Pool D: Cedar Park

Semifinals:

Round Rock over Austin Bowie
A & M Consolidated over Cedar Park

Championship
A & M Consolidated over Round Rock

Matthew328
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Cuero dropped out of the Round Rock SQT and was replaced by Lake Travis...

Old Tiger
05-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Semi's
RR Westwood vs. Round Rock
Brownwood vs. Consolidated

Finals
Consolidated vs. Round Rock

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't understand how this 7-on-7 works and I don't want to look it up. Will someone just explain it to me? :D Thanks.

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't understand how this 7-on-7 works and I don't want to look it up. Will someone just explain it to me? :D Thanks.

I am sure someone else can explain this more technical than I can, but basically, it is 7 guys from one team against 7 guys from the other team and it is passing, passing and more passing. And it is HOT, HOT and HOT and HUMID, HUMID, HUMID.

I am not the "official spokesperson" for the Cuero 7 on 7 Team for sure, but I think we ended up dropping out due to lack of available boys being able to go that weekend. Anyone that is familiar with 7 on 7 in the Texas heat, knows that 8 guys can complete pretty well in 1 match, but after that, it's physically draining on those guys. Playing 3 or 4 games is just brutal with no subs. We have alot of boys going to camps and other things (including work) and it just wasn't going to work out. We are planning to be at the Victoria SQT on June 3rd.

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am sure someone else can explain this more technical than I can, but basically, it is 7 guys from one team against 7 guys from the other team and it is passing, passing and more passing. And it is HOT, HOT and HOT and HUMID, HUMID, HUMID.

I am not the "official spokesperson" for the Cuero 7 on 7 Team for sure, but I think we ended up dropping out due to lack of available boys being able to go that weekend. Anyone that is familiar with 7 on 7 in the Texas heat, knows that 8 guys can complete pretty well in 1 match, but after that, it's physically draining on those guys. Playing 3 or 4 games is just brutal with no subs. We have alot of boys going to camps and other things (including work) and it just wasn't going to work out. We are planning to be at the Victoria SQT on June 3rd. Thanks. Who determines which schools compete? Do players just sign up or is this something run by each school?

Cameron Crazy
05-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Well the way they are doing it here they just go out and play no sign ups!

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I am going to defer to someone who actually knows the answers lol........ I just know from the last 2 summers, we'd show up at the parking lot before the sun comes up, load the boys in the vehicles, drive to wherever they play, sweat all freaking day long, get back in the car and come home. I really don't know who sets everything up or how it's decided who plays or any of that stuff :D Oh, and did I mention that it is HOT?

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:19 PM
I am going to defer to someone who actually knows the answers lol........ I just know from the last 2 summers, we'd show up at the parking lot before the sun comes up, load the boys in the vehicles, drive to wherever they play, sweat all freaking day long, get back in the car and come home. I really don't know who sets everything up or how it's decided who plays or any of that stuff :D Oh, and did I mention that it is HOT? GOT IT!!! :) Thanks for the insight 44. ;)

schu1213
05-25-2006, 02:45 PM
As long as the kids have a paper signed by their parents anyone can play I think, could be wrong. We used to just have everyone at the beggining sign up and then week to week the players would change.

44INAROW
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
GOT IT!!! :) Thanks for the insight 44. ;)

no problem, as you can see, I am a wealth of information :rolleyes: :D Oh and by the way, in case you didn't know, if you go watch 7 on 7 , wear comfortable and cool clothes because it is HOT :wave: :wave:

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:54 PM
no problem, as you can see, I am a wealth of information :rolleyes: :D Oh and by the way, in case you didn't know, if you go watch 7 on 7 , wear comfortable and cool clothes because it is HOT :wave: :wave: Did you say it was HOT? :p

Matthew328
05-25-2006, 07:47 PM
its a little more organized than that...LOL

Usually the schools Head Coach determines weather the team will play in state qualifiers, league play or both.....depending on the commitment level from the school they may have practices etc....

Usually a parent coaches the team and the players have to find their own ways to qualifiers and pay for the entry fee etc....hope that answers some questions..