well I'm about to get an oil change then im headin to swater for graduation

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Be careful! Have a good weekend.

TheDOCTORdre
05-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
well I'm about to get an oil change then im headin to swater for graduation
I posted this at 1:03 pm yesterday, I left Odessa at 5:03 pm.

It seemed like a simple enough task, go to Wal-Mart get my oil changed and head to Sweetwater, no problem at all...or so I thought. I got in my car, formerly my borthers car, an 88 grand marquis and head to wally world, that was my first mistake and I blame myself, but noetheless thats where I headed. When I got there the line at the TLE center was like 10 cars deep and I was like f that I'll go for a little joy ride. About 15 minutes into my joy ride I decided to go across town to Advance Kwik Lube to see what they were looking like, even though I knew they were short handed. I pulled up to a red light at the corner of Maple and JBS Parkway and wait for the green light, when the light changed to green I put my foot on the gas and "the hooch' my car died. I try and after a couple of failed attempts to restart it I realize I'm screwed, all the while cars are honking at me like I wanted to be stopped there, what a bunch of jerks. I am not in the right hand lane and pushing that big body grand marquis all by myself of the road is an impossibility especially due to the fact that people in odessa are jerks for the most part. The whole time I am worried a cop is gonna role up and help me and spot my inspired inspection sticker and run my license and see I have an unpaid seatbelt ticket (luckily a cop never came by). I call a church buddy of mine and me and him are able to get the car of the road at the expence of a bunch of strength and hurting my leg. I pop the hood and see that I am a victim of a loose battery cable. After trying to tighten a the nut, which was very corroded from battery acid I finally beat the cable snug. After getting a jump I'm good to get back home at least. One block from home a small dip knocks the cable loose and I'm dead again but able to get the car to the side of the road. After knocking the batery cable snug again I am able to make it home. I called my brother who is out of town and tell him whats up and he happpens to have an extra battery cable in his garage. I get the cable and as get close to the car I step of the curb and roll the hell out of my ankle, and I gave up and cursed loudly. An elderly lady who lives next door was getting her mail and was startled by my scream of rage. I go inside and call my parents and tell them I am not going to be able to make it, as soon as I hang up with them, my phone rings, my friend from Midland who was also going to graduation is running late and is able to hook me up with a ride. After four hours of hell I luck out in getting a ride and got to Sweetwater by 7 giving me an hour to eat shower and get ready.

GreenMonster
05-27-2006, 10:47 PM

It seemed like a simple enough task, go to Wal-Mart get my oil changed and head to Sweetwater, no problem at all...or so I thought. I got in my car, formerly my borthers car, an 88 grand marquis and head to wally world, that was my first mistake and I blame myself, but noetheless thats where I headed. When I got there the line at the TLE center was like 10 cars deep and I was like f that I'll go for a little joy ride. About 15 minutes into my joy ride I decided to go across town to Advance Kwik Lube to see what they were looking like, even though I knew they were short handed. I pulled up to a red light at the corner of Maple and JBS Parkway and wait for the green light, when the light changed to green I put my foot on the gas and "the hooch' my car died. I try and after a couple of failed attempts to restart it I realize I'm screwed, all the while cars are honking at me like I wanted to be stopped there, what a bunch of jerks. I am not in the right hand lane and pushing that big body grand marquis all by myself of the road is an impossibility especially due to the fact that people in odessa are jerks for the most part. The whole time I am worried a cop is gonna role up and help me and spot my inspired inspection sticker and run my license and see I have an unpaid seatbelt ticket (luckily a cop never came by). I call a church buddy of mine and me and him are able to get the car of the road at the expence of a bunch of strength and hurting my leg. I pop the hood and see that I am a victim of a loose battery cable. After trying to tighten a the nut, which was very corroded from battery acid I finally beat the cable snug. After getting a jump I'm good to get back home at least. One block from home a small dip knocks the cable loose and I'm dead again but able to get the car to the side of the road. After knocking the batery cable snug again I am able to make it home. I called my brother who is out of town and tell him whats up and he happpens to have an extra battery cable in his garage. I get the cable and as get close to the car I step of the curb and roll the hell out of my ankle, and I gave up and cursed loudly. An elderly lady who lives next door was getting her mail and was startled by my scream of rage. I go inside and call my parents and tell them I am not going to be able to make it, as soon as I hang up with them, my phone rings, my friend from Midland who was also going to graduation is running late and is able to hook me up with a ride. After four hours of hell I luck out in getting a ride and got to Sweetwater by 7 giving me an hour to eat shower and get ready.

You see Dre, if you were still in Austin at TU you might not have been interested in going home for graduation and none of that mess would have happened to you. It's a sign from the heavens Dre, go back to TU!

SintonFan
05-28-2006, 12:12 AM

If the car died from a loose battery cable then your alternator isn't working. Take it to an Autozone or O'Reilly's and get your battery and alternator checked. Sorry to give you bad news but I'd do this asap...