PDA

View Full Version : Most Unusual 3A Mascot Name

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I am thinking more along the lines of the names that are given to some of the girls teams...cuz we have all heard the school names.

West Columbia Lady Necks...this one really weirds me out for some reason!:thinking:

Graham Lady Blues...man that's depressing! ;)

Any that yall can think of?

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I am thinking more along the lines of the names that are given to some of the girls teams...cuz we have all heard the school names.

West Columbia Lady Necks...this one really weirds me out for some reason!:thinking:

Graham Lady Blues...man that's depressing! ;)

Any that yall can think of? :thinking: I wonder what Progresso calls their girls teams??? The Lady Red Ants?? Now that is weird!! :eek:

Falls City without a doubt is the funniest. Their mascot is the Beaver. :evillaugh :evillaugh

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Falls City without a doubt is the funniest. Their mascot is the Beaver. :evillaugh :evillaugh

ROFL...are you allowed to make that comment??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Uh....the Cuero Gobblers. I mean we
are talking about turkeys here. I guess
the girls are called Gobblettes???

Ranger Mom
05-26-2006, 11:48 AM
:thinking: I wonder what Progresso calls their girls teams??? The Lady Red Ants?? Now that is weird!! :eek:

I think they had some kids at the track meet....the girls were the "beaverettes" I thought.

I think it was me and LH Panther Mom that saw their shirts!

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 11:50 AM
ROFL...are you allowed to make that comment??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p What did I say??? :nerd: :p It's the truth!! I get a big LAUGH when I have to drive through there and see their signs up all over town talking about how they are so proud of their beavers!! :p :D :D

okay i probably won't get away with that one, but I swear it is the Gods honest truth! I don't know who put those signs up, but it was pure genius!!

BullFrog Dad
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
They were changed this year to the Sissies but the Bridgeport Lady Bulls tops anything!

CenTexSports
When I was in school and it was 3a and in Texas, the girls team was the Joeys.

Adidas410s
What did I say??? :nerd: :p It's the truth!! I get a big LAUGH when I have to drive through there and see their signs up all over town talking about how they are so proud of their beavers!! :p :D :D

okay i probably won't get away with that one, but I swear it is the Gods honest truth! I don't know who put those signs up, but it was pure genius!!

take some pictures next time! :D :D :D

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
take some pictures next time! :D :D :D Will do!! :thumbsup: I've thought about and seem to always forget to bring my camera along. I need a cell phone w/ a camera...:thinking:

IHS Fan
05-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Falls City without a doubt is the funniest. Their mascot is the Beaver.

the best football sign i've seen was at a falls city playoff game. the other teams sign said DAM THE BEAVERS

pirate44
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
Falls City without a doubt is the funniest. Their mascot is the Beaver.

the best football sign i've seen was at a falls city playoff game. the other teams sign said DAM THE BEAVERS
thats hilareous :D

Bullaholic
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
If Trent, which is 6-man, has girl's athletic teams would they be the Lady Gorillas?

How about Springtown (Porcupines) in 4A---is their drill team known as the "Porkettes" and their other teams the "Lady Porkys"? (Of course, I know better---no disrepect intended to Springtown's ladies.) :D

Bullaholic
05-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
They were changed this year to the Sissies but the Bridgeport Lady Bulls tops anything!

We were just trying our best to be "politically correct" in our modern society. :D I have campaigned for years to get the girl's teams names changed to the Bullettes, but always got shot down.

Gobbla2001
05-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Actually the girls teams in Cuero are called the Lady Gobblers.... that is an oxymoron...

neck_94
05-26-2006, 12:29 PM
here are some I find unsusal

Sundown Roughnecks
White Oak Roughnecks
West Columbia Roughnecks... wait a minute

Yellowhammers
Whirlwinds
Hippos

and I swear...its true

Beaver Oklahoma ... (drum roll please)

The Beaver Dusters

Gobbla2001
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by neck_94

The Beaver Dusters
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :eek:

44INAROW
05-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by neck_94
here are some I find unsusal

Beaver Oklahoma ... (drum roll please)

The Beaver Dusters

Just think how creative the "run-through" signs could be............

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Just think how creative the "run-through" signs could be............ :eek: :eek: http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif
bustin' through...

Cameron Crazy
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Brideport sisses lol now thats a depressing name!

big daddy russ
05-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
When I was in school and it was 3a and in Texas, the girls team was the Joeys.
Is that Weatherford?

44INAROW
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
:eek: :eek: http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif
bustin' through...

busting the beavers ROFL ROFL........... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :nerd:

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
busting the beavers ROFL ROFL........... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :nerd: :eek: :eek: LMAO!! :evillaugh

SintonFan
05-26-2006, 03:10 PM
What did I say??? :nerd: :p It's the truth!! I get a big LAUGH when I have to drive through there and see their signs up all over town talking about how they are so proud of their beavers!! :p :D :D

Yeah, I go through there quite a bit and it's hard not to chuckle.:D

Ray_BearKat
05-26-2006, 05:14 PM
In the 1920's the Raymondville used to be known as the Bubble Bees...