PDA

View Full Version : First Time Skydiver Falls To Her Death!!

ILS1
05-28-2006, 01:00 PM
STERLING, Ohio (AP) -- A first-time skydiver slipped from her harness during a jump Saturday and fell to her death, authorities said.

The 44-year-old woman from West Chester, Pennsylvania, was participating in a tandem jump, her first with the AerOhio Skydiving school near Sterling, about 40 miles south of Cleveland, according to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office.

The victim's name was withheld pending notification of her family.

During tandem jumps, a novice skydiver is harnessed to the chest of an experienced jumper. When the parachute is deployed, the experienced skydiver guides the team to the ground.

A preliminary investigation by the sheriff's office indicated the woman slipped from the harness after the parachute opened.

It is not known how far the woman fell, and the sheriff's office did not release any further details.

A message seeking comment was left Saturday night at AerOhio Skydiving.

Story Link (www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/28/skydiving.death.ap/index.html)

pirate44
05-28-2006, 02:58 PM
how terrible. i used to want to skydive, but i have had a change of heart in the past few years after getting married and becoming a dad. there was a skydiver who fell to his death in Bishop (between C.C. and Kingsville) lsat week. his parachute didnt open, and he didnt get to his backup in enough time.

piratebg
05-28-2006, 04:23 PM
If I were her family, I'd ask for her money money back.

In all seriousness, this is a sad story, but people are warned of the dangers before they jump. I work with guy who jumps almost every weekend, and he hasn't had any accidents..........yet, but he has said many times that he'd rather go down in a sky diving accident than some disease or age. He's a nut.

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 04:33 PM
this is why i will never go skydiving.

the same thing would probably happen to me with my luck.

PPHSfan
05-28-2006, 04:35 PM
I would rather die in a skydiving accident than disease as well. If you have ever known anyone with a terminal illness you would not think your friend is a nut.