PDA

View Full Version : Bandara County (where Bandara Yaya lives) has Texas' youngest County Auditor!

Phil C
05-25-2006, 09:22 AM
She is only 23 and may be the youngest County Auditor ever appointed to that office in the State and maybe in the nation. This created a sensation at the Spring County Auditor's Instititute in Austin sponsored by the UT LBJ School of Public Affairs (where yours truly had the honor of giving a 1 1/2 hour lecture! ;) ). We wish her the best and hope she has a long term service in that capacity both to her County and the Texas Association of County Auditors. Interesting and wonderful news indeed.

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Way to keep us informed Phil

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
This created a sensation at the Spring County Auditor's Instititute in Austin sponsored by the UT LBJ School of Public Affairs (where yours truly had the honor of giving a 1 1/2 hour lecture! ;) ).

Wait...somebody gave you a mic and an audience for 90 minutes??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Did you discuss your love of all things UT, VY TCM/TMC, and PC??? ;) :p

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Wait...somebody gave you a mic and an audience for 90 minutes??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Did you discuss your love of all things UT, VY TCM/TMC, and PC??? ;) :p :thinking: I wonder if he yelled at them to KEEP THEIR COMPOSURE? :D :D

raider red 2000
05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION :)

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: I wonder if he yelled at them to KEEP THEIR COMPOSURE? :D :D

What he did made Will Ferrell's "Old School" tirade look like friends having a nice conversation!

AggieJohn
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM
show some compassion again

Phil C
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Carl Smith of Harris County (Houston) may have held public office longer than any person in the State or Country because he was the Tax Assessor-Collector of that County for 51 years starting in 1947 until his death in 1998 at age 89.
Davis Vickers of Sinton held that same position for many years in San Patricio County. He was Tax Assessor-Collector for many years and also worked in that office before getting elected when his former boss retired. I think he served our County for 54 years (and it would have been more but he served our Country in the military during WW2). These 54 years may be a record.
The Bandera County Auditor has also served her Country several years before being appointed but she is very young and has a chance to break those records above.
Interesting possibilities indeed.

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 09:58 AM
GO LADY PIRATES!!!

:D :D

Phil C
05-25-2006, 01:32 PM
County Auditors are appointed for two year terms by the County's District Judge or Judges.

Phil C
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I know one of the Couty Auditors that played football in college and even once in practice caught some passes by the great Terry Bradshaw. :eek: