PDA

View Full Version : Ruth vs. Posey

whsfan
11-03-2001, 09:47 AM
The two best running backs in district 5-3A are going head to head Friday night in Ballinger. Both teams have perfect records going into the game. Danny Ruth, Caleb Ensor, and the rest of Wylie offense will shred the awesome Bearcat defense.

Wylie wins by 14

[This message has been edited by whsfan (edited November 04, 2001).]

bigdawg
11-03-2001, 10:54 PM

[This message has been edited by BIGDAWG (edited November 03, 2001).]

bigdawg
11-03-2001, 10:55 PM
I think Posey is a good running back, but he lacks experience on the varsity level. True, he's started this season, but Ruth has played in some big time games that Posey may never see, one being the state championship game last December. Ruth has more experience and in my mind he is can run twice as well as Posey. Wylie knows how it feels to play in the BIG games, and this will help throughout the rest of the games they play.

whsfan
11-04-2001, 11:03 AM
I have to agree. Danny Ruth runs with the ball extremely well. There is no doubt he is one of the best running backs in the state. Not just the district. Posey will have his day. Just not this week against the DAWGS.

The DAWGS are starting to take playoff form and will have another big week in Ballinger. Look for Ruth to continue his 10+ yards per carry average again this week. I also expect that Ensor will exploit and light up the Cats defense. The DAWGS should flat wear out the cats.

Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
I think Posey is a good running back, but he lacks experience on the varsity level. True, he's started this season, but Ruth has played in some big time games that Posey may never see, one being the state championship game last December. Ruth has more experience and in my mind he is can run twice as well as Posey. Wylie knows how it feels to play in the BIG games, and this will help throughout the rest of the games they play.

hsguru
11-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Wylies O-line did a great job protecting ensor last week and opening some huge holes for Ruth and Wolfe. Ballinger will bring everything they have. Hopefully the Wylie D-line is up to the task of taking on the blockers and freeing up the linebackers to make plays at or behind the line of scrimmage.