PDA

View Full Version : 3A Graham qualifies for State 7 on 7 tourney!

Chris Hart
05-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Graham won their pool in the Granbury SQT with wins over Gatesville, Copperas Cove and Mansfield. They also knocked off Stephenville 40-32 in the semis. Their only loss came to Saginaw Boswell in the championship game. Looks like the new spread offense in Graham is already paying dividends in 7 on 7. Maybe it can translate to more success on the gridiron this fall. That's a very impressive showing by Graham. Congrats and good luck at state!

VWG
05-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Graham won their pool in the Granbury SQT with wins over Gatesville, Copperas Cove and Mansfield. They also knocked off Stephenville 40-32 in the semis. Their only loss came to Saginaw Boswell in the championship game. Looks like the new spread offense in Graham is already paying dividends in 7 on 7. Maybe it can translate to more success on the gridiron this fall. That's a very impressive showing by Graham. Congrats and good luck at state!

Did you happen to see if a tall skinny kid was throwing the ball for Graham?
If it was, it might be the freshman to be Case McCoy.

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Thats what im talking about Go Graham

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Case Mcoy is not allowed to play! The qb is Cody Stansell

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 04:47 PM
And he isnt a freshman he is in 8th grade now he will be a freshman but he isnt as good as Stansell.He doesnt have any clue how to play that kind of intensity ball in the Varsity level

Matthew328
05-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Case McCoy did play along with Chance McCoy from what I understand..

Graham looked VERY good today....very impressed with them!

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 04:49 PM
He played QB?

Chris Hart
05-27-2006, 04:51 PM
I wasn't at the tourney, that was second hand info, but it wouldn't surprise me if the McCoy kid was QBing today...

Matthew328
Graham rotated QB's on each possession

Cameron Crazy
Was it Stansell and Mcoy?

Matthew328
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
I think so..I prolly shoulda asked Coach McCoy when I talked to him...but I know the little McCoy was playing..and I am almost certian he was one of the QB's

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah he is a great qb so is Stansell

Matthew328
05-27-2006, 05:20 PM
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=547704

Full write up

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks matt nice article.

Cameron Crazy
05-27-2006, 05:23 PM
People already here are hyping us to much thinking this is our year to win a state championship im not saying we wont but there are way to many powerhouses out there and they are alot better than us

lostaussie
05-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Yeah he is a great qb so is Stansell

Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
And he isnt a freshman he is in 8th grade now he will be a freshman but he isnt as good as Stansell.He doesnt have any clue how to play that kind of intensity ball in the Varsity level

so is he a great qb or does he not have a clue? you got me really confused:doh:

VWG
05-27-2006, 10:35 PM
No kidding.... I am with you lostaussie.
Cameron Crazy... you live in Graham but I am a little confused on your remarks.
Case McCoy is going to be a freshman, which I put in my post.
The kid can throw and he is a "prototypical" QB. Tall, lanky, and with a good arm... kind of like his oldest brother Colt McCoy who is now at UT.
I think in time we will see McCoy taking over the varsity QB job and let Stansell play another position, just my opinion.
Also... state championship and lots of hype on the Steers for this year? Are you kidding me? Graham wouldn't even rate in the top 10 for Region I right now. I think the water in Young County must be tainted with magic contender pixie dust.

Matthew328
05-27-2006, 11:04 PM
LOL I tell you what though Graham had some kids who could flat out play...they had a RB/DB named Holub and the kid could play....and he had some quick feet...

Graham may be a year or two away but watch out McCoy is gonna get those guys going big time...

VWG
05-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
LOL I tell you what though Graham had some kids who could flat out play...they had a RB/DB named Holub and the kid could play....and he had some quick feet...

Graham may be a year or two away but watch out McCoy is gonna get those guys going big time...

Graham missed the playoffs for the first time in 6 years last year. If I remember correctly, they lost to Iowa Park 14-9 in their last game and didn't make the playoffs. I bet that stung Brad McCoy hard last year. New coach, had some talent although they were young, and missing the playoffs as the new head coach coming in.
If Burk makes the playoffs in district and Graham makes it in, that will put Graham in D-II level. First time that has happened in a long time. They could be a team to watch if things turn out on the offensive side of the ball. I think they have like 5 starters on both sides of the ball coming back. But... they dang sure aren't a state championship caliber team.

Cameron Crazy
05-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes i agree with you we arent going to win a state championship for a good while