PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Ingram

Chris Hart
10-29-2002, 11:52 PM
Will Burnet overlook Ingram the week before Liberty hill, and get a scare, or will they be focused and win big. I'll pick Burnet by 21, I think the starters will receive alot of rest this week, so they will hopefully be healthy against Liberty Hill. Go Bulldawgs!!

spaniard
10-30-2002, 12:05 AM
i think that miller will get to play a little this week bc he missed last week. hopefully he will get the chance to make up for the yardage he missed last week.

CentralTxFan
10-30-2002, 12:35 AM
They will be focused and ready to play. One game at a time!!! Burnet by...35! Go get 'em dawgs!!!!!

Old Dog
10-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Looking forward to seeing Patrick step out, but you sure can't grumble about Levens. Not a bad one, two punch is it! The o-line problem seems to have gotten attention, they are looking like a unit....agreed or not? The players are showing quite a bit of poise and they will sure need that down the road. Burnet sure seems to have a fantastic fan following. Does anyone know how many fans typically go to the away games? Seems like a lot to me, especially when comparing to how many visitors come to our house.

CentralTxFan
10-30-2002, 01:31 AM
Seems to me the fan base is huge. It appeared there were more Burnet fans at the Wimberley game than Wimberley fans. But then again, we are in a more confined space on the visitor side. So appearances can be deceiving. Even when we traveled to Austin for the Reagan game it seemed we had more people there. We had quite a few in Marlin as well. Next year when we travel to Bandera we probably need to take lawn chairs because their visiting stands are pretty small. I don't know about Killeen.

I also agree, the O-line seems to be a unit now! They looked pretty good last week. Now Burnet needs to get through this game. Hopefully the backups can get in some playing time.

Old Dog
10-30-2002, 01:48 AM
Some of us will need lawn chairs at Liberty Hill too! A little expansion there sure wouldn't hurt their gate receipts, but I know that adding on is very expensive. As for Killeen next year, they have Buckley Stadium and it's pretty big, but we might have to play there on a Thursday (I'm assuming we play Shoemaker next year)...sorry to get so off base on topics.

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

espn1
10-31-2002, 03:48 PM
Burnet's :D weakest link is the defensive line if we can get a handle on that we can win state. If not we can say by at Sinton. Either way it will be tough to beat Jasper. But we got past Marlin so anything is possible. Marlin the team to watch in D2.

Shotgun73
10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
espn1:
Burnet's :D weakest link is the defensive line if we can get a handle on that we can win state. If not we can say by at Sinton. Either way it will be tough to beat Jasper. But we got past Marlin so anything is possible. Marlin the team to watch in D2.I would really be interested in knowing how you came to that conclusion. Burnet has two of the best defensive ends in the district and two talented sophomores at defensive tackles that are playing lights out. One of the defensive ends was honorable mention all-state last year and the other one was a defensive starter at another position. Both of the sophomores are very talented, athletic kids who are getting better each week. I think that you are off the mark on that statement.

espn1
10-31-2002, 09:19 PM
Its real easy to come to that conclusion, I have missed very few Burnet games in the last 37 years, talk to the coaches and many local football enthusiasts. Don’t get me wrong, I bleed green but any body that follows Burnet should be able to spot our weak areas. Granted like many teams were getting better every week, but G’ville, Bandera, and Wimberley, put up too many yards against us on the ground (I discounted some of the 4A teams). Look at the problems we had with Marlin, we were lucky to get out of there with a W. If we’re to beat a team like Sinton were going to have to step it up to another level. As you know Sinton and Jasper are the real deal. Especially Jasper.

Shotgun73
10-31-2002, 09:50 PM
espn1:
Its real easy to come to that conclusion, I have missed very few Burnet games in the last 37 years, talk to the coaches and many local football enthusiasts. Don’t get me wrong, I bleed green but any body that follows Burnet should be able to spot our weak areas. Granted like many teams were getting better every week, but G’ville, Bandera, and Wimberley, put up too many yards against us on the ground (I discounted some of the 4A teams). Look at the problems we had with Marlin, we were lucky to get out of there with a W. If we’re to beat a team like Sinton were going to have to step it up to another level. As you know Sinton and Jasper are the real deal. Especially Jasper.I guess that you are entitled to your opinion, but it takes 11 people working together to make a defense work. I do not see the front 4 as a week spot on our defense. I see a total defense that is starting to gain a lot of confidence in itself and it is starting to show on the field. I believe that this defense will continue to improve each week. There is no doubt that the competition doesn't do anything but get better from here on out. We may not be at the point that we need to be to play Sinton or Jasper, but I see the Bulldogs heading in that direction. I also think that you are under the impression that it is the front 4's responsibility to stop the run. If you haven't noticed, we play an 8 man front and our secondary is also very active in run support as well. To say that is the front 4's responsibility to control the running game is not totally true.

espn1
11-01-2002, 12:51 AM
I didn't say we had a bad defense. I did say we're getting better every week. I merely said that the front line is probably the weakest link on our team. I'll be interested to see what kind of yardage Burnet holds LH to. One thing I can tell you If Coach Shipley Can't get it done with this team no one can. Rest easy tonight knowing we have God and Shipley on our side. I can't stop thinking that this maybe our year. Just knowing Bob for many years let's me know we'll be ready. God, Family and Football are life with him. So I guarantee he's addressing the defense issue.

Old Dog
11-01-2002, 01:53 AM
It's really interesting to see obvious Burnet fans snipping at one another over their choice of comments. I think we all feel we are witnessing something pretty special coming to a head right before our eyes,and.....most of us are damm nervous about it! All we can do is sit back and lend moral support. It's like being tortured and rewarded at the same time.

2KDawg
11-01-2002, 02:14 PM
hey guys i think all of us being diehard burnet fans we know that we have something very special this year, so we are quick not to critizes but to point out where we might need help only because we are very excited and happy with whats going on in burnet this year. I think that when we will need it we can count on our defense to come thru... i mean yeah we have givin alot of yards this year but the stats dont make up for the scores... we have have played and beat some extremly talented teams this year that continue to dominate. everyone knows burnet is for real and the players and coaches know that they have to be at the top of their game week in and week out to get where they want to be. so with that in mind all our team can do is get better.. and we will continue to see that every week! Good luck tonight, go get em dawgs!