PDA

View Full Version : Dre's Summer Job

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
A few weeeks ago I made the comment that life after Wal-Mart included New Mexico, well let me clarify exactly what that meant. During Easter weekend my brothers youth group went on a retreat to Aspendale Baptist Encampment about 5 miles outside of Cloudcroft New Mexico, while there the camp director mentioned to my brother that he was hiring for the summer. After a few phone calls and an interview I was given the oppurtunity to take a position on the camp staff for the summer which I gladly excepted. From June 1 until July 31 thats where I will be living and working. Needless to say my DL time will be cut down significantly but I think it will be worth it.

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 09:55 AM
good to hear you are being productive in the summer time. There are a lot of people who get out of school and do nothing...it's a shame! Congrats on the new job! :thumbsup:

big daddy russ
05-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Congrats, Dre. I wish you all the best.

Originally posted by Adidas410s
good to hear you are being productive in the summer time. There are a lot of people who get out of school and do nothing...it's a shame! Congrats on the new job! :thumbsup:
That's why those kids have a harder time getting a job afterwards. You have to make contacts while you're in school, and you can't do it sitting on your butt at home. I've had friends who have waited a couple of years after school for their first callback, and that's usually because they didn't do anything to establish an identity in their profession before they left school.

AggieJohn
05-25-2006, 10:42 AM
working at camp during summer is how i met my wife

CenTexSports
05-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Were you 18 and she 13?

Cameron Crazy
05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Were you 18 and she 13?
Now thats funny!:clap:

AggieJohn
05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Were you 18 and she 13?

22 and 25

SintonFan
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
A few weeeks ago I made the comment that life after Wal-Mart included New Mexico, well let me clarify exactly what that meant. During Easter weekend my brothers youth group went on a retreat to Aspendale Baptist Encampment about 5 miles outside of Cloudcroft New Mexico, while there the camp director mentioned to my brother that he was hiring for the summer. After a few phone calls and an interview I was given the oppurtunity to take a position on the camp staff for the summer which I gladly excepted. From June 1 until July 31 thats where I will be living and working. Needless to say my DL time will be cut down significantly but I think it will be worth it.
Congrats Dre!
Did you list your position as DiREctor of PR for the Detroit Pistons on your resume?

mustang04
05-25-2006, 01:44 PM
camp counselor dre.....nice ring to it!

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Sounds pretty cool! Have fun!! :)