PDA

View Full Version : UT the #3 National Seed in NCAA Baseball--The Road to Omaha

KTJ
05-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Our mission to repeat as National Champs has officially begun. The baseball field was released today with Texas being the #3 National Seeed.

Austin, TX Regional
Texas - Host School

#1 - Texas
#2 - North Carolina State
#4 - Stanford
#4 - UT - Arlington

On the other side of the bracket is the following teams. The winner will meet Texas in the Supers to be played at Austin.

#1 - Oregon State
#2 - Kansas
#3 - Hawaii
#4 - Wright State

The Top 8 National Seeds

#1 - Clemson
#2 - Rice
#3 - Texas
#4 - Alabama
#5 - Cal State Fullerton
#6 - Nebraska
#7 - Georgia
#8 - Georgia Tech

Bull Butter
05-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

On the other side of the bracket is the following teams. The winner will meet Texas in the Supers to be played at Austin

Does this mean that Texas has a bye straight to the Supers?

KTJ
05-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Does this mean that Texas has a bye straight to the Supers?

What do you think?

SpreadtheRed
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Texas got beat by Nebraska....they will never get past Clemson or Rice if they make it that far

sahen
05-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Texas got beat by Nebraska....they will never get past Clemson or Rice if they make it that far
its baseball, anything can happen once u get in the tournament, a lot like basketball.....Texas is the national 3 seed, they can beat Clemson or Rice, however it is up in the air if they do or not....

Rice got a tough regional for a national 2 seed....they have both Baylor and Arizona State in their regional, both teams went deep in Omaha last year w/ Baylor losing in the semi's and ASU losing in the finals....If Rice wins their regional and Houston wins the Oklahoma regoinal (which i think is very possible) we will have Rice vs. Houston in the super regionals in Houston, thats kinda neat if you ask me...personally, of course i hope the Bears get it together in the regionals and plays whoever wins the Norman regional (prolly OU or Houston)....

TMer25
05-29-2006, 07:46 PM

So far this year, Texas has beat Rice 9 to 5 in Houston, and 3 to 2 in Austin.

PhiI C
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Go Horns Go!!

Maroon87
05-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I think I'm gonna head over to Rice and catch a few of the games. I went the last time Rice hosted a couple of years ago and it was a blast.

pirateman98
05-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Not my favorite saying, but....

Hook'em Horns!!

KTJ
05-29-2006, 08:42 PM

What ACC team has been a "force" this year? They always rank ACC teams so high and then none of them can make it to Omaha.

We've beaten Rice twice this year. Rice is 0-2 against Texas this season.

Bull Butter
06-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
What ACC team has been a "force" this year? They always rank ACC teams so high and then none of them can make it to Omaha.

We've beaten Rice twice this year. Rice is 0-2 against Texas this season.

This just in.................
N.C. State 6
Texas 3

un b weavable
06-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The winner will meet Texas in the Supers to be played at Austin.

Good call, ha!:doh:

KTJ
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
So I'm guessing those who pointed out my posts are either a.) Aggies b.) sooners or c.) jealous of the successes of the Texas athletic department.

Pitching is suspect for this team and has been all year. Augie will do something over the offseason. And Texas will claim it's rightful spot at Omaha next year--mark it down.

AggieJohn
06-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So I'm guessing those who pointed out my posts are either a.) Aggies b.) sooners or c.) jealous of the successes of the Texas athletic department.

Pitching is suspect for this team and has been all year. Augie will do something over the offseason. And Texas will claim it's rightful spot at Omaha next year--mark it down.

http://www.maximumeyewear.com/productfolder/elvispage/elvis/elvis-sunglasses/thekings.jpg
take em off KTJ, take em off

big daddy russ
06-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
http://www.maximumeyewear.com/productfolder/elvispage/elvis/elvis-sunglasses/thekings.jpg
ROFL.

big daddy russ
06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It gets done to Aggie fans on this board all the time. Eat the crow. Join the club.

KTJ
06-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Take what off?

Are you questioning the athleticism of the UT baseball team? Have you followed us all year?

KTJ
06-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It gets done to Aggie fans on this board all the time. Eat the crow. Join the club.

That's because Texas Agricultural & Mechanical fans a.) dominate this board and b.) have unrealisitc expectations for their teams.

District303aPastPlayer
06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
That's because Texas Agricultural & Mechanical fans a.) dominate this board and b.) have unrealisitc expectations for their teams.

its the holier than thou attitude your posts come across with that people don't like. imo.

KTJ
06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its the holier than thou attitude your posts come across with that people don't like. imo.

If you look at the past of this board, I think that's the pot calling the kettle black. There aren't many Longhorns on this board, and I've just stuck up for my school when 85% of the post come from Aggies. How many times does UT go into some sporting event and everyone on here says "oh, they will lose because of this and that"? That happens more often than not. Should I just sit back and let them say that and not stick up for my school?

Yeah, I was wrong about Omaha, but hey, it happens. When a school has won the NC 2 out of the last 5 years and been to Omaha for upteen straight years, it's a little hard not to get excited.

Wow, a "holier than thou" attitude with my posts? I'm shocked that you think that. I'll be the first to admit when we suck and when we should lose.

pirate4state
06-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its the holier than thou attitude your posts come across with that people don't like. imo. :rolleyes: If thats the case then we wouldn't have a board to visit. I've always enjoyed KTJ posts. Longhorns had a rough weekend. It sucked. I'm sure he expected all this flack, but at least he is here taking it and still dishing it out!!! :D :D

Longhorns will bounce back next year!! :thumbsup:

big daddy russ
06-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
If you look at the past of this board, I think that's the pot calling the kettle black. There aren't many Longhorns on this board, and I've just stuck up for my school when 85% of the post come from Aggies...
Which team do most (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25912&highlight=texas+root)of the posters pull for?

KTJ
06-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Which team do most (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25912&highlight=texas+root)of the posters pull for?

Alabama?

big daddy russ
06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Alabama?
Low blow. LOL.

Bulldog_12
06-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
If you look at the past of this board, I think that's the pot calling the kettle black. There aren't many Longhorns on this board, and I've just stuck up for my school when 85% of the post come from Aggies.

:confused:

You're kidding right?

sahen
06-05-2006, 12:59 AM
honestly i have to admit i was shocked UT got knocked out so early....when i saw their draw i thought they basically had a bye to Omaha, it looked like one of the easier draws in my opinion (not the easiest but one of the easier ones)....baseball is normally predictable when compared to basketball and football, but i think all the Stanford bashing (they really shouldnt have made the tourney with their season but they r really showing up in the post season) pissed them off and made them play way above their heads (or finally to their potential?) during the regional...and N.C. State? where did that come from...anyway, i dont know if Stanford will get past Oregon State to get to Omaha but if they play up to the level they showed this weekend i wouldnt be surprised if they get there (i am not sold on Oregon State though they did win the Pac 10)....

on a side note, last year the Big 12 was great in the tourney but what is up this year? So far Texas and Nebraska the big 12's 2 national seeds r gone, 3 of the 4 1 seeds from the big 12 r gone and the last one is one loss away from being gone (Oklahoma)....even with that of the 8 teams in the tourney from the big 12 only 3 r left....Mizzou and OU are 1 win away from the next round and Baylor is 2 wins away, but all 3 r 1 loss away from being done as well...most likely, going by seeds, OU will be the only team standing in super regoinals since Mizzou is a 4 seed though playing great, and Baylor is a 3 seed and must beat Rice twice in one day to advance...maybe the big 12 will get all 3 into the supers but even then only 2 can advance since OU would play Baylor in the super regionals if that happens.....in my opinion, we have had a really poor showing this year, however if 3 advance tomorrow that opinion can change, but that would really surprise me if it happens....most likely we will see OU advance to play Rice and then get eliminated (barring an upset) and no big 12 teams in Omaha, that is sad, especially considering 3 were there last year....