PDA

View Full Version : Duke Lady Lax Team "Innocent" bands

piratebg
05-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Duke's women's lacrosse team plans to wear 'Innocent' sweatbands to support men's team

DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- In a show of solidarity with the Duke University men's lacrosse team, members of the school's women's team plan to wear sweatbands with the word "Innocent" written on them.

The university canceled the rest of the season for the highly ranked men's team because of a woman's complaint she was raped in March at a team party where she had been hired to strip.

The women's plan to wear sweatbands on their arms or legs was reported Wednesday by The Herald-Sun of Durham. The teams plays Northwestern in the NCAA semifinals Friday.

"We want to win a national championship for ourselves, but definitely also for the university and the men's team," junior Leigh Jester told the newspaper. "They don't really have a chance to play their season, which is a shame."

The women also invited former men's lacrosse coach Mike Pressler to speak to the team after a practice Tuesday. Pressler resigned last month amid the rape scandal.

Women's coach Kerstin Kimel told the newspaper that Pressler's message to her players included believing in themselves and looking at their season aside from the troubles faced by the men's team.

A university spokesman said Wednesday that the school had no objections to either the sweatbands or the invitation to Pressler.

"They don't clear those things with us ever," said John Burness, Duke's vice president for public affairs. "We're not sitting here looking over people's shoulders quite that much."

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 09:17 AM
let the hating begin... i love the support these teams have for eachother...

my question is who is going to be the first on this site to call for the women's heads for "supporting a gang of rapists"

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
i cant believe the womens team is supporting a bunch of rapists, there you go I'm the 1st:D

raider red 2000
05-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
let the hating begin... i love the support these teams have for eachother...

my question is who is going to be the first on this site to call for the women's heads for "supporting a gang of rapists"

i cant believe that a woman would wear a head band....what are they....SOLID GOLD DANCERS :)

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:19 AM
of course i am totally jokin

raider red 2000
05-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
i cant believe the womens team is supporting a bunch of rapists, there you go I'm the 1st:D

what kinda pig are you?

they are just supporting their teammates :)

Cameron Crazy
05-25-2006, 09:20 AM
I think it is great way to support the team!

Phil C
05-25-2006, 09:24 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
what kinda pig are you?

they are just supporting their teammates :)
i missed alot of posts yesterday being sick and all so I'm trying to make up for them anyway I can

raider red 2000
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
i missed alot of posts yesterday being sick and all so I'm trying to make up for them anyway I can

gotcha DreDog. i am trying to load up too.

is game 2 tonite?

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 09:27 AM

lol powerposter

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
gotcha DreDog. i am trying to load up too.

is game 2 tonite?
yup sure is