PDA

View Full Version : get 'er done

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Over used or still cool??

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing it!

PPHSfan
05-26-2006, 05:38 PM
It would be funny if Larry the Cable guy were the only one that said it. But when I see two hundred bucks worth of vinyl letters on the back of a 20,000 dollar pickup saying "git r done". It makes me laugh at stupidity.

MHSvarsity2007
05-26-2006, 05:42 PM
"get it done" was used as our football quote one year...needless to say it changed to "git 'er done" by a majority of the HS rather quickly. i've hated it ever since then...and quite possibly before.

AggieJohn
05-26-2006, 05:44 PM
i heard the airforce now wants to use it as their offical motto

HipposGitErDun
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

HMMM,,, Let me think

turbostud
05-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
It would be funny if Larry the Cable guy were the only one that said it. But when I see two hundred bucks worth of vinyl letters on the back of a 20,000 dollar pickup saying "git r done". It makes me laugh at stupidity.
I saw a guy with it tatooed on his arm when I was in South Alabamy this winter. He also had some other flags tatooed on his arm and when I asked him what they meant he said "you have to be a member of a certain secret society to know what those mean."

slpybear the bullfan
05-26-2006, 11:54 PM
"Get er Done" has gone the way of "Rick James, B****!"

lepfan
05-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
I saw a guy with it tatooed on his arm when I was in South Alabamy this winter. He also had some other flags tatooed on his arm and when I asked him what they meant he said "you have to be a member of a certain secret society to know what those mean." What...the stupid society??? A lot of people say that up here....and it sounds so stupid...if they only knew.

BHBrave08
05-27-2006, 09:48 AM
I never did like it for some reason.

Maroon87
05-27-2006, 10:21 AM

It was on the back of our State Championship baseball shirts last year. Actually it was "got er done" but still basically the same...I'm kinda tired of the phrase myself, but I still wear the shirt!;)

pirate4state
05-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It was on the back of our State Championship baseball shirts last year. Actually it was "got er done" but still basically the same...I'm kinda tired of the phrase myself, but I still wear the shirt!;) LOL! My baseball shirt says "State Happens" :D :D

SintonFan
05-27-2006, 12:38 PM

Dagnabit p4s, you posted the wrong spelling for "git er done!" Now you went and legitimatized that saying with your edumacated way of spelling...:(

pirate4state
05-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dagnabit p4s, you posted the wrong spelling for "git er done!" Now you went and legitimatized that saying with your edumacated way of spelling...:( :rolleyes: Well, I think it is STUPID anyway you spell it!

SintonFan
05-27-2006, 02:06 PM
:rolleyes: Well, I think it is STUPID anyway you spell it!
lol
I'll admit I use it sometimes.:o

pirate4state
05-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
I'll admit I use it sometimes.:o

:doh: Remind me to knock some sense into you next time I see you!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

Gobbla2001
05-27-2006, 09:13 PM
It's okay when someone says it regularly, like "Yah, whatever, get 'r done buddy"...

But when they go "GETTTTTTTT RRRRRRRRRRRR DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE" I just want to jump off a skyscraper head first...

SintonFan
05-27-2006, 11:54 PM
:doh: Remind me to knock some sense into you next time I see you!! :eek: :eek: :D :D
I fed 12 relatives fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, grilled shrimp, grilled squash and rosemary-dill potatoes within the last four hours...
so?
I got it dun!:D :p

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
That would be a big NOOOOOOO. :p

GreenMonster
05-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Good gawd, can you imagine? Picture Larry the Cable Guy in one of those cute little flight suits, only his would have a Dickies label, a pouch of Levi Garrett hanging out of the back pocket, and a Copenhagen pocket sewn onto the chest for easy access. His fighter jet would have one of those little Copenhagen spitoons on the dashboard, there would be tobacco juice all over the canopy from misses while inverted, and 2-300 empty beer cans in the floorboard. Why in the world would the Air Force want to project that image??? I guess since the Marines have the Flying Leathernecks the Air Force got jealous and is determined to have the Flying Rednecks.