PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's new college football reality show this fall!!!

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 10:10 AM
AHS QB Taylor Potts to be on ESPN

Potts is one of six athletes selected for the show after a nationwide search

By Reporter-News staff
May 25, 2006

ESPN-TV plans to feature Abilene High School's standout quarterback Taylor Potts on a show that will air at the beginning of the college football season.

''They interviewed me yesterday,'' Potts said Wednesday. ''They also talked to my parents, my coach and my friends.''

He was one of six athletes selected for the show after a nationwide search. The young football players were chosen because they are considered to have the potential for professional careers, he added.

Part of the show will be shot in Chicago this month where the six players will compete in a series of athletic contests, he said.

''The winners will get prizes, like the winners will go out to dinner with a pro athlete,'' Potts said. ''They can't give us money because of NCAA rules. I'm pretty excited. It's pretty neat.''

Potts will play for Texas Tech University this fall on a scholarship. At Abilene High this season, the senior signal caller led the Eagles into the playoffs and a 12-1 record while passing for 2,990 yards.

Copyright 2006, Abilene Reporter News. All Rights Reserved.

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 10:11 AM
he will ATTEND TTU on a scholarship... i thought harrell had the startin job

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he will ATTEND TTU on a scholarship... i thought harrell had the startin job

he does...but Tech brings in a new QB every year...and then roll them off the line after 4 or 5 years ready to play! Then their are exceptions like Harrell...

wyliegrad04
05-25-2006, 10:23 AM
glad to see Potts get in the spotlight a little ...

maybe ESPN just likes Abilene ... In the TV show "Knight School" Kody Brown from Wylie was one of the last 8 (i think? maybe 12 ...)