PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/West

Snyder_TigerFan
05-25-2006, 08:43 PM
9-4 going into the bottom of the 6th. West is on top. Wylie fixing to bat.

Snyder_TigerFan
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Wylie has made it a ball game. 9-8 going into the top of the 7th.

Snyder_TigerFan
05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Wow, Wylie pulls it out, 10-9.

GWOOD
05-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Dramatic finish gives Wylie win
By Denver Doggett / Special to the Reporter-News
May 26, 2006

STEPHENVILLE - After the Wylie High School baseball team dug itself into 9-2, fourth-inning hole in the first game of its Region I-3A series against West on Thursday afternoon, it looked to be all over.

It wasn't.

The Bulldogs scored eight runs in the last three innings, pulling out an improbable 10-9 win over the Trojans.

Mason Macnool, who had two hits and scored twice, did the final damage when he drove in Landon Lindley's winning run in the bottom of the seventh. Lindley, who came in to relieve Chase Davis on the mound in the fourth, was credited with the win.

''We talked about keeping our poise throughout the game,'' Wylie coach Clay Martin said. ''I'm proud of them for hanging in there and believing in each other.''

The Bulldogs were plagued with misfortune from the outset. The first three West batters hit routine ground balls but all three were mishandled, giving the Trojans a run and two on base. An unplayed dribbler to the left, a walk, a sacrifice fly and a hard liner over third cleared the bases and gave West a 5-0 lead.

Wylie countered with a run in its half on the inning when Macnoll walked and scored on a series of wild pitches and passed balls. The Bulldogs got another run in the third when Spenser Davis tripled home Blake Lemen.

It looked grim when the Trojans parlayed back-to-back doubles by Heath Hanzlicek and Michael Morrison into four more runs and a 9-2 lead, but the Bulldogs weren't finished. Lemen launched a massive two-run homer to right in the fifth and set the stage for a sixth-inning surge that cut the score to 10-9, setting things up for the dramatic finish.

''This was a tough win, but we have to remember this is a series,'' Martin said. ''In a couple of days we've got another game.''

The series will continue Saturday afternoon with the second game getting underway at 4 p.m. The third game, if necessary, will follow.

Wylie 10, West 9

West 500 400 0-9 5 1

Wylie 101 024 2-10 9 5

Stetson Taylor, Chase Davis (4), Landon Lindley and Heath Hanzlicek. Scott Neill and Greg Johnson. WP - Lindley. LP - Neill. 2B - West: Michael Morrison, Clint Cuodej; Wylie: Mason Macnoll. 3B - Wylie: Spenser Davis. HR - Wylie: Blake Lemen.

Records - Wylie 23-7, West 17-12.

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 08:33 AM
wow...nice comeback!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
05-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I heard this was one heck of a comeback. Wish I could have made this one.

Tiger Baseball
05-26-2006, 03:56 PM
good job dawgs:evilgrin: