.

I'm still mad about it. that's politics Z, gotta let it go. I didn't make the Oil Bowl back in 1995 because one of my teamate's dad was a Shriner. His dad threw a fit for his boy to play in the game but they weren't prepared to allow 2 of us on the roster. I became the odd man out. :( Oh well, I was done with football at that point anyways, more interested in pursuing baseball at the collegiate level.

Jay Tope
05-31-2006, 09:22 PM
I like the number of Region IV players on the Texas squad - that's why we won't cover the game. Meanwhile, we have a player that graduated from 1A Flatonia down here that just signed with the San Diego Chargers...

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
that's politics Z, gotta let it go. I didn't make the Oil Bowl back in 1995 because one of my teamate's dad was a Shriner. His dad threw a fit for his boy to play in the game but they weren't prepared to allow 2 of us on the roster. I became the odd man out. :( Oh well, I was done with football at that point anyways, more interested in pursuing baseball at the collegiate level.

I know it is politics but I'm still mad. That was the year that the Windthorst coach was the head coach. They picked 4 players that my son played against. Vernon beat all four of those teams two of which were QB's my son picked off. Anyway he should have made the team so I now boycot the game. If they ever pick him to coach in it some years down the line then I will go back :-) Until then I'm holding a grudge.

injuredinmelee
06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Have all 3 duggins boys played in the Oil Bowl now?

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Jay Tope
I like the number of Region IV players on the Texas squad - that's why we won't cover the game. Meanwhile, we have a player that graduated from 1A Flatonia down here that just signed with the San Diego Chargers...

Isn't there an all star game in region IV?

Matthew328
06-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I dunno if there really is an all star game for Reg 4 players....

used to the the Oil Bowl was THE all-star game in the state and it was a true Texas all-star team....note how Texas dominated the series for so long..now you have the Bayou Bowl which has Houston and SE Texas players playing Lousiana all-stars...you have the Army All-American Bowl, you have the THSCA All-Star Game and the Oil Bowl which now basically features a team of North Texas players for the most part...not to mention the countless other all-star games...I dunno I kinda have a soft spot for the Oil Bowl since it can get to be a very heated game..

LH Panther Mom
06-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I've been wondering this for a while, but always forget to ask. "Back in the day", the Greenbelt Bowl game used to be a pretty big deal, at least where we lived. Is it still played?

GreenMonster
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've been wondering this for a while, but always forget to ask. "Back in the day", the Greenbelt Bowl game used to be a pretty big deal, at least where we lived. Is it still played?

Indeed it is still played LHPMOM, Fair Park Stadium in Childress is still the home to the Greenbelt Bowl. I believe Iowa Park will send 1 player this year, Dustin Riley.

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes the Greenbelt Bowl is still around. I missed last year but I did see the game played when Brian Love from IP dominated the defense.

The Greenbelt bowl has more local all stars.

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the info, guys. It's been a few years since I've been...okay, more than a few, but had a great time.

Macarthur
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Yes the Greenbelt Bowl is still around. I missed last year but I did see the game played when Brian Love from IP dominated the defense.

The Greenbelt bowl has more local all stars.

Brian Love was a heck of a LB.