PDA

View Full Version : HS Football Official Appreciation Thread

CenTexSports
05-25-2006, 08:12 AM
These guys work hard, are all in tip top physical shape (well OK shape), dedicate themself to the sport for very little money, and do this work for the love of the game.

PS: You may not know this but while most of your are waiting for football season to get started almost all officials have called a game in the last two weeks (spring games) and they will all call scrimmages before the season starts (all for free).

pirate44
05-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
These guys work hard, are all in tip top physical shape (well OK shape), dedicate themself to the sport for very little money, and do this work for the love of the game.

PS: You may not know this but while most of your are waiting for football season to get started almost all officials have called a game in the last two weeks (spring games) and they will all call scrimmages before the season starts (all for free).
here here!! cheers to the officials!! :clap:

piratebg
05-25-2006, 08:18 AM
I appreciate it. Now on to the next appreciation thread.......

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
i appreciate my dad, the official :)

Ranger Mom
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I umped a T-ball game one time....that was all it took for me to appreciate them.

NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Some of those parents are just downright vicious!!:eek:

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 09:03 AM
My dad was a football official for many, many years. We used to give him a hard time about his "pre-game" warm-up and all the tape he had on his knees, ankles, elbows and thighs :) I have a memory box with his black and white cap, yellow flag, whistle, "Whataburger" stat card and pencil from the game he called a few days before he went to "football official heaven". 3 Cheers for the Officials :clap: :clap: :)

GreenMonster
05-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I always cheer for the officials during Friday night games. I yell for, ok maybe at, them more than I do for the team. :D BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to all the officials out there, consider it part of your pre-season conditioning!