PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Arrested

District303aPastPlayer
05-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Arenas to police: 'You can't arrest me'

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas and forward Awvee Storey have been arrested on charges of disobeying police.

Storey was blocking traffic in the middle of a busy street when an officer told him to get back to the sidewalk Saturday night, according to police reports. Storey didn't get out of the street, and the officer arrested him and charged him with failure to obey a command.

While police were arresting Storey, Arenas got out of a vehicle and walked toward the arresting officers. According to reports, an officer told Arenas to get back in his vehicle, but he refused, saying he wanted to stand next to his teammate. The officer took Arenas into custody and charged him with resisting without violence.

As Arenas was being arrested, according to reports, he said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."

Both players were then taken to jail for processing.

The Wizards released a statement saying, "We are aware of the situation and, until we have more information, we will have no comment."

The two were arrested as part of a crackdown on disorderly behavior among those who flocked to Miami Beach for Memorial Day weekend.

A total of 557 people were arrested between Thursday morning and Saturday night on Miami Beach. Most arrests were for disorderly conduct and intoxication. During the same three-day period last year, there were 333 arrests.

"We're definitely over from last year," Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said. "We're working a lot more plainclothes officers, so you're obviously going to make more arrests."

Buccaneer
05-29-2006, 11:51 AM
"Don't you know who I am!"

Was Shaq the arresting officer?

big daddy russ
05-29-2006, 03:41 PM
He was arrested for "not obeying an order?" Is this an actual law?

Cameron Crazy
05-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Thinks he is a big shot!! But isnt

Maroon87
05-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I love it when people pull the "don't you know who I am?" card...:nerd:

Adidas410s
05-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

kind of...it's like resisting arrest w/o facing a potential arrest. I'm sure there are others here who can better explain this.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Wow, do you all actually believe that he said that? You know how the media works. I do applaud the guy for standing beside his teammate, though.

PhiI C
05-29-2006, 07:51 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

schu1213
05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
If you have ever seen anything on arenas you would see that he is a hell of a guy so dont be so freakin quick to judge him.

Emerson1
05-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Atleast he was trying to stand up for his teammate, good thing neither of them were "ridin dirty"

Matthew328
05-29-2006, 10:16 PM
LOL!!

District303aPastPlayer
05-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

a couple of weeks ago, a cop pulled over my friend on their way to the store as it was closing. cop told me to stand back while he was at his car, talkin down to me... (short guy, napoleonic complex), and i told him "man, hold up, im gonna get something for my friend, because OBVIOUSLY they cant do it right now" guy looked at me, and i just stood there for a while... watching him.... i didnt get arrested, so yeah...

Cameron Crazy
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Atleast he was trying to stand up for his teammate, good thing neither of them were "ridin dirty"
Like Romance Taylor with a satchel of grass in the back lol (Injuredinmeele)

big daddy russ
05-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
a couple of weeks ago, a cop pulled over my friend on their way to the store as it was closing. cop told me to stand back while he was at his car, talkin down to me... (short guy, napoleonic complex), and i told him "man, hold up, im gonna get something for my friend, because OBVIOUSLY they cant do it right now" guy looked at me, and i just stood there for a while... watching him.... i didnt get arrested, so yeah...
I always question cops. In my experience, most of them use questionable methods to get you to incriminate yourself.