PDA

View Full Version : Madisonville 30, Caldwell 13

PISSonU
09-05-2002, 12:24 AM
Caldwell is up to its old "rebuilding year" excuses again. Its freshman team will contend for state in two or three years. They're more loaded than any 11 guys I've seen and could oust most JV teams even this year, but somehow they always get scouted by neighboring maroon-colored schools and lose transfer students (hint, hint....)
If the Hornets get a clue in coming weeks, they could contend for a playoff spot, but would get nailed by Gatesville in bi-district. That's one "Hornets vs. Hornets" game I wouldn't want to see. bzzzzzzzzzzzz............

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-06-2002, 04:32 PM
PISSonU don't jump on the band wagon when the hornent get kinks out of new system. Caldwell looked the best in the first game of the year since cobia has coached them.lots of young players first year on varsity

tog
09-07-2002, 11:57 PM
yeah, nice pick there bandwagon master, ever hear of rowdy yates?

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 12:36 AM
Rowdy Yates? Nope, never. Who is that? Some of this juvenile slang is like ebonics...

football02
09-08-2002, 12:46 AM
I don't know where you get your informaition fromm pissonu but Cameron did not recruit Jeff Paul. He moved to Cameron with his Dad. He doesn't even play football anymore. You need to get your stuff straight.

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 01:19 AM
For starters, yes Jeff Paul DID play football last year because I saw him on the sideline feeling awkward interestingly enough the year AFTER he caught key passes in s 28-24 win over you guys when he played for Caldwell. And I don't buy for one minute that he moved there just to be with daddy. I think you know better, too.
By the way, how bout them Bellville Brahmas? :-)

football02
09-08-2002, 09:30 AM
i said he doen't play anymore- i know he sidelined last year. Bellville has a pretty good team-good luck to them this year.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-08-2002, 10:10 AM
hey football02 if the shoe fits wear it not the only maroon team around.dad not happy with sapp either you can't make D.P. happy

football02
09-10-2002, 09:16 PM
The only reason i said anything is because he is the same "hungry hornet" guy that was talkin about cameron recruitin from caldwell-as for the other stuff you wrote-i can't make it out. He has been talking about it for like 3 weeks now when no one cares. i think he got ROM-again

KillerBee
09-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Cameron has been recruiting outside its school district for decades now. What rock have you been hibernating under? (snicker...)

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by PISSonU:
Rowdy Yates? Nope, never. Who is that? Some of this juvenile slang is like ebonics...

Hardly juvenile. Clint Eastwood played Rowdy Yates on the tv series Rawhide that ran from 1959 to 1966. roll em roll em roll em Rawhide. Since I cant carry a tune, it is a good thing I typed that.

c-town_balla
09-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Whyt would we recrute Jeff Paul? He caught about 2 passes last year wouldn't someone a high school recuted be a star? Caldwell people are jsutlooking for somthing tosay about Cameron....

KillerBee
09-11-2002, 06:36 PM
First off, the Jeff Paul comment was SOOOO five minutes ago! Get over it! Recruiting good players away from other schools can be good strategy to keep him off the field, but his dad was as much to blame there. I'm talking more about players like Oscar Riggins in '81 and many beyond that. It's no secret that Thorndale, Rockdale and Milano have lost players who were swayed into playing Yoe-Yoe. I respect Cameron, yes, because they could win even without some of the recruits, and you play more fair these days than of years ago in the days of Toby York. Elgin is our fighting words, anyway (this is no secret to people on here), but they'll be 4A soon and out of our hair. I'm sure the Caldwell-Cameron game will be a good one and we welcome you guys. You follow your team which is great. We do, too, if we could just win consistently, ya konw? haha...... Anyway, good luck...