PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/Decatur

injuredinmelee
05-27-2006, 11:15 PM
I heard this series will be in Graham. Anyone have a definite schedule?

thewyliefan
05-27-2006, 11:20 PM
i hope its closer than graham....id really love to go to those games

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2006, 12:06 AM
I will be there

GreenMonster
05-28-2006, 07:00 AM
I haven't heard. I do know that the 4A WF Rider and Ft Worth Arlington Heights Series will be held in Graham. If Decatur and Wylie play down there as well it would make for one heck of a chance to see some good baseball.

decatur_eagles
05-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Graham would not be a bad choice except for schedule issues with the potential FW Arlington Heights series.

Graham is about 1:15 from Decatur and probably 1:30 - 1:45 from Abilene.

Graham has a phenomenal stadium!!

thewyliefan
05-28-2006, 04:00 PM
they should just play at McMurry or ACU to make it easy on me haha:)

Adidas410s
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by decatur_eagles
Graham would not be a bad choice except for schedule issues with the potential FW Arlington Heights series.

Graham is about 1:15 from Decatur and probably 1:30 - 1:45 from Abilene.

Graham has a phenomenal stadium!!
it's about 1:15 from both of them. From the south side of Abilene it would be about 1:30. And it never takes me more than an hour to get from Graham to Decatur when heading back to Abilene. This is the ideal location for this game...great facility...should be a good one!

injuredinmelee
05-28-2006, 05:49 PM
It is my weekend to have my kids so I was gonna go stay at PK for the weekend and watch the series but my daughter has her ballet recital sunday afternoon and they have a mandatory rehersal on saturday. Stupid ballet!!! But she loves doing it so I love it too.

RMAC
05-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Rick, let me know next time you come to PK. I work over at The Breakers on the weekends.

injuredinmelee
05-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Do you have a hotel at the breakers or cabins???

If so will you or your boss trade for free golf?? lol

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
go wylie!

did i seriously just post that for everybody to see? :p

injuredinmelee
05-28-2006, 08:01 PM
a closet Bulldog...

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
a closet Bulldog...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM
ITs okay everyone else wants too be a Wylie Bulldog.

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 08:16 PM
ITs okay everyone else wants too be a Wylie Bulldog.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thewyliefan
05-28-2006, 08:20 PM
i know right...who doesnt want to be a wylie bulldog:D

wildstangs
05-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Another impressive showing for district 4-3A. Go Bulldogs.

Adidas410s
05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Another impressive showing for district 4-3A. Go Bulldogs.

I wonder if this, combined with the girls going to the regional finals in softball, will seal up another Lone Star Cup for Wylie???

thewyliefan
05-28-2006, 09:32 PM
i believe it should....but i hope the guys can get it done aginst decatur and do well in the state tournament

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2006, 09:35 PM
I heard this series will be in Graham. Anyone have a definite schedule?
Rider and Arlington Heights will play here Thursday is that when Wylie and Decatur were supposed to play>

Roll'em up
05-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Decatur and Wylie will play game 1 on Thursday at Hardin Simmons University at 7:00. Game 2 and 3 time and location TBA on Saturday...

VWG
05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
If they are playing at HSU for game 1, then my choice would be at Weatherford JC for games 2 & 3. Roger Williams ballpark is a very nice venue for baseball. Close to Decatur and right up I-20 for Wylie fans.

Adidas410s
05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by VWG
If they are playing at HSU for game 1, then my choice would be at Weatherford JC for games 2 & 3. Roger Williams ballpark is a very nice venue for baseball. Close to Decatur and right up I-20 for Wylie fans.

that would be the "logical" decision.

Roll'em up
05-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I hear there was a home and home flip and Decatur won the flip. They will make the decision as to where for the Saturday site.

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 11:17 PM
hmm. if it's at hardin simmons, i just might grace wylie fans with my presence. :D

pero chato
05-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
hmm. if it's at hardin simmons, i just might grace wylie fans with my presence. :D

Hmmm....a Merkel fan rooting for Wylie. Expect a snow delay. lol

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Hmmm....a Merkel fan rooting for Wylie. Expect a snow delay. lol

i know...isn't it crazy?! idk what has gotten into me. i suppose it's because they aren't in our district anymore hah.

pero chato
05-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
i know...isn't it crazy?! idk what has gotten into me. i suppose it's because they aren't in our district anymore hah.

Haven't you heard? We're 5A now.

MHSvarsity2007
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Haven't you heard? We're 5A now.

ooooh yea how could i forget...now yall are 3 classes bigger than us. cause yanno we dropped down to 2A. we all know wylie cheats in their numbers every year anyways. now i suppose yall turned in 5A numbers. :rolleyes: :D

RMAC
05-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
I hear there was a home and home flip and Decatur won the flip. They will make the decision as to where for the Saturday site.

I think that if Decatur gets to pick game(s) 2 and (3), then for no other reason than the way they've hit here, they'll take Graham. I think in 3 games they put up like 20+ runs. In fact, I think it was like 26 or so.

wyliegrad04
05-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wonder if this, combined with the girls going to the regional finals in softball, will seal up another Lone Star Cup for Wylie???

I am pretty sure it will ... because we made it farther than Canyon's softball and baseball and I don't think any of the other teams up near the top can get the points to beat us ... Sandifer told me Friday night he is pretty sure we have won it.

The next update is now. It says May 27th and that includes"
Update #5: May 27, 2006 Includes Golf, Track & Field, Academics, One-Act Play

Wylie did really well at Academics, several team and individual state champions ... and should get maybe a couple of points for track.

Update #6 June 17, 2006 Includes Baseball and Softball

I hope Wylie will get it ... it's a great showing for Wylie no matter what happens ..

Only if tennis was included ... haha

Roll'em up
05-29-2006, 11:37 AM
I personally think Wylie will win the Lone Star Cup this year but I don't think Canyon will be your competition. Decatur has a chance to be 2nd place behind Wylie. The update was supposed to occur on May 27, but it hasn't been updated. Decatur's One Act Play should have received 10 pts. for their State win and those points haven't been added as of yet. Decatur went one game passed Canyon in Softball and Wylie went one more win past Decatur in Softball. Baseball points are tied between Decatur and Wylie so far although this weekend will break that tie. Also, if you look at the following link http://www.uil.utexas.edu/media/lonestar_info.html
the only way a team gets points for academic wins are TEAM district, regional and state wins (not individual). I am not sure how Wylie and Decatur did TEAM wise at the academic meet. As far as Golf, it is considered to be an individual sport as well, so no points awarded to Wylie or Decatur for State Golf...

The same goes for Track and Field...Unless your TEAM places in the top five at the state track meet, no points are awarded because Track is considered an individual sport. It is a really interesting process of awarding points...and the battle isn't over yet..

thewyliefan
05-29-2006, 12:35 PM
im just glad they are playing somewhere close so i can go root for ma boyz and of course heckle the other team:p

Roll'em up
05-29-2006, 01:02 PM
I went through the rules for calculating team points for the Cup which can be found on my previous post. I visited the UIL website and checked point totals. Here is what I have come up with to this point...You are welcome to check my calculations.

Update #4
Canyon 46
Wylie 46
Decatur 38
Barbers Hill 32

Update #5 includes golf, track, academic meet, and one act play.
Wylie received 0 points in golf, 0 in track, and 4 point for district championship in Academic meet, and 0 for one act play. Canyon received 0 golf, 0 track, 4 for district championship in academic meet, and 0 for one act play. Decatur received 0 for golf, 0 for track, 4 for district championship in academic meet, and 10 for state champion one act play competition. Barbers Hill received 0 golf, 0 track, 14 total for academic meet, and 8 for One Act Play.

Update #5 Totals:
Wylie 50
Canyon 50
Decatur 52
Barbers Hill 54

Through Softball and Baseball results to this point:
Wylie Softball 10 points and baseball 12 points
Canyon Softball 6 points and baseball 4 points
Decatur Softball 8 points and baseball 12 points
Barbers Hill Softball 12 points and presently in the State Tournament and baseball 6 points

As of today, if my calculations are correct, these are the totals:
Wylie 72 points
Decatur 72 points
Barbers Hill 72 points
Canyon 60 points

Looks like this weekend's softball and baseball play off series could determine the Cup champion for this year. All schools are very deserving of this honor and should be very proud of their kids.

wyliegrad04
05-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Wylie's social studies or current events team won that state title too ... can't remember which one but I know that Wylie had at least one team that won and others that placed.

Roll'em up
05-29-2006, 02:25 PM
The spring academic meet encompasses many events, just the same as a track meet. Individuals or teams can win these events, but it is the schools overall total amount of points scored at the state meet that matters. Current Events would just be one of the many events at the state meet that would make up their overall point total. In order to receive points toward the Texas Cup your school must have placed in the top 5 overall point total at the state meet. Here are the rules governing academics.

Non-Athletic Competitions
Academics District Championship 4
Regional Championship 4
State Meet
First Place Finish in Overall Team Standings 10
Second Place Finish in Overall Team Standings 8
Third Place Finish in Overall Team Standings 6
Fourth Place Finish in Overall Team Standings 4
Fifth Place Finish in Overall Team Standings 2
event school

wyliegrad04
05-29-2006, 02:49 PM
oh ok ... it all makes sense now. kinda.