05-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Good run by the district!!
Bellville Softball 4 rounds deep.
Columbus Baseball 4 rounds deep.
Hempstead State runner up in Track.
Bellville Baseball 2 rounds deep.
Sealy Softball 3 rounds deep.
Rice Basketball 2 rounds deep
Hempstead Boys Basketball 3 rounds deep.
Hempstead Girls Basketball 2 rounds deep.
Someone help me with this list im sure I missed something!!!

And one State Champ, Bellville in Vollyball.

seasick4
05-26-2006, 09:10 AM
yeah you missed something.. Rice DOESNT get any respect. Two rounds deep in the playoffs in boys basketball. Playoff appearances in football(lost to state finalist Hutto), volleyball, girls basketball, boys basketball, a ton of regional qualifiers in track and a few in the state meet, district champs in cross country..I would say that is a pretty good showing for a school that has 2A numbers in a 3A district....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by seasick4
yeah you missed something.. Rice DOESNT get any respect. Two rounds deep in the playoffs in boys basketball. Playoff appearances in football(lost to state finalist Hutto), volleyball, girls basketball, boys basketball, a ton of regional qualifiers in track and a few in the state meet, district champs in cross country..I would say that is a pretty good showing for a school that has 2A numbers in a 3A district....

Sorrie I missed the Boys BB 2rounds, and I have only put things on here that have mad it past the 1st round, this is not a play-off appearances tread, if so it would be to long. If your sport won in the 1st round of the play-offs, this tread is for you.
So the only thing I missed for Rice was the Boys Basketball, 2 rounds deep!!!

HPLJ6L
05-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Hempstead Bobcats

Football - 1st round playoffs (vs. Yoe) ...oops just read other post, but we all lost in the first round so.
Boys Basketball - 3 rounds playoffs; district champs
Girls Basketball - 2 rounds playoffs; district runner ups
Track - runner up district meet; won regional meet; runner up state meet

44INAROW
05-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Hempstead Bobcats

Football - 1st round playoffs (vs. Yoe) ...oops just read other post, but we all lost in the first round so.
Boys Basketball - 3 rounds playoffs; district champs
Girls Basketball - 2 rounds playoffs; district runner ups
Track - runner up district meet; won regional meet; runner up state meet

Hempstead is going to be a major contender in 2A next year for sure. Along with Rice and Hallettsville, 2A is going to be very competitive for sure:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info on Hempstead, and once again this is not an tread for just making the play-offs, you must make it past the 1st round.

neck_94
05-26-2006, 09:57 AM
i would say that was a pretty well represented district, good job

scotty
05-26-2006, 07:34 PM
A Sealy girls was the 3A state medalist in golf, somehow can't remember her name, sorry.

Brahma73
05-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I believe Bellville girls did well in tennis. I think Nevins sisters went down the road a way. Can't remember how Bellville did in golf, but it seems like the girls might have gone somewhere there, too.

baseballmom
05-27-2006, 10:12 AM
The 2 ladies (Alli Menke and Hannah Stavinoha) from Columbus took STATE in their weight divisions in powerlifting. 1 lady (Haley Henneke) took 2nd in her division at the STATE level. And, the team of 3 took home the STATE team trophy.

Just to add to the awesome district listing of accomplishments.

Way to go athletes.

Good Luck Seniors of 2006!!!!!!!!

KL3
05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Bellville girls made it to state in team tennis, and Nevins twins made it to state in doubles. Bellville girls golf finished 6th at state tournament I believe.

coach_in_red
05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
One of the top districts in 3A......
I think it is safe to say that each school has its own accomplishments to be proud of. Congrats to all students who participate in xtra curric activities.

Best of Luck to the seniors and to the schools of 20-3A who will go seperate ways but will remain tough in whatever district you have been assigned.:cool: