PDA

View Full Version : Gunshot Wounded Rapper Leaves Hospital

ILS1
05-25-2006, 05:08 PM
PHILADELPHIA — Beanie Sigel, the popular rapper who has been shadowed by his violent past, was wounded by gunfire during an attempted robbery early Thursday.

The holdup was attempted around 7 a.m. by five males traveling in two cars, but there was some confusion about where the shooting took place, police said.

The 32-year-old rapper spent a few hours at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania before leaving around 11:40 a.m. Thursday in a wheelchair, wearing a hospital gown, blue jeans and a blanket over his head. He also had a bloodstained towel on his right shoulder.

After getting into a black Mercedes, Sigel lowered the car window and said, "I got shot. I'm cool."

Moments later, he pulled his hospital gown aside and showed a bandage on his left shoulder to reporters. His left arm was in a sling and his left hand was bloody, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported on its Web site.

Sigel, born Dwight Grant, was released from federal prison in August after serving a year on a gun charge and was acquitted of attempted murder the following month. He was also briefly jailed in November for failure to pay child support.

His three albums — "The Truth" in 2000, "The Reason" in 2001 and last year's "The B. Coming" — each hit the top five on the Billboard album chart.

Story Link (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/Recordings/Music_Beanie_Sigel_Shot.html)

injuredinmelee
05-25-2006, 05:23 PM
how many inches to the left should they have hit i wonder?

injuredinmelee
05-25-2006, 05:24 PM
It is absolutely wrong to portray this type of lifestyle as acceptable or typical.

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:07 PM
its also wrong to criticize another person's means of making a living. He is a rapper, big deal. Only reason it makes national media is because he is famous. People get shot in robberies everyday... should they stop being doctors and driving expensive cars?

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm confused. Who exactly was attempting to rob? Did he get shot while trying to rob someone else? Or was someone trying to rob him and he got shot? :confused: :confused:

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm confused. Who exactly was attempting to rob? Did he get shot while trying to rob someone else? Or was someone trying to rob him and he got shot? :confused: :confused:

it appears he got shot in a botched robbery attempt...

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
it appears he got shot in a botched robbery attempt...
So he was attempting to do the robbing? If that's the case, ARE THE POLICE STUPID? Why is this dude not in jail?

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:25 PM
So he was attempting to do the robbing? If that's the case, ARE THE POLICE STUPID? Why is this dude not in jail?

he was being robbed

Emerson1
05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
So just because he is a rapper you are gonna assume it was him doing the robbing?

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he was being robbed
Okay, now I understand. :doh:

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 08:30 PM
That article was poorly written IMO and was very unclear to who was being robbed and who was the robber.

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So just because he is a rapper you are gonna assume it was him doing the robbing?
No, I wasn't assuming anything. I asked the questions because it made no sense....and the first answer didn't unconfuse me. :p

Brahma73
05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I can't believe we're assuming the worst about this pillar of society!

injuredinmelee
05-26-2006, 08:37 AM
this pillar of society is constantly being arrested for gun possesion and gun play. They promote violence in their music and push voilence and breaking the law in their "music". That is the problem I have with the entire thing. It is not okay. Its not a lifestyle that is condusive to being a productive member of society.

STANG RED
05-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
this pillar of society is constantly being arrested for gun possesion and gun play. They promote violence in their music and push voilence and breaking the law in their "music". That is the problem I have with the entire thing. It is not okay. Its not a lifestyle that is condusive to being a productive member of society.

Amen Brother!!! Preach On!

RiverRat19
05-26-2006, 09:44 AM
I agree with injuredinmelee! Music that promotes (and musicians who live) a violent or abusive lifestyle should not have their "music" out there... Where is the good in that besides making money for these "artists", their hangers-on and the promoters? How is producive and helpful to society?

neck_94
05-26-2006, 09:55 AM

yep

that is all "they" (meaning rappers) sing about or what ever you call that

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 10:04 AM

His having been found guilty on a gun charge as well as being charged with attempted murder makes it hard for one not to assume that he was involved in the robbery as well.

injuredinmelee
05-26-2006, 10:14 AM
i got my windows media player jamming out to '80's music. Everyone should be this lucky. 1Club.fm wow I am old.

District303aPastPlayer
05-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
His having been found guilty on a gun charge as well as being charged with attempted murder makes it hard for one not to assume that he was involved in the robbery as well.

he was exonerated of all attempted murder charges...

Brahma73
05-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Hey injured, just to be sure you DID catch the heavy sarcasm in my "pillar' comment, right?

If these thugs are robbing us at gunpoint, they're robbing our naive kids at Best Buy to the tune of $17.95 a pop.

shadow13
05-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by neck_94
yep

that is all "they" (meaning rappers) sing about or what ever you call that I do not listen to rap music or country & western music or whatever you call that,and it would not be right for me to put down either ,just because I don't like it. YOU PEOPLE ! that's right it doesn't sound good does it. Let's try to keep our personal thoughts about different cultures off of the downlow. By the way heavy metal is no different than rap,just don't listen to it if you don't like it and turn over a new leaf in life and stop trying to judge everyone else and just live your life.

shadow13
05-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
I agree with injuredinmelee! Music that promotes (and musicians who live) a violent or abusive lifestyle should not have their "music" out there... Where is the good in that besides making money for these "artists", their hangers-on and the promoters? How is producive and helpful to society? Should Walmart and places like that, be shut down for selling music or for selling guns?

shadow13
05-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
Should Walmart and places like that, be shut down for selling music or for selling guns? And which is worse being able to walk into a store and buy uncensored music or buying alcohol.