PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Jolie Gives Birth To A Girl Named Shiloh

ILS1
05-28-2006, 12:18 PM
WINDHOEK, Namibia - It looks like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt got what every parent wants — a healthy baby. While Namibian officials declined Sunday to give any details on the birth Saturday of Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, a doctor at the hospital said there were no complications and the mother and daughter were doing well.

"She is a healthy baby," the doctor said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release information.

Police ringed the hospital with tight security Sunday, refusing to admit journalists and photographers into the building.

Pitt's publicist Cindy Guagenti announced the birth Saturday night, but said no other information or photographs would be released.

Samuel Nuuyoma, the governor of the Namibian region of Erongo, confirmed the birth at the Welwitschia Clinic in Walvis Bay and seemed to hint that key details would be released shortly.

"Any information relating to the birth of the baby will be made available to the public soon," said Nuuyoma, who has become friends with the celebrity couple.

The government has gone to extraordinary lengths to protect the privacy of Jolie and Pitt, who came to Namibia to avoid photographers and in the weeks leading up to the birth of their first child.

Namibia put tight security around their hotel and the hospital, set up large green barriers to protect their privacy from photographers and refused to grant visas to any foreign journalists unless they had written permission from Jolie and Pitt to cover the birth.

Police have also arrested photographers and confiscated film.

Speculation about the birth escalated Tuesday when Pitt sent an e-mail to the Cannes Film Festival that he was unable to attend the screening of his new film "Babel" because of the baby's "imminent arrival."

In "Babel," directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, the 42-year-old Pitt plays a husband and father trying to cope with a crisis on vacation in Morocco. Cate Blanchett plays Pitt's wife, and the film also stars Gael Garcia Bernal.

"I am tremendously proud of `Babel' and want to congratulate everyone involved for this great achievement," Pitt said in the e-mail.

Jolie and Pitt were linked romantically shortly after appearing together in the 2005 movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."

Jolie, 30, is a frequent visitor to Africa and serves as goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees. She has two adopted children: toddler Zahara, from Ethiopia, and 4-year-old Maddox, from Cambodia. Both had their surnames legally changed to Jolie-Pitt after Pitt announced his intentions to adopt the children as well.

Pitt and actress Jennifer Aniston divorced last fall.

Jolie, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted," is divorced from Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.

Story Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060528/ap_en_ce/people_jolie_pitt)

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Man is brad lucky!:D

pirate44
05-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Man is brad lucky!:D
i dont consider anyone lucky who has to live with someone as crazy as that.

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2006, 04:43 PM
lol well i have to agree with you but she is good lookin!:D

pirate44
05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
lol well i have to agree with you but she is good lookin!:D
haha...but if someone as crazy as billy bob thorton divorced her cuz she was too crazy...well, lets just say, she's gotta be pretty darn crazy

DU_stud04
05-28-2006, 04:54 PM
crazy or not......... man, the possabilities

piratebg
05-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Isn't Shiloh a dog?

SintonFan
05-29-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Isn't Shiloh a dog?
link (http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0211900/shiloh/shiloh.htm)
link2 (http://www.collectorsnet.com/cwtimes/shiloh.htm)

PPHSfan
05-29-2006, 06:57 AM
Which would be tougher?

Having Angelina as your crazy old lady, or John Voight as your father in law?

SintonFan
05-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Which would be tougher?

lol
Do you think Angelina "squealed like a pig" giving birth?:eek:

piratebg
05-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol

No, but she sure has a pretty mouth. :D

SintonFan
05-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Pretty mouth? Ok, have you seen her cameo in that movie "The Black Hole"?

pirate44
05-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Which would be tougher?

yeah, thats scarey:eek:

PPHSfan
05-29-2006, 07:35 AM
lol

Do you ever wonder if it had been John Voight rather than Ned Beatty who had "squealed", would their careers been different. I've always thought poor Ned got stereotyped as a puss after that film. LOL

PPHSfan
05-29-2006, 07:36 AM

Now that's funny.

SintonFan
05-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Do you ever wonder if it had been John Voight rather than Ned Beatty who had "squealed", would their careers been different. I've always thought poor Ned got stereotyped as a puss after that film. LOL
lol
I haven't given that much thought. Check out this LINK (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ned+beatty&btnG=Google+Search) .
I decided to search his movies on google and what came up as the pic next to him? Poor guy indeed!:D

PPHSfan
05-29-2006, 08:07 AM
lol
I haven't given that much thought. Check out this LINK (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ned+beatty&btnG=Google+Search) .
I decided to search his movies on google and what came up as the pic next to him? Poor guy indeed!:D

ROFLMAO.

See, it just proves my point.:D

SintonFan
05-29-2006, 08:10 AM
ROFLMAO.

See, it just proves my point.:D
I would say so...:nerd:

Bandera YaYa
05-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Angelina has turned Pitt into a lap dog. She needed a nanny and he fit the bill. Mark my words, she will tire of him, because he isn't the man he once was.... if he ever was....no strong woman likes to be around such a "yes boy" for long. I'm thinking Aniston will have the last laugh on this one!

Cameron Crazy
05-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Angelina has turned Pitt into a lap dog. She needed a nanny and he fit the bill. Mark my words, she will tire of him, because he isn't the man he once was.... if he ever was....no strong woman likes to be around such a "yes boy" for long. I'm thinking Aniston will have the last laugh on this one!
LOL is there some jealousy coming from you?

Bandera YaYa
05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
LOL is there some jealousy coming from you? Uh....no. Geezzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes: I would never cheat on my spouse. That's just plain tacky and trashy. I have higher standards than that, that's all. I think they deserve one another, but just predicting she'll move on.