PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Cuero

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Who has the "more vocal" posters...Sinton baseball or Cuero football?

pirate44
05-25-2006, 01:18 PM
i dont think any Sinton posters have been banned for rooting on their team. so i pick Cuero :D

Buccaneer
05-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Cuero has much more vocals.

big daddy russ
05-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I concur. Do you concur?

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I concur. Do you concur? I concur.

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Cuero has much more vocals.

I've been behaving :D :D Of course, it's only MAY ;)

piratebg
05-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Cuero fans are more vocal, easily. They are awesome. Our fans just don't compare, as a whole.

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've been behaving :D :D Of course, it's only MAY ;) I don't think anyone has been out of line...Adidas is just trying to make waves! :nerd: :D But I get to boost my post count so it's all good!! :thumbsup:

What happened to the turkey jockey?

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Cuero fans are more vocal, easily. They are awesome. Our fans just don't compare, as a whole. :( This is true. Heck, that "GO MEAN GREEN" guy kicks our a$$ all by himself! :eek:

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

What happened to the turkey jockey?

The turkey jockey is taking a summer hiatus from the Downlow. He's in training. He's doing early morning weight-lifting and running short sprints in the late evening. He'll most likely make his return appearance about the time 2 @ days start. He's hoping to bulk up some and add some muscle tone too :p

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
The turkey jockey is taking a summer hiatus from the Downlow. He's in training. He's doing early morning weight-lifting and running short sprints in the late evening. He'll most likely make his return appearance about the time 2 @ days start. He's hoping to bulk up some and add some muscle tone too :p

And we thought he was fast this time around...pretty soon he'll be running the 100m dash in about 7.5 seconds.

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh and to clarify on this post...obviously outside of the DL Cuero would have more fans at a football game than Sinton would at a baseball game.

This thought came up after opening up any playoff baseball thread and 1/3 of the replies say "Go Pirates", "Good Luck Pirates," etc...heck go click on the baseball playoff sticky at the top and read the last 4 or 5 replies...crazy stuff! :)

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Oh and to clarify on this post...obviously outside of the DL Cuero would have more fans at a football game than Sinton would at a baseball game.

This thought came up after opening up any playoff baseball thread and 1/3 of the replies say "Go Pirates", "Good Luck Pirates," etc...heck go click on the baseball playoff sticky at the top and read the last 4 or 5 replies...crazy stuff! :) Baseball in general doesn't attract as many fans as football, but here in Sinton, with our rich tradition, we have quite a huge following. :)

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM

This thought came up after opening up any playoff baseball thread and 1/3 of the replies say "Go Pirates", "Good Luck Pirates," etc...heck go click on the baseball playoff sticky at the top and read the last 4 or 5 replies...crazy stuff! :)

and to clarify what I was saying the 2nd time trying to clarify on the 1st time...

I was referring strictly to the posters on the downlow!

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:14 PM
and to clarify what I was saying the 2nd time trying to clarify on the 1st time...

I was referring strictly to the posters on the downlow! Thanks for clearing that up! :rolleyes: :D Wouldn't it be fun to have a "cheer off"?? No? okay. :D

Buccaneer
05-25-2006, 02:20 PM
We cant compete with vocals like schu and rotex. Nor do we care to.

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks for clearing that up! :rolleyes: :D Wouldn't it be fun to have a "cheer off"?? No? okay. :D
Speaking of cheers - "We're the cheerleaders of '72. We don't smoke, drink and SC**W, We just hang around those who do" ....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

**Is it August yet? :rolleyes: :nerd: :)

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Speaking of cheers - "We're the cheerleaders of '72. We don't smoke, drink and SC**W, We just hang around those who do" ....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

**Is it August yet? :rolleyes: :nerd: :) :eek: ROFLMAO!! OMG - water everywhere...thanks alot! :hand: :D

piratebg
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM

Don't even get me started on this statement. Its funny though. :clap:

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 02:27 PM

As opposed to these days where that cheer would be "we are the ones who do!" from many high school kids...

big daddy russ
05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Speaking of huge baseball followings, anyone here ever been to a Robstown game?

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Speaking of huge baseball followings, anyone here ever been to a Robstown game? Those fans are crazy scary!! Best advice ... if you beat them, haul butt out of there!!! :eek:

piratebg
05-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Those fans are crazy scary!! Best advice ... if you beat them, haul butt out of there!!! :eek:

I hear that. When me and Aaron were in 8th grade, there was a drive by right by the football stadium during the game. Scary place if your not careful.

That and they like to throw things at opponent's buses.

big daddy russ
05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Those fans are crazy scary!! Best advice ... if you beat them, haul butt out of there!!! :eek:
When I worked for Channel 10, I'd always show up a little early to hang out with all the tailgaters. That was crazy. I'd be walking through the parking lot right before a trash game against some weak team and everytime the bleachers were standing room only. People would line up on the other side of the road and sit on the roofs of those houses to watch the game. The ones who didn't tailgated and brought their deer blinds with them. They'd set those blinds up against the outfield fence and watch from there.

Calallen was the craziest. I remember the first time I had ever been to a Robstown/Calallen game, I was in the parking lot eating some ribs when one the family of one of my exes (one of my HS girlfriends-- from Calallen) walked by and noticed me. They started to come over to say hi, but the guys around the pit didn't like those Wildcat shirts too much. I had to beat them back with my camera just to say hi to some old friends. :D

Good times.

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
That and they like to throw things at opponent's buses. :foul: And vandalize cars!! Leave it to Robe. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
GO Pirates? is it ok in this thread? Didnt Sinton set a attendance rec for a 3a state tournament game in the 88 or 89 game

SintonFan
05-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
GO Pirates? is it ok in this thread? Didnt Sinton set a attendance rec for a 3a state tournament game in the 88 or 89 game
Only if it was against Burnet!:D

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:10 PM
i saw cuero's football team play 3X last year... and the GO MEAN GREEN guy gave me a scare or two. . .